View Poll Results: What do you think is the best Dragon Ball Z game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast/2

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 1/2/3

3 21.43%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 1/2/3

9 64.29%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team

1 7.14%
  • Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku/2/BF

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors/2

1 7.14%
  • Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai/AR

0 0%
  • Dragon Ball: Origins/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Best Dragon Ball Z Game Ever?

Since the latest game Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi released about couple days ago, I've been wondering if I should get it. I mean, it does have character customization, but does it offer anything else worth having?

Then I wondered: what does everyone believe the best game is? I decided to make a poll... Please, if you do pick a game, explain why you think it is the best, in your opinion.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Isn't today yo birth day?! I picked original budoukais, because that's all I've played.

Was tempted to grab newer ones, but by the time I looked up there were 20 of them and I saw an evil business trend...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

My vote goes for the first 3 Budokai games.

While Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 were, in my opinion, both equally enjoyable, the very first Budokai Tenkaichi was awful, while the 3 Budokai games were all enjoyable.
    Budokai 1, 2 and 3 were all enjoyable, with 3 being the better one. Budokai Tenkaichi 1 was awful. Tenkaichi 2 and 3 were enjoyable, with 3 being the better one.

Never played the PS3/360 games, but from what I've seen, so far they seemed to be way less enjoyable than the PS2 games.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    My vote goes for the first 3 Budokai games.

While Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 were, in my opinion, both equally enjoyable, the very first Budokai Tenkaichi was awful, while the 3 Budokai games were all enjoyable.
    Budokai 1, 2 and 3 were all enjoyable, with 3 being the better one. Budokai Tenkaichi 1 was awful. Tenkaichi 2 and 3 were enjoyable, with 3 being the better one.

Never played the PS3/360 games, but from what I've seen, so far they seemed to be way less enjoyable than the PS2 games.
    Raging Blast 1 and 2 were true improvements off of the Tenkaichi model, meaning they weren't buggy and didn't run at 20 fps. Burst Limit was more of the Budokai continuation, and, while being very pretty, had a habit of being quite annoying to play. I.E.: AI Frieza pushing your shit in because he could teleport any time he damn well pleased.

As for Ultimate Tenkaichi...I'm kinda torn. The game is VERY QTE heavy; it reminded me of one of the Naruto games. Ultimate Storm or something I think? Instead of cutscenes though, Ultimate Tenkaichi is QTE at the end of every chain. I personally think it takes away from the experience, a lot of stopping inbetween fights, and the chance to get out of a chain a lot easier. However, it did improve upon special attack spam, but in a bad way, because it forced you to actually do nothing but melee. Some people may find that an improvement, I call it a toss up.

The character creation is very limited in the beginning. If you want to have your full access to options, you MUST do story mode first. You can also only make a male character, and he HAS to be a saiyan. You get different voice actors depending on what "type" of voice you choose. I chose "Crazy". It gave my character a Brooklyn accent. You also get to choose what super and ultimate attacks your character will have, and your character gets extra bonuses in Hero Mode, depending on who your "Master" is. You choose a character from the DBZ universe, and you can "train" under them. By sparring a few times, you get extra moves and bonuses, such as health, damage, ki, etc. You can't change masters until you do at least 60% of their training. Once you finish their training, you can fight in their style. (I.E. If you finish the first master, who is Yamcha, then you get his fighting style, in terms of melee combat.)

All in all...it seems like a decent game. Definitely not worth full price, it feels like a $40 game. Graphics are kinda cool, if a little more gritty feeling. Gameplay can be a bit stop and go, with the presentation being cheesily exaggerated, which I kinda liked. I'd say pick it up, but only if you split the money between friends, since it doesn't feel like you should be spending $60 dollars on it.

About the Raging Blast games, I don't know what it is, but there's something about them that feels kinda "off" to me, at least when seeing gameplay videos, since I don't have neither PS3 or 360.
    About the new Ultimate Tenkaichi, hate how it's so QTE heavy, it's a game that I wouldn't want to play, even if I had a PS3/360.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The newest game is sort of like a QTE simulator. The instant you do enough damage and/or knock the guy away, you get sent into a QTE limbo where the objective is the send the other guy to QTE hell/God of War 2.

It's so bad.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    About the Raging Blast games, I don't know what it is, but there's something about them that feels kinda "off" to me, at least when seeing gameplay videos, since I don't have neither PS3 or 360.
    About the new Ultimate Tenkaichi, hate how it's so QTE heavy, it's a game that I wouldn't want to play, even if I had a PS3/360.
    Probably because it's so bland looking. It really is kind of boring. Also feels kinda hollow as well. Well, boring to look at anyway.

I would have to say it's this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Isn't today yo birth day?! I picked original budoukais, because that's all I've played.

Was tempted to grab newer ones, but by the time I looked up there were 20 of them and I saw an evil business trend...
    Yeah, it was the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Raging Blast 1 and 2 were true improvements off of the Tenkaichi model, meaning they weren't buggy and didn't run at 20 fps. Burst Limit was more of the Budokai continuation, and, while being very pretty, had a habit of being quite annoying to play. I.E.: AI Frieza pushing your shit in because he could teleport any time he damn well pleased.

As for Ultimate Tenkaichi...I'm kinda torn. The game is VERY QTE heavy; it reminded me of one of the Naruto games. Ultimate Storm or something I think? Instead of cutscenes though, Ultimate Tenkaichi is QTE at the end of every chain. I personally think it takes away from the experience, a lot of stopping inbetween fights, and the chance to get out of a chain a lot easier. However, it did improve upon special attack spam, but in a bad way, because it forced you to actually do nothing but melee. Some people may find that an improvement, I call it a toss up.

The character creation is very limited in the beginning. If you want to have your full access to options, you MUST do story mode first. You can also only make a male character, and he HAS to be a saiyan. You get different voice actors depending on what "type" of voice you choose. I chose "Crazy". It gave my character a Brooklyn accent. You also get to choose what super and ultimate attacks your character will have, and your character gets extra bonuses in Hero Mode, depending on who your "Master" is. You choose a character from the DBZ universe, and you can "train" under them. By sparring a few times, you get extra moves and bonuses, such as health, damage, ki, etc. You can't change masters until you do at least 60% of their training. Once you finish their training, you can fight in their style. (I.E. If you finish the first master, who is Yamcha, then you get his fighting style, in terms of melee combat.)

All in all...it seems like a decent game. Definitely not worth full price, it feels like a $40 game. Graphics are kinda cool, if a little more gritty feeling. Gameplay can be a bit stop and go, with the presentation being cheesily exaggerated, which I kinda liked. I'd say pick it up, but only if you split the money between friends, since it doesn't feel like you should be spending $60 dollars on it.
    I just came back from preordering Uncharted 3 at GameStop, and I asked the guy there what he thought about UT. He pretty much said what you said, in a nutshell, with some laughs and cusss words in. Told me it was only worth getting used. Makes total sense.

One thing I loved about Budokai 3, which is my all time favorite, was the Dragon Rush, and how it connected moves at the end. I think UT took it too far from what I've seen, about 4 punches in and its QTE TIME!! While B3 had you do a particular move in a particular form to initiate Dragon Rush. I don't know, but something just draws me in with Budokai 3. I had hoped Burst Limit ccould have become a PS3 version, but it failed at that.