Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I started a new FO character and I am up to level 30. I have never played as a FO but I am loving it. One question though... how do you keep from being broke? I am constantly broke cuz I am buying fluids like crazy.

Collect valuable items (or every item) and make frequent trips to sell them all. If you are playing in hard-very hard (and later ultimate), this is much more profitable.

Well that is what I have been doing. SO MANY trips back to the city all the time. I have noticed that leveling up is a lot faster. I have gotten my character up to 30 in 3 days.

Yeah, it's a pain, but eventually you will make tons of cash in more difficult modes.

And I believe it's much easier to level in this version than in the dreamcast one. I seem to recall it being around 100,000 points to level my guy past 100, while in this version it was around 80,000.

I've never had money problems, myself. Early on in the game I not only collected crap items to sell, but instead of using fluids all the time I'd just take advantage of the trip back to Pioneer 2 to sell all that crap and use the medical room. At ten Meseta a pop, those guys are getting ripped off (not that we mind). Though they steal all our pocket change nowadays whenever they have to rescue us. Talk about hypocrites. Whatever happened to good will towards others?

And as for leveling, it actually takes more total experience to reach level 100 than it did on the DC/PC (though the level itself requires less, and to reach level 200 isn't anywhere as high as it was before). The difference is that this version is just a whole lot easier to play especially as a force. They kick some serious ass. Not that all classes can't, but those multi-hit spells can make an extreme mockery of just about any group of critters.

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

My Hunny and Ramarl currently fuel my Fonewearl's fluid addiction.

She's been through a 12 step program at the local Fluidaholic Anonymous and had been prescribed a Psychowand to help combat the craving.

i love my fo, i am a fomar named moses btw, they are the most essiential to a team, and they ALWAYS hit all the enemies so they level quickest. my gifioe does 700dmg offline forest ult and 500 online. i seen fonewmans do 500 from rafioe, and that is insane!

My FOmar melees more than he uses spells, though he has been known to bust out a gifoie/gizonde/rabarta from time to time o_O. Most of my TP goes to S/D/J/Z so I really haven't had money shortages, though a melee FO isn't for everyone.

On 2003-03-19 10:19, _Zero_ wrote:
    I started a new FO character and I am up to level 30. I have never played as a FO but I am loving it. One question though... how do you keep from being broke? I am constantly broke cuz I am buying fluids like crazy.
    Don't buy fluids, pick up everythng and sell everything and take 10 dollars to go refill your TP at the nurse. In very-hard money starts to rack up like crazy if you just pick up and sell everything in your path, focus mostly on items such as shields and armors and wepaons. not slotted items they stink. but the other stuff is about 2000-4000 meseta per.

Svm Inimicus Mali

Another thing that a beginning FO should do is play through all the quests. The later ones can be worth something like 5000-9000 Meseta apiece at the end... well worth the effort of completing them. Not to mention that you get the experience and items along the way as well.