Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    Don't feel so down man. you're on the front page and got something out of it! I voted yours as well. LOVED the drama of the piece. the tension, the mood, the relation to personal experience. you gave the enemy a powerful ID in that piece that says "I'm a Sinow, this is what I do to hunters who get in my way." etc.
    I voted yours for that soul reason. ( I don't really look at skill much in these contests. the artistic skill fluctuates all over the place. can't be biased on solely just that.)
    Ah thanks guy, I can stop being a dick now.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I wonder if they will tell us how many votes each piece got
    although im sure mine got one, my own, ><

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I knew Gal Gryphon would win, so much awesomeness in it and great style.

Congrats to everyone and sorry I didn't spend time in reading the stories D;

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Right, actually just noticed i won, sorry for that, the people who voted for me should deserve my participation. Im not actually a native english speaker, so i surely cant compete in a small "romance" such as the 2 other winners was able to (leaving out the fan art winners yet, since we didnt compete). Grats you 2, you surely was able to proof your writer skill. But why i won with rather limited english knowledge? I do think because i was able to strike peoples heart with my story. At the same time it kinda was filling a missing spot of something we not have had, so it kinda did engulf peoples heart. I didnt truly expect it and im a extremely busy person at times, escpecially this year, i just have had so much troubles and kinda totaly forgot to check out PSOworld which is truly something evil, so i can only ask for forgiveness.

Anyway, im soon going to play my Tera Online Beta. Ofc with a smile on my face since i noticed that a huge amount is sharing someting else which is important to me and i simply had in mind that it does perfectly fit the 10 year anniversary... and its spirit.

Well, the items shouldnt run away, but it may smell a bit like sweat.

More detailed view about the other winners:
    The S Red Blade Story: Here its a bit more focused into dialogue and its going into details at times. Mainly focused at one person, and then interacting with many of them. A rather difficult shape but its vocabulary is surely outstanding and i could learn a lot from it.
    Proof of Madam: All in all it comes at a shape like a story teller is telling it to another person. Pretty much the shape of a tale, lot of fantasy and good writing, however it isnt as lively such as the first story. Nonetheless, a skillfull piece of work.

All in all, the three storys surely fits each others perfectly in theyr unique style. Interesting to see that there is almost no difference between gallery vote and judges votes.

On the picture art im kinda heading more toward the judges votes:
    Falz vs. Photons It is difficult to make a bag of so many different colors looking good, and it simply does. Just wish it is a little bigger sized.
    Purple Love It does exceed at its saying, wearing that huge purple ring, in front of a waterfall... the art style is well done. However, picture is oversized and gets jagged when scaled up, smaller size may offer more quality
    Gal Gryphon Highest amount of details from those three and outstanding work, however, the expression isnt fully matching. A bit to exaggerating.

Well not gonna continue, enough i say. XD
    Last edited by Xenobia; Mar 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Thank you, Xenobia, and congratulations to you, as well!

I will admit, I was forced to wrap up my story in a last-minute rush, which is why it ended as abruptly as it did. I did do my best to adhere to the assignment -- explaining a memorable moment from playing PSO -- while adding enough canon story elements and ones of my own in attempt to tie everything together. I know I could've done a better job... but I'm notorious for procrastination, and ended up not having as much time as I would've liked to explain the discovery of the parasol more thoroughly, and with more excitement, as you suggested.

But yes, the hunt for those three weapons did truly happen, over the course of me playing the PSO games. And yes, I did complain about their colors clashing with my FOmarl dress once they were found. Another amusing note is that my close friends from high school to this day, recall my daily ramblings and complaints about PSO and trying to find those items. Many people had personal "quests" to find specific items--beside the parasols, I also sought that darned Safety Heart for what seemed like an eternity before finally getting my hands on the thing. I had the intention of including it in the story, as well, but again, time constraints prevented me from being able to include it, especially given that I was attempting to tie in the items to my own character's lore.

I am happy to have been a winner, and honored to have been able to place along with fellow writers of admirable skill, but still, I am my own worst critic, as many tend to be... and I know that I could've presented a better, more thorough piece. Your compliments are incredibly kind, though, and I appreciate them so much. I didn't receive much feedback at all, so I was quite bummed about my entry for a while, and still am a bit disappointed in having rushed the ending.

Still, though, kudos to our community for being as creative as it is--artists, writers, and everyone in between. We're a pretty awesome group of gamers, wouldn't you agree?

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

I indeed do agree and i do enjoy to read your feedback too, it got kind of a kind hearted smell.

Besides i now got my stuff from PSOWorld. The thing i enjoyed most is the shirt (that one i got thanks to the users who kinda enjoyed my short story), and the Rappy kinda looks same such as my new avatar in some way, so i kinda got the full package. I guess its from PSO Zero (i didnt play it) but it even been implemented in PSO2 as a probably rare spawn. Kinda funny that the shirt is made in Pakistan and then i got it from the US. Well, we are simply globally connected and the Net goes far beyond any bounds which actually doesnt have to exist anymore.

Anyway, been nice to participate, thanks everyone for your support and keep it up raising a great community.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM.