Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I think having both an IRC room, since it's generally accepted as a good idea, and maybe a ts3 server or some other voice chat method would be good. that way people can use text or voice as they please.

I also think having something easy like IRC as a central service for gathering the groups, THEN moving to a voice chat platform once the group is established and wants to use voice chat also seems like a good idea. That way people have one location they can all go for finding a group, and even if that doesn't give voice chat, they can work that out separately.

I would, however, give one voice chat platform our "official support" if you will, that way people can also know if they want to voice chat, this will at least be the preferred platform for it, meaning it would be easier to work out voice chats for parties.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Here are some good pics of teamspeak3 for those of you unsure: http://teamspeak.com/media_repositor...lient_main.jpg and http://www.teamspeak.com/media_repos...s/feature1.jpg

I've never tried mumble but as long as it isn't crappy like vent I'm fine with it...
    Accepted into Alpha 2
    Class: FOnewearl
    Level: 12
    Check here to see when Alpha 2 will up for you!
    Countdown to Alpha 2 Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valini View Post
    Then why not use ts3?
    You can type and speak.
    It'd make everyone happy.
    I agree with this. A TeamSpeak3 server administrator can set up multiple lobbies on one TeamSpeak, and each lobby has access to a chat window. This allows people to type or talk at their leisure. Not everyone is comfortable with talking to others over a mic, but some of us are. For those of us that do use voice chat, communicating with others becomes much easier. While playing a game, having access to voice chat is like having a second set of hands. Your voice takes over most typing necessity, allowing you to focus on the game.

That said, however, I have no qualms with IRC. If that were set up instead, I would still use it. With IRC, I wouldn't have to focus on more than one TeamSpeak server, and I would be able to fully immerse myself into PSO2's atmosphere. From what little I've heard, I love the music.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

Quote Originally Posted by Kichi View Post
    I also think having something easy like IRC as a central service for gathering the groups, THEN moving to a voice chat platform once the group is established and wants to use voice chat also seems like a good idea. That way people have one location they can all go for finding a group, and even if that doesn't give voice chat, they can work that out separately.
    I'd prefer something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Valini View Post
    I've never tried mumble but as long as it isn't crappy like vent I'm fine with it...
    Here are a few pictures of mumble for you to check out.
    http://hrdownload.com/proimg/mumble.jpeg
    https://www.mumbleserverhost.com/images/about/img-1.gif

We can have an IRC set up for general use and mumble for voicing. I'm not sure about TS3 but if you run mumble before you boot up the game it shows a transparent list of active players in a corner, you can adjust the size. Also, when someone talks, it darkens their square, so no more "who said that?" Check it out. I'll be around if you want to give it a go.
    Last edited by Mazarushi08; Jan 24, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

I just got my invitation to the alpha2 test!

I usually use Skype since it's easy and popular but TS3 is also good.
    Don't we need a server for TS3, though?

Quote Originally Posted by uhawww View Post
    I can.
    We could create sort of a repository for our feedback and bug reports in the forum, and I can get that into a form that can be submitted.

Awesome thanks. I'll keep that in mind. It would definitely be great to be able to truly contribute to the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by uhawww View Post
    I can.
    We could create sort of a repository for our feedback and bug reports in the forum, and I can get that into a form that can be submitted.
    I definitely recommend doing that, I'm sure we all have expectations and ideas of our own, its great to be able to put them out.

I've been testing around with mumble, admittedly mostly through research and sound quality testing without a server. It seems far superior to both TS3 and Vent in voice quality and features, plus it's still completely free.

In other words, I am heavily recommending Mumble. If not mumble, I'd say Skype. TS3 and Vent should be last resorts.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Mumble is free and open source software. It is feature-packed, versatile and customizable. Arguably the best tool for this purpose.