Question Character class + mechgun usage proficiency

Edit: This post was originally a message to address the statement that RAcaseals were the Best at Mechguns. A mod decided to turn it into a topic.

So to anyone who reads this, please keep that in mind. Personally I don't think that the contents of my post is worthy of an actual topic, but eh.

Edit: Oops used Blackhawk ATA for the RAcast

For someone who professes they base the "best" whatever off on stats (despite that being an absolute lie) The statement of RAcaseals being the best Mech Gun users is absolutely wrong.

Here are the stat totals.

HUcast + Blackhawks

ATP 490 + 191 = 681
    ATA 280 + 160 = 440

Total = 1121

Side Note: HUcaseals have 14 less ATP but 14 more ATA, so the total will be the same for them. And since you can't have enough ATA for Mech Guns with just Base Stats and Weapon Stats, every point of extra ATA HUcaseals have will be useful.

Of course that's w/o Shifta.

RAcast + Crimson Vis

ATP 396 + 212 = 608
    ATA 342 + 171 = 513

Total = 1121

RAcaseal + Crimson Vis

ATP 369 + 212 = 571
    ATA 357 + 171 = 528

Total = 1099

And just to give an idea with %'s and Shifta *mats ommited since all of them have 80 Power Mats. So the difference between the sums won't change.

50% + Shifta 15

HUcast + Blackhawks

ATP 490 *1.3 + 191 *1.5 = 923.5
    ATA 280 + 160 = 440

Total = 1363.5

RAcast + Crimson Vis

ATP 396*1.3 + 212*1.5 = 832.8
    ATA 342 + 171 = 513

Total = 1345.8

RAcaseal + Crimson Vis

ATP 369 *1.3 + 212 *1.5 = 797.7
    ATA 357 + 171 = 528

Total = 1325.7

It'd be really nice to not get the numbers wrong. Since, there's no arguing those. HUcasts are the best Mech Gun users given Synthesizable weapons. RAcasts are the best Mech Gun users given rare drops which Element can't be Synthesized. Seeing as the Riverman Missouri can come with Celeb 3. Although it'll be extremely rare to find a Riverman Missouri that has Celeb 3 and high percentages and Cool Style.
    Last edited by PlinderD; Jan 4, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Sweet a real discussion thread!

Now I have not checked the numbers for these (since I am lazy xD), but how about earlier gameplay? I mean if you miss then it does not really matter if the ATP is high. Would you say that RAcaseal in the beginning might be a "better" option then if tems of effectiveness? ^_^

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

The Ranger CASTs are both good at mechguns respectively. RAcasts have more atp, and RAcaseals have more ATA, making them both equally good. But any RA can be equal to any other in anything if they are built right.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

Black Hawks can be farmed in Hard so there's no problem there.

So given Level 60 Stats, which I'd say is a good minimum for Super Hard seeing as that's the online minimum and Level 60 is easily attainable even with just all Normal Story and all Hard Missions.

HUcast ATA = 248
    Black Hawk ATA = 160

Total ATA = 408 + MAG ATA = 507 (I'll assume this is a Flozir MAG)

Now since we're talking about Mech Guns, which have shitty PA's there's no reason at ALL to use PP Recovery. Element Boost is a given. 1 Status Protection at best per stage (despite all the /Protects being a Super Hard Drop). So that leaves 2 slots for Hero/Hit or Master/Hit. But since Master/Hits are dropped by boosted enemies in Hard, I'll use Hero/Hits, which can be bought.

507 + 9 + 9 = 525

534 if no Status Protection is required.

Decent enough ATA for Super Hard.
    Last edited by PlinderD; Jan 4, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Fair enough. Lets say a RAcaseal aim for the same ATA, how much difference in ATP would there be between a lvl 60 HUcast and a lvl 60 RAcaseal?

321 + 160 = 481 + 50 MAG ATA = 531

237 ATP + 191 ATP + 50 MAG ATP (I'll even not bother with Flozir on this one) + 60 (3 Master/Powers, despite this being a drop of a Boosted Rare Large Hostile)

538 ATP

HUcasts on the other hand

324 ATP + 191 ATP = 515 ATP.

RAcaseals only have 23 more ATP. At level 60 Not to mention the fact that RAcaseals will need to farm for Crimson Vis all over again (assuming they farmed for Blackhawks) HUcasts are fine with just farming Blackhawks for Celeb 3.

Also online with even Shifta 10. HUcasts at level 60 only have 2 less ATP. Shifta 11+ has HUcasts surpassing RAcaseals.

So not only do HUcasts have an easier time (they can farm their best Mech Guns in Hard. RAcaseals need to farm twice to match the HUcast's efficiency with Mechs), they're only slightly behind a RAcaseal at Level 60, then plow right ahead with more levels.

Well rangers certain feel more broken (in a bad way) now xD Thanks for the number crunching, I most of the time mess up when doing math.