Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gaurd Dog Of the East NicorTheDuke's Avatar

Default Retiring Phantasy Star Portable 2?(U.S)

Hey guys Im really really in bind here.To Start I'm one of the few legit pplayers on the Western servers.I want to play psp2 and at the same time i dont because of the rapmpancy of the hackers.i've become somewhat heart broken to see the state of one my favorite games.Seeing theres no word of Infinity making landfall here in the states i've clung to Psp2 hoping one day the hackers would cease and the community start to recover.but thats my thoughts on this.may continue tp play until the summer.All the great players i knew like Blace,Kirt,Emp,Erza,Isoya,and others have discarded the game and i think its for me to follow suit.

should i stay or leave?

Would gladly accept opinions because i cant decide myself

You know someone had the same character name as yours.... He cheated... Oh yeah, it's up to you to decide. Also inb4 someone says," get infinity! " yeah such a maverick!
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

I think you should stay. The game is still around and the forums is a good way to meeting others. A game is suppose to be fun regardless of the situation. I'm sad the condition the game is in but PSP2 has alot to offer. Even without PSP2: Infinity PSP2 has some life. I would use the forums if you want to meet up with others.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by レッドファンタシースター View Post
    Also inb4 someone says," get infinity! " yeah such a maverick!
    Get infinity

Nah srs though, I played PSP2 for a long time, even after infinity came out... though I had the advantage of getting a friend into it so I had another character to play with. (At the same time, he hacked his character and I was 100% legit so it was kind of retarded).

best option : do what you have fun doing, if you're sick of it, and it isn't fun, then don't play. Try to find someone else on PSOW here who might still play vanilla and try to play with them? No idea.... or just follow the advice below the quote.

Really, I don't regret importing it one bit. and you don't even have to do that like some people here, ifyouknowwhatImean
    Last edited by Nidramag; Jan 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Nope I'm still playing the original. It's probably because of the time zones we live in making it hard to play together, when I do play it's usually past midnight, least amount of hackers I've ever seen compared to the day.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Of course you can decide for yourself. When you have internet fat guys decide if you should play a game (Gamespot, Gamerankings.com DO NOT COUNT AND I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THIS!) then it isn't a game anymore. The great things about video games are that there are so many to choose from. You do not need to be boggle down by one game.
    Video games are for your leisure. You can choose whatever outcome that comes from that little avatar that represents you. That being said, go on your pace. It is not the results but the path that you choose.

I still play it... but you gotta be extra-careful about the people you play with XD
    PSP2 main character

Sesilou. Lv. 62 Vanguard. (Getting back on track )

Yea just stay away from them hackers and dont let them make u retire, just keep playing and just be careful.

dude i still play lots you just gotta meet new people that play around the same time if you wanna keep playing
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

I know how it feels to have to restart but its not completely bad. I had some decent gear but my weapon collection sucked. The smart thing to do is use the forums to meet others who want to play the game and are also legit. Its also smart to buy a periphal that allows you to back up your data. If you own one you don't have to worry about restarting alot. I use one after my main Noblewine got to level 158 and was forced to restart. It wasn't fun and I was pretty pissed off about it. The gameplay is the same as PSU but slightly faster and enjoyable with some of the additional stuff. Its the reason why I bought a copy of PSP1 and psp2 later. I thought it would be exactly alike Universe and it is but the game is fun if you can find people to play.

If you want I don't mind helping you relevel. I've been trying to find a group of people to run online with.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Jan 21, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.