Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Hmm not sure i'll watch Steins;gate then.

Just watched and finished Freezing. Bit to much blood to my liking but the perv in me loved all the cut up clothes and uncensored breasts/nipples and such Also much and much better story AND combat then Kämpfer or Sekirei.

No, just no. Honestly, do you really find any of the time travel theories mentioned in this show reasonable? They make no bloody sense whatsoever.
    But not to make you get the wrong idea Ce'Nedra: Steins;Gate was among the most popular animes of the last year.

I have no problem with idiotic, pseudo-scientific explanations for stuff happening in shows, but the fact people praise Steins;Gate for being thought through WELL is what makes me want to vomit. I saw cases were a person would question the plot technicalities, just to be crushed by fandom fools' ignorance towards science.

Hmm it sounds like a boring anime to mean though, popular or not. I'll have a few other anime i got recommended by my bro that i'll watch first, then see if i can bring the mood to bother with Steins;Gate

I started on GTO yesterday, it's good fun, done 13 episodes so far now.

Durarara again, still loving you Kida <3

Saw the first couple episodes of Spice and Wolf recently. I need to finish that series.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Well, I've only really been watching what's up on Netflix so I haven't seen anything really good recently. Or at least since the last thread. One I did happen to stumble across that really got my attention was AngelBeats!. Despite having a very cliche roundup of characters and scenarios, and the comedy quite over the top in the gruesome department (thanks to the characters already being dead, thus immortal), the very human back-stories behind their lives and deaths, their rebellion in purgatory, and their eventual acceptance and passing on to the next stage were quite touching. I fully admit, that by the end of the series, I was dangerously close to bawling like a little bitch. And that was a good thing.

The art style is clean, fluid, and vibrant while the music is quite decent (both GirlDeMo and the generic background tunes). However the plot pacing could have used far more than 13 episodes, as many of the characters really needed more exploration, like T.K. Unfortunately, they're mostly all sort of brushed aside at the end. Annoying and a technical markdown, but ultimately it's forgivable.

Also, the informational pop-ups have the same sound effect as the menu pop-ups from PSO. Not really a plus, but each time the scene changed I got a little flash of anxiety thinking that I had been disconnected. That's got to count for something on a PSO forum.

Since the show deals with the subject of pain and suffering of life, and what justice can possibly be done in the afterlife, I wasn't expecting much from an anime series when tackling the problem of evil... but it was still disappointing that AngelBeats! largely sidesteps the issue. Their answer is the old Buddhist standby of "joyful participation in all the sorrows of life", which is (I suppose) as of yet the best answer I've ever heard. At least it gave Blues music.

In addition, I've been watching the shit out School Rumble. Yeah, it's old news, but I'm still having a blast with it. For the most part, it's enjoyable but nothing really special. Kenji Harima, however, really makes the show worth while - and the dynamic he has with Eri leads to some of the better comedy moments I've seen in anime.

Also, the second season OP resembles like what Bad Religion would have sounded like if Greg Graffin were a 19 year old Japanese girl.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jan 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCraig View Post
    Saw the first couple episodes of Spice and Wolf recently. I need to finish that series.
    Oooh, I like that series. Very interesting character chemistry going on along with...economics.

On the topic-note:

Started watching Chihayafuru, which is REALLY good so far! I didn't know I would ever be this fascinated by a show about a poetry card game.

Also started Mawaru Penguindrum which is FABULOUS MAX. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I've heard REALLY good things about it and I'm expecting something very interesting.

Senki Zesshou Symphogear is quickly becoming disappointing and a generic execution to a possibly interesting concept, and I'm hoping that it picks itself up again.

I watched Squid Girl. It was okay.

Guilty Crown, perhaps one of the best animes for this season, sadly.