Default At what point is the Holy Ray useful?

First off, it doesn't seem like it's ever better than a Red Handgun, which I already have. My main Force is a FOnewm, and even with a good POW mag, I don't see where a handgun beats a Tech with him.

The MST requirements are too high for my Hunters and Rangers at this point. Is the Holy Ray just a novelty, or actually useful for Hunters and Rangers at higher levels?

The Holy Ray existed before the Red Handgun was added (in PSO v2). By this point in time near 12 years later it could just be novelty. Also, back in the PSO v1 days Newman's didn't regenerate TP, so using a handgun to tag monsters could be a lot more useful than spending tour TP to do it.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

It is useful for hunters and forces as a super long range weapon since it is a rifle class. You may be able to hit enemies out of aggro range with it, meaning they can spawn and not even notice you (I am unsure if techs ever get that far of a range).

For a RAmarl (only ranger able to use it due to MST req), it is probably useless as you have almost every other rifle available.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    The Holy Ray existed before the Red Handgun was added (in PSO v2). By this point in time near 12 years later it could just be novelty. Also, back in the PSO v1 days Newman's didn't regenerate TP, so using a handgun to tag monsters could be a lot more useful than spending tour TP to do it.
    I had a Holy Ray back in the Dreamcast days and I remember it being awesome for my FOnewm, but looking back i realize I wasn't taking full advantage of my techs (my MAG had less Mind), and that's probably why I did good damage with it.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

(I might be speaking mainly for Forces here)

Since we are on the subject of Holy Ray and usefulness... I'm a FOmar, so it's useful to me. and so is another gun...
    what I found interesting about the holy ray, when playing around with weapons one day, is that it has/might have a brother/sister rifle, statistically speaking, called "The Bringers Rifle." that can benefit Forces. maybe it was just the stats for this particular gun, but everything was identical except it flip-floped the boost for ATA with ATP. nothing else on the stat chart changed.

So Bringers Rifle, ( I have yet to focus and see if the range is the same) is also another useful choice to consider if the Holy Ray's specs are not your cup of tea and you want a bit more hit or power in your attacks. I have switched back and forth between the two. and the differences are subtle.
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Feb 7, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Its biggest use is for paralyzing tougher enemies from long-range, before they begin to attack you. The rifle range is what makes it better than say, an arrest handgun. But yeah, unless you're a force it'll take a while to use it.

Also, a Red Handgun to Holy Ray comparison should never be made. You don't use them for damage, and Holy Ray's usage is mostly for its special, whereas Red Handgun's is what, thunder? Useless. I almost wonder if Sega even tried using elemental specials themselves, just to see how crappy they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Holy Ray is only somewhat useful on Humar and Hunewearl, in my opinion. It's the only rifle range weapon they can use and, if you are playing Blue Burst, can paralyze annoying enemies reliably.

Not to divert my own thread, but I don't want to start another one.

At what times is the God Hand useful? Keep in mind I only play solo.

God hand is only useful when you want pure power.
    It's acurate and powerful but slow.
    There is a certain pattern i use with it.
    Normal attk, hard attk, dodge.
    IT's honestly the strongest weapon i have :\ then again i dont have many strong weapons.
    but honestly if you were to do the quest: soul of a black smith and get the blue material, i suggest getting the surpress gun or god hand. technical crouser (or how ever your spel it :P) is somethign not very hard to find and then again for a higher leverl force isnt that great. the surpress gun is low ata needed and is a well ranged weapon. but anyway other than the power and accuracy of god hand, its better to use a double sword or saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Jugel View Post
    At what times is the God Hand useful?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...22nqMUg#t=301s
    Pretty much only this.