Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Defeating Vol Opt. 2 w/ Force

I have a Level 84 Force w/ a mag that has 111 in Mind. I tried once against Vol Opt.2, and ran out of fluids.

What spells and accessories would you use? What strategies?

How would you customize the buttons for GC?

I did read the Boss guide here on PSO World, but they left out the part for Forces I think.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Not much a of strategy persay with Forces. As they can scream through Vol Opt. 1 or 2 pretty easily given their high powered techs that do damage across the small room. what also helps is the boss, unlike other bosses, is pretty much stationary. you could literally just stand there on the first phase and spam a spell and Vol opt will blow up with you barely having a scratch.
    I think that version's ultimate weakness is Zonde Tech. in that case, especially your case since you're at a decently low level, I would spam the hell out of either Gizonde or Razonde on the first phase. you might get zapped a few times, but you'll make Vol opt less of a pain. He'll go down quicker than individually hitting all the pillars and screens that pop up. at higher levels you'll make the first phase end in a matter of minutes, if even that.

in the second phase, well... its a different story. it's just a matter of running around, destroying his healing shield or rocket shield and landing hits until he falls, trying not to get crushed by his pillars, etc. pretty much the only strategy for any class in this point of the battle.

and customize buttons? like the set I would use? as long as I at least have a heavy attack and the spell I want to do heavy damage with I would be just fine.
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Jan 20, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

I woulld suggest filling up on both tri and Di fluids also on both tri and Di mates. Also have ten sol antomizers. And make sure to have a handgun so you dont have to use ur magic on the monitors. And only use resta when he does damage. When his second forms comes along i suggest using barta. Keep ur hp up high so you wont die if he traps you with his laser attk. And if you are still unsure. maybe find a few scapedolls. One more thing. Keep ur mates for when u need them most.

Like Nega said. Vol Opt didn't seem to stand a chance at all except in normal mode if you're unfunded IMO. I usually just run around spamming Zonde when possible in the second part and usually after 5 or so minutes he falls.

As for what controls I recommend? I usually do...
    B: Melee
    A: Mates
    X: Fluids
    R+B: Foie (or Gifoie if it's at a high level)
    R+A: Zonde
    R+X: Rafoie

I'm still in hard mode at the moment, however so that's my current setup. In Ult it will probably change slightly, it depends on how lucky I get with techs.
    Last edited by zoulen; Jan 20, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    There is nothing, it is empty...

I should have mentioned this is Ultimate mode where the resistences are different.

I'm wondering if I should just use my Holy Ray with power mag (well...130 of POW anyways) for the monitors and then equip a Mind mag (only 112, but whatever) and equip a Mace Of Adaman and use barta. Good strategy?

I suggest keeping the mind mag though out the whole fight charging its photon blast for his second form. And for my force the buttons are.

B: resta
    A: foie
    X: barta

R-B: rafioe
    R-A: Rabarta
    R-X: zonde

or

B:resta
    A: normal attack
    X: barta

R-B:fluids
    R-A: foie (for the first form when the pillar things pop up)
    R-X: zonde or deband

Another strat - start fight, drop 3 stacks of fluids, lose intentionally, then purchase more so you have some you can pick up in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan_F View Post
    Another strat - start fight, drop 3 stacks of fluids, lose intentionally, then purchase more so you have some you can pick up in the fight.
    This, a lot of people overlook it. Also TP deaths (like in c-mode) where you use a Scape Doll deliberately to get TP back.

Aside from that, manage Fluids well. If you're on 50% TP, don't waste a Trifluid. Try to save Trifluids for when you literally run out of TP.

If you're on BB you can also use the Glide Divine's 'Use' ability where it reduces your HP to 1 in order to restore your TP. You can only use this about every 10 minutes though if I remember.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

In the video showing how to defeat vol opt i understand that you use a high atp weapon and spam gizonde on screens to defeat 1st form of the boss but my question in the video is what the heck is that fomar using before the boss???????? Are those charge guld milla's???? Also when he bypassed the baranz's what did he use to blow up the switch to kill the dubchich? He used something to go through the wall to get to the switch.
    I am a kubara product.