Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assuming you were replying to my post... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    I think most might not know this but Charge Resta is pretty much for the Caster and not for team most of the time of how you say (slowdown or drop everything and come here), even then you can manage to still do a CR to your team mates time to time. But really you need to do normal Resta more often since the Melee have better auto heal so the Caster don't slow the party or be in harms way to help some one else.
    I think that Charged Resta has bigger range than normal Resta partly becase it meant to support others than yourself...

You just have to MB in Resta and MB out fast you can do that faster then CR or just standing there and you can do it multiple of times. Yes it's not an instant heal but makes things more interesting.
    I fully agree there, I never wanted resta to be a instant full recovery. In fact, I find its fun as it is in terms of charging.

it's better to heal smaller amount with the help of the hunter auto-heal
    Hunter Auto-Heal? didn't know such thing exsisted (sorry i didnt get high lvl in Hunter class ><) XO; do all Hunters have that?

then trying to do everything yourself (ppl hated that in PSU, especially AT ).
    People did? I had a lot of fun healing and supporting party without letting them spend even one monomate! XD
    In fact, it's weird for me you say that especially AT hated their own job which is the most support class in PSU... (it was the only class with support techs lv50)

And "No" to making it bigger it will break the fluid-ness of the Tech-class, it's not stand back at the sidelines and stand there and be pretty and heal me job it's fast pace game where standing around = death since Lv.20 was noobie range and at higher Lv's the techer couldn't stand around any where for to long. That's why we have a small resta range to in-courage us to move to heal to heal others and be more in the game.
    That makes sense~~~ It is different than previous resta and more engaging and fun~

Resta at higher Lv's will just get stronger to keep up with the scaling of HP, at the rate I see it will top out at a skill of 30 unless HP gets huge later on.
    Is that an assumption? XO;

Haven't seen this anywhere yet: What does charged Anti do?

I kinda dig the concept of charged Resta functioning the way people describe. I usually main healer/support, and having people come to me for a change sounds kind of awesome. As someone mentioned, it'd make it an actual group effort, rather than people just expecting miracles. With that said, I'll reserve full judgement until I get hands-on time myself.

Another thing people should keep in mind; even in PSO/U, level 5 Resta has pretty crappy range. It's always scaled up with level.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Haven't seen this anywhere yet: What does charged Anti do?

I kinda dig the concept of charged Resta functioning the way people describe. I usually main healer/support, and having people come to me for a change sounds kind of awesome. As someone mentioned, it'd make it an actual group effort, rather than people just expecting miracles. With that said, I'll reserve full judgement until I get hands-on time myself.

Another thing people should keep in mind; even in PSO/U, level 5 Resta has pretty crappy range. It's always scaled up with level.
    Charged Anti just had more range as far as I know~

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

yeah, Razelis the last part was more of assumption base on Lv per Lv upgrading and Testing with my HP. You could call it an educated guess but could change any time now to then.

It's true that not all techer's hated to support people. But more of the idea people wanted them to, and if they didn't or not good enough got booted or where unkind to them.

I think most Sega can do for Force is decrease the pp amount of normal spell to 5~10 pp a piece and add in a Skill in the skill tree to increase the speed of your charge time for cost of pp perhaps.

It's true that charge Resta is larger and can work better, But I think it depends on the foe's you fight or the best moment to use it since charging makes you more open then you like. That you can't Mirage Escape (sorry for thinking it was Blast) with a charge since you`ll just be wasting PP then.

yeah Charge Anti doesn't seem much at the moment, I think the best thing they could do is add the revival ability to it with the Charge Anti so it would have better use.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Feb 7, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

It's interesting - in most online RPGs, being the "healer" in a group is the most boring thing possible. MMORPGs, for instance, basically have you playing whack-a-mole with health bars by mashing buttons on your keyboard. That's not fun, that's annoying and boring.

In PSO, being a healer basically meant that you were a Force and you were close enough to an ally to pop Resta if they got hurt bad, and that's it, you're done. It's funny that what's probably the most straight-forward and hands-off method of healing people made it the most fun and least in-the-way to actually do. However, it also required an expendible resource to actually do (TP, and by extension fluids).

I think it's interesting that Resta in PSO2 is both less-effective and requires - like all healing - a sacrifice in mobility on part of the person being healed. It will be even more interesting to see how much larger the effective range of Resta is at high levels, but as it is currently, it seems that it'll require more in the way of tactics and teamwork for a Force to really pull off healing people well. Say, someone with a wide-AOE weapon keeping enemies distracted so a Force can patch someone up, or an attentive Force having to run in during a prolonged PA animation to drop off a heal on a Hunter.

I think that since PP is such an easily-replenishable resource, it makes much more sense to make it require much more consideration to actually use.

It's worth noting that "support" and "healer" are two different roles, though there's generally some overlap between them - I don't really think that things like Shifta and Deband should have the same restrictions imposted on them as Resta however, just due to the nature of a semi-long-duration buff. If anything, it's one of the only things that could really translate directly from PSO to PSO2 with no actual issues.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Razelis View Post
    Hunter Auto-Heal? didn't know such thing exsisted (sorry i didnt get high lvl in Hunter class ><) XO; do all Hunters have that?
    It's in the Hunter skill-tree. You have to choose if you want to get that skill or not. It basically just automatically uses a monomate/dimate/trimate whenever your health is below a certain percentage. I didn't try it out though since I didn't need to heal that often and I like having control of the items I use O_o

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    It basically just automatically uses a monomate/dimate/trimate whenever your health is below a certain percentage.
    To elaborate, the skills only give you a chance of automatically using a mate, and there are two skills: one with the threshold at 50% HP and the other at 25% HP. I don't know what the chance maxes out at.
    PSZ Friend Codes
    US: 4855 6582 7740
    JP: 4428 5420 9674

Check out my trade thread!

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

the big question would be does Auto-heal for hunter have that annoying animation or is it like other PS titles with no animation. I would think the ladder since it would suck to be attacking and then out of the blue healing which would stop your flow.

the big question would be does Auto-heal for hunter have that annoying animation or is it like other PS titles with no animation. I would think the ladder since it would suck to be attacking and then out of the blue healing which would stop your flow.
    I hope it has some kind of wind up and is not 'instant'. I'm really glad they're getting rid of 'panic buttons' this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    I hope it has some kind of wind up and is not 'instant'. I'm really glad they're getting rid of 'panic buttons' this time around.
    While in most cases I'd agree with you, the HU's auto-heal ability simply can't have an animation. If it did, it'd be worse than useless, since it'd interrupt whatever you're doing when it triggers, opening you up to attack.