Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiskilla View Post
    Time for another update. In some GREAT news from a week or so ago CAVE is possibly looking at releasing Dodonpachi Saidaioujou (newest one currently in arcades) on 360 for both Japan and western markets at the same time. Lets hope this happens for sure

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/24...-and-the-west/

In other news Ether Vapor Remaster is now available on the Steam store for $7.99. A great price for a pretty darn good shooter, but you can download a demo if you want to try it out first. Highly recommend picking this one. If you haven't seen it in action here is a video I had uploaded awhile back as I own the retail version. Getting Steam version anyway for english text reasons.

Ether Vapor Remaster v2.07 - Stage 1 - YouTube
    nice news, really hope that Cave brings over more SHUMP games to NA/EU. i was
    hoping that Akai Katana was not the last game they'll bring over here. ><;

i'll check out on some more videos on that Ether Vapor Remaster you mention. not
    sure if i want to buy it yet though.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

I had no idea about this game. Thanks for sharing Xefi, I love the concept behind it.
    Curious though how many difficulty levels span across each outfit.

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Time for another update fellow shooter, STG, shump, or whatever you want to call yourself fans!

Well some good news out there for the PC gaming crowd as Sine Mora comes to Steam this week. For people who don't have a 360, never played it on 360, or maybe you just like PC gaming better here's your chance to play a pretty well done shooter.

For the console market PS3 owners will happy to know that Under Defeat HD is coming to the PSN Store pretty soon (sometime this fall). While it IS disappointing that the art book and soundtrack is digital only at least the game is coming over here. 360 owners are outta luck (like with Arcana Heart 3) b/c its gonna be PS3 only for NA

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...s-fall-on-ps3/
    Last edited by Mantiskilla; Nov 5, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

^ Under Defeat HD looks pretty nice. i'm looking forward to picking this one up for sure.
    i'll probably get the digital version. also, ps3 is fine with me since i played on that system
    more than my 360. ;p

still waiting on more news about Dodonpachi Saidaioujou you mention earlier.

i'm not so sure about Sine Mora though. someone mention on one of the video i was watching
    that it looks like Crash Bandicoot ps1...lol. > >;

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Save your money on Sine Mora. It's just not worth the price.

On a better note, silly iOS-wielding nerds can also play DoDonPachi Maximum now, apparently. The Windows Phone version was patched to contain all of the new features (which is an easy mode and a new ship). It's just great. I can't recommend it enough.

Crimson Dragon: Side Story is another Windows Phone game that came out a couple months ago. It is fantastic, and a very different kind of shooter from the standard - which makes sense, since it's really much more like a rail shooter (specifically Panzer Dragoon), but adapted into 2D gameplay rather than 3D.

You can only move up and down along one side of the screen, and you use the rest of the screen to control your attacks. In true Panzer Dragoon style (remember: same creator between these two series, and this is definitely intended as a spiritual successor), you have both lock-on lasers you can use by swiping across enemies and releasing to fire, as well as bullet attacks that fire straight forward from your dragon, charge-up attacks, etc., as well as a special attack you can do at the expense of a resource called Willpower.

Now, you can equip three skills at once - you have a choice of six Main Skills, which you have unlocked from the beginning and level up with your dragon. Sub Skills are an alternate attack that typically drain a small amount of Willpower and need to be purchased with Jewels (the game's currency). It's probably best to pick a Sub Skill that complements your Main Skill in some way (like if you have lock-on lasers as your main skill, try taking a bullet skill for your sub skill). Action Skills are your special attacks that take one full Willpower meter to unleash, but are typically very powerful, ranging from a massive barrage of shots everywhere to a more classic-shooter-style screen-clearing bomb attack. Between Sub and Action skills, there's a bunch of them to unlock - nearly two hundred in total - and even though the game's Story Mode is only five stages, there's actually some pretty good challenge in getting through them. Beating Story Mode unlocks Mission Mode, which puts objectives and new challenges within levels (and in almost all cases, strings of levels and/or bosses all in one go), with 30 or so missions, so overall, there's plenty of things to do.

Jewels can be obtained in four ways: A very rare drop from clearing a full wave of enemies (in all the time I've played, I've found three or so this way), completing a story stage or mission for the first time (or every time, in the case of the final stage), though the shop in exchange for Microsoft Points, or a rather novel process involving the GPS. Basically, every time you start up the game it automatically checks your GPS location (assuming you've given it permission, of course) and checks the distance you've traveled since the last time you checked in, and rewards you with jewels based on your total cumulative travel distance.

So naturally, if you just check in at both ends of your daily commute, you'll rack up plenty of jewels in no time. If you travel any considerable distance (like going on vacation, for example), expect to get a huge load of jewels as a result. Considering how well this works and how you get a good amount of jewels every time you beat the final boss (even after a big patch that fixed a bunch of bugs), it's really a wonder why the Microsoft Points option is even there in the first place... Especially since the game itself isn't free.

But it sure is a steal for $1. I recommend every Windows Phone user at least give the game a try, it's easily one of the best games available for the platform.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

For anyone interested in Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition for PS3 if you want the retail version of the game rather than a PSN download the game is being sold exclusively on Amazon for $30. It comes with all the extras (soundtrack cd, all dlc content, etc). The PSN download of the game comes out on Dec. 4th and will have all the extras as well, but I'm sure there are those of you who prefer having the box and stuff.

Just a quick heads up. For anyone who was sitting on the fence about getting eXceed Collection well for the daily deal on Gamersgate the game is on sale for $3.40. Pretty good value for 3 STG games.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-EXCEED...lection-bundle

On a side note I've made it into the Top 10 Online leaderboards of Under Defeat HD for New Order mode. Pretty stoked about that but gotta keep at it if I want to stay there.

Time for some more news fellow STG, Shump, etc. fans. Looks like Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! is coming to the West. My guess is that G.Rev and Rising Star Games had success with Under Defeat HD on PS3 so now we'll see another game come over. For people who haven't played this game its not your typical STG but rather it plays mostly like Pocky & Rocky on SNES. They haven't announced what system its coming out for but I would hope that this time 360 owners don't get jobbed like Under Defeat HD. I have a feeling we'll only see the PS3 version due to its more recent HD widescreen option and extra chars w/o having to do dlc unlike 360 version which was traditional with screen borders and you had to pay for dlcs (the version I have is the imported 360 one). If interested keep your eye out for this one for sure as I recommend it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/24...g-to-the-west/

In other news I really haven't found out much about the new Dodonpachi Saidaioujou coming out, but I hope CAVE sticks to their guns and makes it a worldwide release. In a bit older news...for fans who want to get the CAVE Collection set for 360 (although its missing Ketsui and DDP: Daioujou) Amazon Japan is taking preorders of the collection but It'll cost you $300! Not sure if they are region free or not so might want to wait for more news to come out.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...-22/ref=nosim/

On a side note. I finally was able to get to this boss in Psyvariar 2: Compete Edition the other night on PS2 (Japan). The DC version was a little easier to do b/c the response time with DC stick was much better than PS2. Here is the final boss of the game if you meet the conditions (not my video as I've never been able to defeat it) Stupid hard boss and Touhou fans if you thought grazing on there was important it has nothing on THIS game.

Last edited by Mantiskilla; Feb 1, 2013 at 03:11 AM.

I imported Mamoru , it's a lot of fun, will definitely be getting the localized version.

Well looks like CAVE just annouced that Dodonpachi Saidaioujou will be coming out on May 30th. Hopefully this will be a worldwide release.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/31...h-hd-graphics/

Also on Siliconera a new STG just got announced for 360 (sorry PS3 players) called Caladrius. It's being handled by Moss who did Raiden III and IV. Looks interesting so we shall see.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/31...rvivor-artist/