Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Well, in my opinion all shortcuts should be very polite, accurate and beautiful, like in official release. They also need to be short, informative and without extra words. It means no crazy pictures and emotions.

I think of doing most of messages with characters of old Phantasy Star games attached to them (Like Rika and "Gread Job!"). The rest should be information about PSO-World and how to find other players.

I think there should be:
    10 messages containing new information (greeting, asking for help, messages about going to shop and going back to clear other rooms etc),
    7 messages used as reaction to specific actions and speech (level ups, death, victory at the boss, saying thanks for help, detecting something rare, asking if you're ok)
    2 messages containing information about PSO-World and invitations.

Now let's see what can we have.

First 10:
    1. Hello! Nice to meet you!
    2. Thank you!
    3. Sorry!
    4. I need to shop.
    5. You're a good player!
    6. Let's clear all other rooms!
    7. Please, don't go alone.
    8. Thank you for waiting!
    9. I'll be right back.
    10. See you next time!

Next 7 messages:
    1. Congratulations!
    2. Yes, let's do it!
    3. I'm OK, thanks.
    4. Wow! Rare thing!
    5. I did't get anything good.
    6. Good job!
    7. Hahaha!

Other 2:
    1. Let's exchange Friend Codes? // intriguing and waiting if your partner says "OK"
    2. Contact me and other players at http://pso-world.com Forums! //giving a hint where to find us

What do you think?

Personally I think that whether you found something rare is completely irrelevant to FreePlay, as there's usually a 33% chance you'll be able to show it off and an even lower chance that an inexperienced player will know what the heck an H44 Missouri or Lavis Kanon is. Usually, we find nothing good anyway :P

I really think that you should try the no cheating request, but it's completely up to you. When I'm online I always wish I have a way to ask gun glitchers to stop what they're doing before disconnecting. If they don't say OK, then you can disconnect

#4A - One moment please, I need to visit a shop.
    (Alternatively, you could use your current #4 then #9 right afterwards.)
    #5A - You're really good at this! Nice job!
    #6A - Maybe we should clear the other rooms first...
    (Assuming they're not too far away. If they say OK, then backtrack. Good idea to have this message in Japanese as well.)
    #10A - See you later!
    (Up to you how you plan to word it. Sometimes there isnt a next time.)

#2B - OK! Let's go!
    (Kind of the same thing, but it sounded like a response to a question before, which no default Freeplay message would ask)
    #4/5B - (Scrapped for something else. These could potentially be used as Wild Cards instead for something more useful later)

#2C - If you're interested, contact us @ pso-world.com
    (So that way it doesn't sound like we're "telling" them to find us, and they won't feel bad if they have no way of doing it)

Everything else sounds really good. (In place of 4/5B) If you don't have the Japanese translation for all of these, then use the previous Japanese message that you used before. Also consider my "please don't cheat" shortcut. The rest are really cool and all useable.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Okay :3 So, instead of information about drops I should put something about cheating? Nice.

So, what can they sound like?

4b: Please, don't use bugs.
    5b: I have to go. (If you decided to leave immideately when he resists or by another reason).

Is that OK?

Btw, phrases need to be really short because I'm doing them for both languages + image.

Thats cool, yeah that works. I understand that you have to keep them small. It's something I forgot to keep in mind.

Maybe, "Don't abuse bugs please" (If Abuse and Please both fit)
    And, yes. A message saying you need to leave works. Real life happens all the time.

~Art by Daggart~

Well, they have to be REALLY short (assuming that there's an image).
    For example, the greeting message will look like this:

P.S. 16px magrin is necessary. Or the image wil exceed the chat bubble.

Right... most of these don't need pictures. Just for the small phrases. Also, I'm trying to slip my mind into the point of view of someone who would not expect and would be surprised by seeing a picture in the Greeting. Worst case scenario, 100% anti-hackers would purposefully d/c.

Cute little pictures for Thank You, Sorry, Good Job, and Hahaha would be cool, but the rest are probably too long for a picture. I think 1A should stand as "Hello, Nice to meet you" then the Japanese Hello beneath it. Does this all fit?

~Art by Daggart~

I'm afraid that "Nice to meet you" doesn't on fit the screen together with an image. Short "Hello" looks classic and simple, and fast to read.

Hmm.. Well, about hackers... I think they'll want to stay and see more shortcuts rather than disconnecting immediately.

OK, cool. Looking forward to the results :P

Don't be surprised if I ask you to Freeplay instead of regular hosting from here on out... haha.

~Art by Daggart~

Sure :3 We'll hunt for new players together in Free Play :3

Something crossed my mind, hopefully you haven't gotten this far yet but...

Regarding C2, perhaps we should point them in the right direction. http://pso-world.com/forums instead of just the site name. And just making sure... we're only sending C1/C2 to English players or both English and JP?

~Art by Daggart~