Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humor curiosity

I also like humor out of ridiculous things...

Here is an example:

This is how in the game X3 you capture an enemy ship.

1) We warp into a pirate sector and try to keep it out of our heads that we are outnumbered...

2) We are forced to fly behind the fastest ship and then destroy every ship in the wing until one is left. By then all "allies" have been contacted.

3) We have to bombard the enemy ship's shields and damage their hull.

4) We have to ask them to surrender (Comm + Surrender) hoping the pilot ejects from his ship.

Oh boy this isn't enough right?

5) We can't just capture the ship, oh no.....We gotta get out in a space suit from the ship we are in already, meaning we gotta eject from our ship (Shift + E) so now we move around in a space suit.

6) We have to get into a 30 meter range of the ship, all while pirates are approaching your position.

7) We now are attuned to a great revelation! The ship we damaged may or may not have a navigational computer to actually fly on its own to an outpost after claiming it....

so

a) If it has a nav comp, great! Simply Issue a console command (in-game option part of the game itself) to the ship to go dock at some outpost.

b) if it doesn't we don't get back into our own ship! We get into the ship we just nearly blew up and order our fighter to dock at an outpost on the other side of the jumpgate.

We can strip the pirate ship of weapons and shields if we like, but if we want to sell we gotta do two things:

a) repair all the way, so i get to leave my ship against (eject) and fire beams at it....Oh lets not forget that by now...a pirate fleet has warped into the sector and is engaging anything in the area thanks to me.

b) Try not to be found by pirates.

9) Now we can sell the ship if its any good....

Congratulations, we just capped a ship...angered a few sectors and caused a small little war. ^_^

The humor in this is how ridiculously long it is but also how you literally do this in-game.

Now please don't ask me how to mine an asteroid. It will make you want to stab your eye out. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

never morbid. but I understand that humor, like many others. in which case, that makes me pretty chill around other people having a good time.

My humor. oh geeze. make what you will of it if you get to know me more. situational/literal, pun driven, sarcastic. and oh-my-gawd, so RANDOM. and maybe some other attributes I'm forgetting. IDK.

rrggg. its difficult to describe my humor. -_-

Don't become friends with a doctor. You need a dry sense of humor or a morbid sense of humor to keep your sanity in that field. Any doctor. Even dentist.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I love puns and terrible puns and extremely terrible puns.

Also dry humor and black, though I think pretty much anyone who isn't ass clenched and radically religious has that humor.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I can't laugh at people slipping and falling.

Stairs hurt.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Michaeru: Oh well. I guess you'll be one to dislike the big surge of "FUS RO DAH" Youtube vids that have been popping up.

On the other hand, I also like a particular method of speaking you often hear from BBC entertainment.
    Stuff where they go on about describing something multiple times, each describing the subject more and more, before they get on with the subject.

Here's a modest example:

To Holly, the ship's computer.

"How could you have missed that? How could you not see Five Black Holes!!!"

Holly: Well, you see. The thing about Black Holes is that they are Black.
    And the thing about Space. The Colour of Space. The typical Space Colour... is that it's Black.
    So how am I supposed to see it?

Of course, the other part of the humour here is the whole assumption made by the first sentence. One, just about any Sci-fi buff would get. When you ask a computer about seeing something, it's always assumed to detect by sensor arrays, historical and predictive calculations, and a database catalogue. The computer responding with the idea of using visual sight instead of all of that.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Michaeru: Oh well. I guess you'll be one to dislike the big surge of "FUS RO DAH" Youtube vids that have been popping up.

On the other hand, I also like a particular method of speaking you often hear from BBC entertainment.
    Stuff where they go on about describing something multiple times, each describing the subject more and more, before they get on with the subject.

Here's a modest example:

To Holly, the ship's computer.

"How could you have missed that? How could you not see Five Black Holes!!!"

Holly: Well, you see. The thing about Black Holes is that they are Black.
    And the thing about Space. The Colour of Space. The typical Space Colour... is that it's Black.
    So how am I supposed to see it?

Of course, the other part of the humour here is the whole assumption made by the first sentence. One, just about any Sci-fi buff would get. When you ask a computer about seeing something, it's always assumed to detect by sensor arrays, historical and predictive calculations, and a database catalogue. The computer responding with the idea of using visual sight instead of all of that.
    LOL that british humor...

I dunno for me that's one of those things that aren't funny even when you get the joke. Probably has to grow on people.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Don't become friends with a doctor. You need a dry sense of humor or a morbid sense of humor to keep your sanity in that field. Any doctor. Even dentist.
    I'm friends with a couple who are both nurses. The stories they casually tell to each other over dinner make me terrified of ever having to go to a hospital again in my life.