Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

@ Olaf and Zyru

If I wanna use an Light 13* saber the whole mission, I will!

It's just annoying when proper 50% element 9* majarra equipped spear does 4X the damage.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    Soo.. having elemental power rather than just being strong against a certain enemy is bad, just because it was in PSU?

Did you really just imply you won't get the game because it has elemental attributes? Wow.
    Its bad because of how badly done it was in PSU. It wasn't a terrible idea, but forcing EVERY weapon to use the system was.

It was terribly implemented. Forcing 99% of the enemies in the game to be Elemented pretty much insured you were going to be shifting through weapons more than you needed to. This wouldn't be an issue if there were only 3, but that wasn't the case. Fire Ice Lightning Earth Light and Dark. This makes equipping armor a tedious, inventory filling wreck, and makes playing Force the equilivent of playing single mommy to newborn sextuplets.

Force was its own trainwreck of fail, but 6 elements to choose from was just ridiculous especially when there were usually no fewer than 5 techniques (with their own fucking PA EXP) to deal with, and only 4 assigned per weapon, meaning if you had one good weapon you were screwed because you could only bind 4 to one, and mixing them impacted your damage.

blah blah blah, simple fact is, everything worked better when Hunters
    exploited attributes and Forces and a few rangers exploited elements. Forcing EVERYTHING around elements made using them tedious and made exploiting them nigh-impossible, hence force being a pretty shitty class until you're like, level 130 or something.

For defense, in Phantasy Star Online had "elemented" armors, but it had a separate attribute for all of them...you didn't have to only use one. Barriers also could have been used for specific element defense (complete with a neat block effect). But no matter what the case you never were penalized for using the wrong armor. DEF was badly implemented in PSO too (10 HP points were greater than like 600 DEF points), but the CONCEPT was far superior.

And finally, PSO also had elemented Weapons but you could CHOOSE to use them, with the Extra button. They wern't very useful to hunters, but it immensely helped Rangers cope with bad damage at lower levels. Forces didn't need them; they had techniques.

tl;dr PSO's concept system had all the same traits of PSU's, it was just far more in-depth, with alot more control and way less stupid drawbacks for FAKE complexity like in PSU. It's like PSU said "OH HEY LOOK cool bloom effect, LETS USE IT FOR ELEMENTS!" and then ran with it, completely forgetting that the ideas were stupid.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Yes, I understand everything that was terrible about PSU.

But just because it has elemental attributes on weapons doesn't mean that they're gonna handle it the terrible way that they did in PSU. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Point is, nobody knows if it's bad yet. So far, most of the information released about PSO2 has been relatively 'good', and they've even fixed most of the big problems that the fans had. So I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt that it won't be as terribly broken as it was in PSU, until I see more information on it.

It's just ridiculous that someone would say they're not going to get the game simply because of the mention of elemental attributes.

Personally I like the element system in PSU a lot. I actually don't get the attribute system in PSO with the mechanical and dark and beast and all that stuff.

There was hardly ever even more than 3 different elements in a mission, usually just 2 sometimes with a very few amount of a 3rd element.
    Last edited by pikachief; Dec 21, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Fayorei View Post
    Looking good, looking good.
    Has it been confirmed that a weapon having an elemental stat on it will make it useless against certain enemies yet?
    Nope, we should wait until we have more information on how elements work unless someone who played alpha test 1 could explain it.

I wouldn’t write off elemental attributes just yet. So far PSO2’s direction on how it handles elements is slightly different from PSU.

This is all hypothetical based on Alpha 1 screenshots:

PSU places heavy emphasis on element colors when you select armor and weapons.
    You will visually know a blue weapon icon is ice.

PSO2 instead has colors based on weapon type, so a blue weapon icon is a ranged weapon.
    There’s no visual way to know what element your weapon is through the icon unless you consult the weapon list in the item pack.

If you look at this list of weapons you’ll see some weapons have elements and some do not.

In addition some enemies have elemental weak points 弱点, and some do not.
    (Based on this it looks like they want you to use elements to attack elemental weakpoints. They did not give any indication yet showing the Rappy is ICE element since it is weak to fire.)

The biggest change is how PSO2 handles element resistances.
    A unit in alpha test 1 has access to change any of your physical and element resistances and your defensive stats.
    Since you get 3 units to mix and match you can essentially stack elemental resistances of your choosing.
    (Compare this to PSU where Line Shields affected your defense stats and ONE element resistance.)

This armor in PSO2 adds +5 DEF +5 EVA and +5 MIND and +1 Striking Physical Resistance to your base stats.'

This unit adds +43 DEF +43 EVA +43 MIND and +1 Striking Physical Defense, +1 Range Physical Resistance, and +2 Fire and +2 Light Elemental Resistance to your base stats.

Full Picture

* The Reaction stat here is known as EVA for simplicity purposes.
    Last edited by WBMike; Dec 21, 2011 at 04:17 PM.

New changes

Beast looking FOnewmen

A new area revealed in the last promo movie is the city area. Though currently details about this area are unknown, this location utilizes the Arks font on street pavement. There is a boss enemy for this location, according to Famitsu and reported by Shougai, his name is ダーク・ラグネ Dark Ragne (Dark Lagne)

When Dark Ragne is down you can jump on its back and attack its weakpoint directly.

Cred goes to http://bumped.org/psublog/

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Honestly.. I think I liked the ship in the original alpha test a little more.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Hmm some of these more recent images for the city area looks better.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content...ity-Hunter.jpg

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Jesus, that looks much better. God, it was so ugly before.

City level + Lacking textures = Always ugly. Doesn't matter what game it is.

This unit adds +43 DEF +43 EVA +43 MIND and +1 Striking Physical Defense, +1 Range Physical Resistance, and +2 Fire and +2 Light Elemental Resistance to your base stats.
    Yeah, i saw that. Im just happy they aren't sticking with that "lol1element on your armor" BS from PSU/P2/i. It was so annoying...

The game graphics got boosted.....DAYYUUMM and for the lazy people who hate links.

Thank MICH FOR IT!

Shougai posted minor info about grinding from this week’s Dengeki Playstation. The grind’s (+value) goes down and you’ll have to pay again to strengthen the weapon.
    Last edited by Ark22; Dec 21, 2011 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!