Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I am going to write a letter to SEGA of Japan...

and I'd like your input.
    What I'm most interested in doing (other than back slapping them for all the cool features I wanted..and perhaps not wanted) is to request a bunch of features.

So post in this topic and I will combine your suggestions along with a few other threads I've read.

I'll take a picture of the letter and envelope before I send it. Maybe I'll even take a video of me dropping in into the mailbox?

I think a letter, with hyperlinks on PSO-W and a few other sites, along with a short and to-the-point list will get someone's attention.

Emails are pointless, but a letter in the mail carries much more weight.

It's worth a try.

Now post your ideas!
    Triton. At your service.

I hate to be a buzz killer but I have to say one thing: let them make the game.

We don't know what all is in the game, thus you don't know whether or not something better is coming along or not. So just let them do their thing and we'll do ours: squirm impatiently.

Besides, its likely a little late in development to be adding COMPLETELY new things

Well as far as the battlesystem goes I am ok, as long as I can use some techniques with my HUnewm I will be happy. Though something which worries me is that I have yet to see any Double Sabers, this is my favorite type of weapon in the modern Phantasy Star games and I would be very upset if I did not see them ingame.

Another thing I can think of is mags, I would love to see mags like Rati or Radam return. Though it will not be the end of the world if that does not happen.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Add the ability to change the way your character moves.

/picks goofy swagger.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

world connected servers

mags that can transform in combat to partner machines
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_o View Post
    Besides, its likely a little late in development to be adding COMPLETELY new things
    They could add entire new areas, or even planets, easier than you think. The core of the game is what's probably finished. Little tweaks here and there shouldn't break the programming.

So are you going to suggest some features for my letter?
    Triton. At your service.

The ability to change your character's looks/body anytime.

Rangers should move slower while shooting.
    I'll get a new sig pic soon =w=
    Rika
    Ship 10
    ID: Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Xellitoss View Post
    They could add entire new areas, or even planets, easier than you think. The core of the game is what's probably finished. Little tweaks here and there shouldn't break the programming.

So are you going to suggest some features for my letter?
    Well, I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that we are not professional programmers, so whether or not it will break the game is still up in the air (considering that there are bound to be people who want drastic changes: I saw ranger movement speed while aiming somewhere in this thread)

Simply what I want you to consider is instead of getting everyone's hopes up about what they want to change and what they think should change, how about we let the game come out first before putting ANOTHER list of 40 alterations that the community wants in front of the devs. Think about it: they had a HUGE number of things to fix/alter after alpha 1, alpha 2 will no doubt add onto that list, lord knows what the beta will bring.

Give the guys some slack/credit will ya? They no doubt have weapons/items/functions that they're simply not throwing at us in order to maintain anticipation.

1. Emphasize the free-form hybrid style gameplay that made anything other than Android Hunter/Ranger and Newman Force characters worth playing at all.

Techniques should be freely-usable regardless of equipped weapon. Rods and the like giving some specific benefit to technique usage is fine and dandy, as long as not having one equipped (for the purposes of playing a hybrid character) is still equally-viable, should you have the proper class/race combination. There's nothing wrong with letting a player who wants to play "pure" Force reap the benefits of a casting-oriented weapon, but it should still remain as a bonus instead of a requirement. Anyone who went from PSO to PSU as a hybrid player had the game practically ruined for them due to the excessive weapon-switching require for being able to use their capabilities. Being forced into specialization-only roles is not fun, and a lot of the reason PSO's class/sex/race combination scheme actually worked - without this, you might as well just have Hunter, Ranger and Force, with no other customization options.

2. Differentiate weapon and technique types.

One of the best aspects of PSO that was really lost on PSU/P, was the diversity in weapon and technique usage. Part of why PSO was so fun (which should be at least get some attention paid to it) was because nearly every weapon and technique you could use wasn't just a different flavor of damage - you actually had to think about how you used them, since they all worked in different ways from one another. Considering that this is an action game, the fact that weapons and techniques work differently from one another has to be taken seriously, because each one has different implications on how it affects the situation, how you have to approach combat, and how many enemies you can effectively handle at once.

The fact that Foie is used differently from Zonde and Barta is fun. The diversity between Gifoie, Gizonde and Gibarta is one of the best examples of this there is - as is the difference between all of the Hunter weapons. They all work so dramatically-different from each other, that they all actually have specific situations in which they're a better option than the others. This adds depth to and makes combat more interesting, and this added depth makes combat more strategic and fun for players. If one weapon type can do everything well, or if two weapon types are effectively-identical in how well they work in a given situation, then why put other weapons into the game? It takes away the fun of having to adjust how you deal with enemies based on what you carry with you, and takes a lot of the flavor and diversity from the game. Despite that PSU had many weapon types available, a lot of them were virtually-indistinguishable from each other in how well they workef ror a situation, which took a lot of the fun out of the game for players, even despite the faster pace and variety of attacks. Getting the best of both worlds here would be ideal.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."