Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default Lots of new information 12/15/11

I just copied and pasted

IF you wanna see it go to this site.

http://bumped.org/psublog/

Also if you want to edit it go ahead.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Alpha Test 2 Interface Changes

A new enemy called キャタドラン Kyatadoran
    Morning! Today Sakai wants you to check this week’s Famitsu Weekly because you can see information about PSO2′s Mags and My Room. In addition the article talks about a new Item Grinding feature called Item Lab, and a new field and enemy.

And of course today it was announced that they are taking in 50,000 new applicants to participate in the Alpha Test 2. Alpha Test 2 not only plans to introduce the changes people requested in the previous test, but will also introduce a new feature called My Room. Their goal is to check and see how the server handles more simultaneous connections than the last time. So those of you who already participated will be joined by 50,000 more testers to assess server stability.
    Furthermore, anyone’s class level that’s higher than level 10 will be given the opportunity to participate in future tests.

PSO2 Fansite Kit

Sakai has given out a fansite kit to add to your websites and blogs, as well as twitter icons you can use as your icon.

New Interface Improvements

Sega will bring PSO2 to Akihabara Game Festa on December 24th. If you are attending you should watch the 14:00JST presentation and the 16:00JST presentation because some of the content will be different. You can try out just the Alpha Test 2′s new character creation features.
    But let’s look at today’s Porori image!

Aha! It looks like the HP bars have now moved to the lower left corner just like PSU and PSP2. Since the eyes will be focusing on that part of the screen anyway, it will be easier to read your HP status now.
    This screenshot was actually taken two weeks ago, and more adjustments have been made since then. In fact, everyday with the development team, Sakai can make minor changes and improvements to the game. See you next time!
    My Room in PSO2

Phantasy Star Online 2 has a feature you are already familiar from PSU called My Room. This is where you and your friends can chill and hang out in your room between adventures. The My Room is located in the residential area inside the dome of the Arcs Ship. Details provided by Shougai.

You can have up to 12 players in your room.

There’s also a terrace.

Item Laboratory “Item Customization”

PSO2 introduces a new feature called Item Lab, it will let you customize your weapons and armor (units). You will be able to increase the stats of your weapons as well as the attribute level, and you can add special abilities to your items. Details provided by Shougai.
    Item Grinding
    Boosts stats for weapons
    Boosts stats for armor
    Striking Power
    Shooting Power
    Force Power
    (Armor grinding details were not included in the article, this will probably be explained at a later time.)
    Boost Level
    When you grind your item, the weapon will have a value added onto it like “+1.”
    Gunslash +1
    You can strengthen it to +10
    Required Items needed for Grinding
    Meseta
    Grinder
    You may be required to use multiple grinders when you are strengthening your weapon.
    For example when grinding from +3 to +4 you could use something like 2 grinders.
    Failing A Grind
    When you are grinding a weapon and it fails, you do not lose that strengthened weapon.
    (Speculation: Shougai thinks you will just lose the meseta and grinders you used for grinding but details about this are unknown. I assume your grind levels stay the same if you fail but I’m not so sure about this subject at the moment.)
    Item Attribute Grinding
    You can increase the attributes of..
    Fire
    Ice
    Lightning
    Wind
    Light
    Dark
    Process for increasing attributes.
    By joining multiple items you can increase the attribute level. (Kind of like the weapon synthesis of PSP2i)
    You will use “Meseta” and an item called “Synthesizer” to increase your attribute stats.
    Adding Special Abilities
    You can add special abilities to your weapon or armor (units) like:
    Flame Resist
    Rockbear Soul
    Shoot II
    An item’s special ability could be passed on to another item.
    (Speculation: Based on the screenshot it seems adding special abilities can also fail but the details are unknown.)

Category: Phantasy Star Online 2 No Comments
    Thursday December 15, 2011 01:26

Phantasy Star Online 2 Alpha Test 2 Signup
    Sega is now accepting recruits for the Alpha Test 2 page. Head to http://pso2.jp/entry/ to register! They will be taking recruits starting from today December 15th, 2011 through January 17th, 2012. After the completion of this test, (based on how well it does) they will continue to the closed beta test. If your character reaches level 10 in any of the classes, you will continue on to the closed beta test. However if you are caught violating the terms of this alpha test you will not get that privilege.

In Alpha Test 2, Sega will be adding a new feature called My Room.

Recruiting Info
    12/15/2011 through 1/17/2012
    50,000 people to be added
    You must be a Japanese resident to participate.
    You do not need to re-register if you signed up for the newsletter already.
    Alpha Test 2 Minimum Requirements
    Windows XP / Vista / 7 32bit or 64bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher
    1.5GB (XP) 2GB (Vista/7) of RAM
    8GB HD Space
    1280×720 Resolution
    Nvidia GeForce 78000GT or Similar or Higher
    Direct x 9.0c

More information as of 12/16

Today the official site updated with some vague information about Mags and My Room and Item Lab. But the conciseness of the update made some information clearer than before.

Those familiar with PSO should remember Mags, they are mechanical life forms that grow when you give them items.

They will grow into various forms, and will support the player on the battle side and status. (“ステータスや戦闘面?” I’m not going to read too much into this.)

Not only can you customize your character but you can also customize your living spaces with the My Room feature. My Room can accommodate 12 players at the same time. Make your room by customizing it with various items.

Furthermore, you can customize your weapons and armor in the Item Lab. Not only can you strengthen the power and defense of your items but also by composing the same weapon, you can increase the attribute rate.

With the feature to “Add a Special Ability”, you can transplant special abilities from other weapons.

Comments

The Item Lab itself so far is split into THREE distinct features. The first one is to increase your stats on items. The screenshots show all the stats an item has and what it can increase to. For example when grinding the Rifle to +3 to +4 it listed its Striking and Range Power and tech power, although the Rifle’s tech power is zero making it irrelevant. Grinding it to +4 would increase its Range Power to 136.
    The second feature is to increase the attribute rate which by the way the description is written sounds exactly like Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity’s weapon synthesis system.
    The third feature is to add special abilities on weapons which shows a possible list of abilities you can add onto a weapon.
    As for the mags, well, it could be referencing a photon blast, I’m not going to think of PSU’s PMs until more information is revealed.

New Information 12/20/11

Christmas Eve 2011 Phantasy Star Online 2 Event

Phantasy Star Online 2 will be presented at the Akihabara Game Festa 2011 where you can play PSO2′s updated character creation feature. Since the previous alpha test in August, character creation has added new costumes and cast morphing. Characters created at the event will be showcased at the official site at a later time.
    There will be two presentations:
    14:00 JST (Saturday, December 24th, at 12:00AM Eastern)
    16:00 JST (Saturday, December 24th, at 2:00AM Eastern)

These presentations will cover new information including details about the alpha test 2 version, and a talk show presented by the development staff with prizes in store. This stage event will be streamed live, the details will be announced at the official site at a later time.
    Event Notes
    You can only play the Character Creation portion.
    Each stage presentation will be different so you should watch both!
    The contents of the event may change without notice.

New changes

Beast looking FOnewmen

A new area revealed in the last promo movie is the city area. Though currently details about this area are unknown, this location utilizes the Arks font on street pavement. There is a boss enemy for this location, according to Famitsu and reported by Shougai, his name is ダーク・ラグネ Dark Ragne (Dark Lagne)

When Dark Ragne is down you can jump on its back and attack its weakpoint directly.

The Christmas Eve Fan Briefing is now over, so here are Famitsu, GPara, and Game Watch‘s recap of the event. They note that some of the content featured in the screenshots may not appear in Alpha Test 2.

Hideaki Kobayashi, the guy who does most of your Phantasy Star music presented his Orchestral theme for PSO2 which is based on the original melody of Phantasy Star Online’s main theme. The Opening CGI movie features the Short Version, and the second trailer showing the contents like My Room features the Long Version of the theme. This orchestral theme was recorded in November, 2011.
    PSO2 Alpha Test 2 has two main goals, to inspect the improvements and new elements added to this test, as well as assess server stability and load by adding 50,000 more people.

New features in character creation include an “Expression Test” that lets you test out facial expressions. You can now change your eyebrow color to match your hair, the min/max range for your height has increased, casts body parts can now morph, and casts can have humanoid faces.
    Female Casts now have access to modify their breasts, and you can change the “skin” color of Casts using a color picker.
    One minor feature that was introduced is the undo and redo functions so you can fine tune your unsightly creation for the world to see.

There’s a new enemy called Kyatadoran. A dragon-type enemy with a long body, it can freely expand and contract its body giving you a long range attack. Famitsu thinks this is a boss grade enemy. (His boss status was mentioned in the Fan Briefing though.)
    Alpha Test 2 reintroduces boss teleporters so you can fight the boss on its own stage. However, not all bosses will have this feature, some of them will just unexpectedly appear in a quest like before. In addition each quest has been revamped with thicker content than before.

There were new improvements made to the battle portions of the game. Rangers and Forces can now Just Attack using their weapons. You can stop some of the enemy’s attack ( for example: a powerful rush attack), by using Just Attacks. This was demonstrated with a Ranger who used Just Attacks to stop an enemy from charging at him. Your movement speed while charging techs is now faster than before, you can now charge technics through the sub-palette too.

Item Lab, you can customize your items by grinding, increasing attributes, and adding special abilities.
    With grinders you can strengthen the power and defense of your items. When you strengthen your weapon you get a +1 grind value by the item’s name. You can increase this value to +10, however, if you fail a grind, the grind’s value goes down. Fortunately your item will not be destroyed.
    You can increase attribute values like (20% Fire) by composing the same weapons. The amount you can increase is influenced by the other weapon’s attribute and attribute values. You will need an item called “Synthesizer” to perform this action.
    When you acquire a weapon or unit, it will sometimes have an ability attached. You can transfer this ability to other weapons and units with the “Add a Special Ability” feature. But be careful, rare special abilities have lower chances of transferring over.

My Room is a feature taken from Phantasy Star Universe where you can have up to 12 players in your room. You can set room furniture on the ground to whatever location you choose. You can change the designs of the whole room with a remodeling ticket. An item can be used to expand your room to 3 separate rooms individually.
    The three rooms consist of your main (center) room, and 2 adjacent rooms, one on the left and right. Each room can separately have its own distinct look by using a remodeling ticket.

Mags are machine life forms, when you give them items they grow into various forms. Famitsu wants to talk more about mags in a follow up report to see whether or not they have photon blasts (To me it sounds like Famitsu is holding out on information.). Famitsu states Mags are not implemented in Alpha Test 2.

The new futuristic city is being invaded by the Darkers. But is this a city on a planet? If you look at the sky you can see some ridges circling around the city. Famitsu thinks this city could actually be a colony or an Arks ship.
    There’s a boss enemy here that looks like a spider. If you jump on its back when it is down, you can attack its weak point. Famitsu states this new city area is not in the Alpha Test 2.

His name is Dark Ragne!

Commentary

Weapon Synthesis works the same way in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, you take a “Rifle” and combine the attributes of other weapons named “Rifle” to increase the percentage. I’m not able to officially determine how each attribute influences the amount you gain. But my observations are:
    Attribute + Different Attribute below 30 = +1
    Attribute + Different Attribute above 30 = +2
    Attribute + Same Attribute = ???
    The Skill Tree underwent a revamp. There’s now a lock system that requires the previous skill to be of that level before you advance to the next skill.
    For example:
    Step 0/1 > Step Advance 0/10 > [3 Lock] Step Attack 0/1.
    In the demonstration, after they used Skill Points and leveled Step Advance to 3/10, it unlocked the passageway to the Step Attack skill.
    My Room, almost Sims like this time, a cool feature is how remodeling tickets not only affect the visual style of the room, but also the size.
    Remodel Room L (Makes Room Larger)
    Remodel Room S (Basic Room)
    Gothic Style (Makes Room Gothic Look)
    Basic Style (Default Room)

Copy and pasted from http://bumped.org/psublog/

Give props to the dude not me.

Cred goes to http://bumped.org/psublog/
    Last edited by Ark22; Dec 25, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

That's really awesome. So, does anyone know the steps to apply for a test position? Or are they going to be checking for JP IP addresses?

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Aha! It looks like the HP bars have now moved to the lower left corner just like PSU and PSP2.
    That is extremely disappointing to me lol. I always very much prefer to have my HP and whatnot in the top left.

Especially being someone who plays in 4:3.. I don't know how all that stuff is gonna fit down there without being totally smooshed.
    Last edited by Malachite; Dec 15, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

Oh great, PSU elemental weaponry returns.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Drag friendly UI, yes?

....please?
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    I would like to see a combination of PSU Elemental weaponry and the PSO monster types. Would make it quite interesting imo.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Drag friendly UI, yes?

....please?
    DIS...

It's 2011!

ALL THE PSO FANS ARE SAD GROWN MEN NOW, WE CAN DECIDE WHAT UI PLACEMENT IS COMFY FOR US.

And yeah I liked top left better as well

Hope there's some wind techs and it's not just a silly element that only has some wind theme related buffs, and like 1 crappy attack tech.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Dec 15, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I like the item customization.

Even the elemental attribute system is more than acceptable now that I know there is more than one way to raise attributes (as opposed to crafting weapons over and over and over again hoping to get a decent roll).

No new MAG information, yet.

;-;
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Actually, it seems more like a fusion between PSU and PSO. Yes, you have elemental weaponry, but the weapon can also have an ability. I don't see a problem with this.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ship 2
    The Ginyu Force
    Lyric