Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Canned Air Helps restore the shoulder buttons. Blow the dust out with canned air not your breath

Level 93 Humar-Winders **Retired**
    Level 100 Ramar-Rick Hunter **Retired**
    Level 100 Fomar-Windancer **Retired**

I tried this for for a looong time and it workedpretty well for good amount of time. I however lifted the trigger compeltely to the point if would snap off (DS LITE) and blew as hard as i could.

Its like the N64 days lol.

But alas, both my triggers are dead now. 3DS timee
    Interested in finding some fellow PSZ friends? Then try out:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069

Give me a shout out! (Daixsue Co-Leader of the acclaimed Chato Guild!)

FC-2194-3652-5867 Nickname

The L Button on my DS Lite don't work anymore since months D: but...I buy a DSi XL to keep playing my DS games...soon a 3DS XL who knows...

my dsi xl has been operating perfectly since it came out... i'm not sure how these buttons get screwed up but any way to remove them? a thin coil of copper wire and very very sparing dilectric grease should help... help with MAF sensors on old volvos anyways=)

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sml_psZ View Post
    my dsi xl has been operating perfectly since it came out... i'm not sure how these buttons get screwed up but any way to remove them? a thin coil of copper wire and very very sparing dilectric grease should help... help with MAF sensors on old volvos anyways=)
    A DSI XL, is not a car. Chances are if you go messing around with the circuitry and adding/replacing stuff in it that you are going to break the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    A DSI XL, is not a car. Chances are if you go messing around with the circuitry and adding/replacing stuff in it that you are going to break the unit.
    If the buttons don't work they are already broken, which would require replacement, correct? I think your thought process may be backwards here.
    But I withdraw my suggestion, as the button is removed as an assembly, and can be replaced as such.
    I am aware it is not a car, I promise. I have yet to successfully drive this thing anywhere. But circuitry is circuitry, and what is repairable is repairable.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sml_psZ View Post
    If the buttons don't work they are already broken, which would require replacement, correct? I think your thought process may be backwards here.
    But I withdraw my suggestion, as the button is removed as an assembly, and can be replaced as such.
    I am aware it is not a car, I promise. I have yet to successfully drive this thing anywhere. But circuitry is circuitry, and what is repairable is repairable.
    My thought process isn't backwards. Yours is. The unit still works and may still be fixed, you go messing with the circuitry and all heck breaks lose... What you need to do is clean the parts of the shoulder buttons, with a dry or non-liquid based aerosol.

ok let me reiterate.
    I WITHDRAW MY SUGGESTION, AS THE BUTTON IS REMOVED AS AN ASSEMBLY AND CAN BE REPLACED AS SUCH.
    also let me reiterate: my dsi works perfectly.
    so think before you tell me what i need to do.
    this is simple discussion.

or would you feel better if i just say you're right and thus superior?
    i'm not interested in petty argument, or being rude.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

If you tamper with the hardware, you void your warranty with Nintendo and will not be granted any special limited price for shipped repairs; you will have to buy an entirely new system if you do such, whereas with a DS and above these days, you can still call them about mailing your system in for repairs, even if you do not have a warranty with the store you purchased it.

Nintendo is cool, but they hate when you try to fix it yourself and potentially make matters more complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277