Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why does RemoteJoyLite hate PSP2/PSP2i so much?

So for the last few days I've been trying to get back into PSP2 again, however, it's been at least a year since I've played and my vision's gotten considerably worse. I can no longer read the screen at all and so I've resorted to using RMJ to play my PSP games, however, PSP2 is the ONLY GAME which somehow WILL NOT WORK no matter what I do. I've tried US/JP versions of PSP2, even JP PSP2i, both ISO and legit store-bought versions, both the ISO and PSN versions of PSP2 freeze in the exact same places. I've tried the latest RMJ 0.19 for 6.20+ CFW, the older 0.19, 0.20a, nothing works. It always freezes RIGHT when I enter the game, and usually on the character selection screen while loading the characters as well. I've disabled all game plugins but RMJ and still no go, so I'm just wondering if this just isn't going to happen and I should give up now, or if I'm missing some important thing here? Right now I'm on 6.20 Pro-B10. I've also seen people make Youtube videos using RMJ and PSP2, so it must work somehow. Also, I've reinstalled the PSP Type B drivers twice and made sure to boot with driver signature checking disabled.

Talking with Coldbird about it some time back, RMJ 0.19 and later freezes the game. As to why it happens, no one knows for now all you can do is wait for an updated RMJ that can run the game or downgrade the firmware for an older version of RMJ.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Talking with Coldbird about it some time back, RMJ 0.19 and later freezes the game. As to why it happens, no one knows for now all you can do is wait for an updated RMJ that can run the game or downgrade the firmware for an older version of RMJ.
    Can't downgrade below 6.20, I have a PSP Go. I also don't see RMJ getting an update anytime soon.

It is a problem since the Vita is being launched soon as well. I gave up on trying to get RMJ to work with the two games a long time ago.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Hmm, could you go into detail about what times the game crashes? I've got a 5g PSP Go, and it's working like a charm with the PSN version of PSPo2.

Try pressing Select, Recovery Menu ->, Advanced, and switching Old Plugin Support to "off". It worked with an ISO of PSPo1.

That's the thing, it works fine with the first game, but whenever I try to run the game after loading my character is when it crashes.

Coldbird mentioned somewhere in his tranlsation thread that he uses an older version of RMJ because he didn't like how 0.19 kept freezing.

Yeah, that's exactly where it crashes for me too, either on the character screen or RIGHT when the game is done loading and it shows my character in-game.

I hav RJL working on 6.35 PRO. I can't remember which version i used but I do know that it works fine offline. If you play online or in multimode, you can't use the video as this freezes the game so turn the video off to use a controller in these modes.

I also noticed that it works better if you do not plug the USB in until you have started a quest.

My general method is:

Start PSP2i
    Connect online
    Start a quest
    Start RJL on PC with display turned off
    Plug in USB
    Cancel Quest
    use Remote Joy without video until you turn PSP2i off

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

Finally got it to work with a very specific version of RMJ. I'm putting it up on my Dropbox for a bit, so that others can benefit as well, since it took me the last 3 hours to find. You can grab it here.

Remote joy works pretty much perfectly for me when I managed to get it set up, I'm using a version called "RemoteJoyLite_019_for_6xx" with the latest ME firmware.

I don't have any freezes and I can turn it on and off whenever without problems.
    Only one small problem is that sometimes when I put the PSP in sleep mode and turn it back on, I need to restart the RJL program before it works again.

But it's no big deal really.
    I love this program by the way, ever since I started using it, I've been playing PSP a lot more than before.
    Even though the resolution is low and it looks pixelated, it's still a lot more fun to play on a monitor compared to the PSP screen.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"