Question Lack of PSO1&2 Bosses?

Hey all,

I just registered with the forums, as I actually never knew a huge fan base for PSO existed, until I found this web site! So I had to join!

My basic question is, I just picked this game up for the GC, and was woundering if the old school bosses from PSO Ep 1&2 are available as cards.

I am talking about creatures like; Dragon, Del Rol Le, ect ect.

Are these cards actually in the game? Or did they remove these cards due to not being able to fit them on a square (realistically fit them I guess).

Also, after reading the FAQ and such, are all cards obtainable offline mode Free Battle with a friend? Or do we both need to play the Story mode to aquire cards?

Thanks,

Mordliss

There are only 2 boss cards, and those are the final bosses. The Ep1/2 bosses are not in PSO3.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Indeed, no ep1&2 bosses in ep3 unfortunetely. They were never made as ep3 happens about 20 years after ep1&2.

Anyway as for cards I do believe you can get most in free play. Story mode is basically a single player version so you can pick up the same kind of cards. However, I do know that some cards could only be obtained online through card auctions and downloading them during various events. Also be aware that offline you find cards a lot slower than online. By the time I hit lv50 online I had about 95% of the cards in the game, I'm currently almost lv100 offline and I've still only encountered a couple of S/SS rank cards.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

ya ep3 kept most the enemiy and weapon cards, they didnt put a few in the game, delsaber being 1 of them. but it replaced the bosses with its own. most likely due to plot reasons. there are 4 boss cards in ep3 that are still very cool and a nice challenge especailly the first time u fight them!

spoiler?
    Bosses:
    Leukon Knight
    Castor
    Pollux
    The Germ

there was a few online exclusive quest for cipher and that icey guy that froze on a 3 or higher i forget his name. but iirc those didnt count towards the overall %. and there was them ac cards called unit blows you bought from a npc online. he also had other cards you could buy from him, not so sure if these cards were obtainable in any other way
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Feb 1, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

If you play story mode, you will know why PSO EP1&2 bosses cards don't exist in Ep3.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, although story wise, I suppose it could have happened. It wouldn't have fit much of a use into the story though.

Spoiler:

Imagine if they re-created Gal Gryphon data, and someone summoned one onto the field? Even better, boss VS. boss battles!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!