Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Default Shump Fan Rejoice

Well good news for shump fans as Otomedius Excellent (360) comes stateside next week. No confirmation yet though on if it's gonna be region free or not for our European friends so we'll have to wait and see. I'll finally be able to pick up my CE preorder that I've had for months now haha.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/26...ica-next-week/

Also remember Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) comes out later this month as well but US gamers have to import it from Europe if you want to play it on your US console.

On a final note G-Rev the same company that brought us Stratania (XBLA) and Mamoru-kun Has Been Cursed! (360/PS3) are coming out with Under Defeat HD (PSN/XBLA) which a challenging but cool shump from the Dreamcast days. Good for PS3 fans since the shump library is kinda small at the moment although Soldner X and X2 are fantastic.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/25...ooter-for-ps3/
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; Oct 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Oh boy. Now if only my brother could get off the xbox360 for once, when i have some cash. >.>

Man. Shoot em ups and Dungeon Hackers have been on FIRE lately. I can't complain. They're coming out faster than I can play them. 5 years ago. I was saying the opposite. I'm not just rejoicing, I'm practically fat from a Thanksgiving dinner with them. It's like going from Famine to Engorged.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Man. Shoot em ups and Dungeon Hackers have been on FIRE lately. I can't complain. They're coming out faster than I can play them. 5 years ago. I was saying the opposite. I'm not just rejoicing, I'm practically fat from a Thanksgiving dinner with them. It's like going from Famine to Engorged.
    Yeah Dungeon Hackers have been overflowing that's for sure, but that being said I am enjoying Rusty Hearts right now

New Rusty Hearts character today. Yay! Gotta try out the gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    New Rusty Hearts character today. Yay! Gotta try out the gunner.
    Yeah I read about her and honestly wasn't too impressed. Might give her a go at some point but for now ill just keep lvl'n up my Tude character

You guys are lucky, Mantiskilla. :<
    Tell me when you know if it's region free or not. Keeping my fingers crossed here. > <
    I'll order a copy from videogamesplus.ca at the speed of light if yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Kazuya View Post
    You guys are lucky, Mantiskilla. :<
    Tell me when you know if it's region free or not. Keeping my fingers crossed here. > <
    I'll order a copy from videogamesplus.ca at the speed of light if yes!
    Will do bro gotta look out for us fellow fans after all

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Also remember Dodonpachi Resurrection (360) comes out later this month as well but US gamers have to import it from Europe if you want to play it on your US console.
    Will this work? US consoles are NTSC and EU consoles are PAL. Will a US console convert PAL to NTSC?

PAL and NTSC are broadcast formats put into TVs and sometimes hardcoded in games. If a game is hardcoded, unless your console ITSELF can detect the actual format in use by the region, then what will happen is it will still run with the framerate existing in PAL. You won't get the full 60 FPS .

Also there are more problems that emerge when you run Interlaced Resolutions. You want 720P and 1080P, NO 720i or 1080i.

The last which will prevent you from running a European Game would be only if the BIOS itself tells the console to not run it.

Google Search or ask another 360 Gamer if they have been able to Import European Titles and run them on their American 360 Models.

Good Luck. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"