Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perfect World. Is it a good MMORPG to play?

Looking for something new. I asked a few weeks ago & was given a few recommendations. But not this one.

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirect...fect_World.php
    There are a ton of reviews there but they seem all over the place.

What's your opinion of PW?

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

No. It's a slow paced and highly generic F2P MMO. I tried it twice. Uninstalled it twice.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I played pw and its okay untill you get half way to lvl cap and realise.... yeah... this is boring lol

check out Perfect world entertainment, i think they have published over 6 or 7 mmo RPGs now... one of which i play now called Forsaken world, Which is still a classic mmo Rpg but a breath of fresh air in the design game play aspects .

Forsaken world is also very playable for Casual mmorpg players or even ppl new to the genre.

another game to look out for in ..closed beta i think now..but not sure , is RaiderZ . Its like Moster hunter MMORPG and looks Very cool.

If your after a MMO but not a rpg im currently testing quite a few mmo shooters with rpg elements in Like Gloabal agenda or as im about to try team fortress 2 cus it has a very good rep .

Also im playing Need for speed World(mmo racing) which is very fun indeed =D looks like its based on one of my fave NFS's Most Wanted.

And all this just waiting for BF3 lol... might get gears 3 not sure =] But i hope that helps you =]

Go to google and type in mmo rpgs and you should get sites that will give you lists and rating of loads of games, cant remember the names of them.

And yeah, dont waste time on Perfect world, its too old now tbh and just like any other rpg, altho you can ride flying stingrays XP

=D
    Last edited by Mekimaru; Sep 20, 2011 at 05:09 AM.
    Flow like water. Water can crash, water can flow.
    Be water.

The game itself is fine, it just costs way too much real money or time to enjoy the game at higher levels. You can get by without spending, but believe me -- it's not worth it.

Its really funny...most of the time people mention money, these players are synonymous with solo-playing. I've played many F2P games and when you establish some friends and play together in a nice orderly fashion and know how it all works, you literally minimize or even eliminate the use of a cash shop in most games.

At least that has been my experience....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Hold on a sec, pso2 isnt going to have a money shop is it ? sorry not the topic on tread .. but omg it better not have if you have to subscribe
    Be water.

Some of the "data miners" claim they saw something of the sort. Can't say for sure though.

Its was an ok rpg. Monsters are the same with different color schemes for beginner areas. Elfs can fly off the bat. Armor can only be worn when high enough level. nice water graphics. You can look like a panda. Giant flying swords! big world with lots of mountains. Most of the quests consist of killing this amount of enemies or collect this amount of mob drops. Then they have you run all over the world sometimes. even with wings it was a pain lol. Oh and I believe the foe that can't fly recover if you try killing them in the air.

It's like WOW, but in China...and slower.

It's also one of those games that are "Free to play, pay to win."
    Because I needed a signature...

[quote=yoshiblue;2687081]Some of the "data miners" claim they saw something of the sort. Can't say for sure though.

Aha i hope its something like Different money that you get from events or somthing, thats yoshiblue :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_Garcia View Post
    It's like WOW, but in China...and slower.

It's also one of those games that are "Free to play, pay to win."
    there is only a few thats free 2 play and not pay to win... hard to find they are.

search you must, pays off effort does, when a good F2P you find.

Well i messed that quote up lol XP , dunno where yoda came from either D=
    Be water.

I'm sorry to bump this...

What about Vindictus? Worth playing?
    I am =THE= SilentWanderer. If you have seen me around elsewhere, you can be sure this is me Here.