Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How DID all of you get into Phantasy Star or PSO/U?

Thanks youtube HAPPYCONSOLEGAMER, for bringing me into the Phantasy Star world.

By the way, is Johny Millennium a member of this site?
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

I started Phantasy Star by playing Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium. Then I played all the others. It was when I owned a Genesis back in the day when all the rave was Nintendo vs Sega and people chose Nintendo for Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy and Sega for Phantasy Star.

PSO was a strange story. A friend of mine had bought the game and told me to get into it when I had purchased a dreamcast. Originally I was against the idea because I had gotten my share of Online Experience in Shooter games.

Then I dealt with an Op.

I was asked to go to a bar because that friend was getting into trouble. I had arrived near 1AM and he was smashed out of his mind. It turned into a fight and knowing we could not win directly, four of us pulled his smashed ass. They were like "shug a drink down" and I was like "you nuts? I'm driving and get a load of this one" and one of them said "you know, you're the only one who can keep him under control" and I said "I'm not his father, don't throw this on me"

I stayed in town and drove home the next day. Had things to tend to, but then when I finally got home to my console, on my desk there was a copy of Phantasy Star Online with one of those yellow Sticky notes that said

"Trust me, Its Good. I'll see you there."

It was like the first week it was out and I remember staying up nights walking around with a HUnewearl named Nei because we had a RP group. The idea was to roleplay our characters, but more like a joke.

Then a few months passed and most of the group had left, trouble in the real world and it was during the time I was going to leave I found some interesting people which kept me there.

*laughs*, I remember the most innocent cheating ever.

I was ignorant about the strength of mags and I found an open room in Puck - 5. I went there, turns out that players had left the room as I was entering. First drop I picked up was a Level 999 hacked mag and I said "woah cool, nice to see a game that isn't afraid to go triple nines!" then I got a rude awakening when everyone was like "200 is the max!"

Yeah, dumb me! but hey!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Got PSO GC + BBA from my bro as a birthday gift.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

when i was playing the gamecube pso ep 1&2 then i played the dreamcast one and i was hooked on pso eversince.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

lol bumping a thread thats 5 years old.

Anyways I got into PSO because I heard PSOv1 had a Sonic Adventure 2 demo and being the Sonic fag I was back then, I bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by captainhappy View Post
    Thanks youtube HAPPYCONSOLEGAMER, for bringing me into the Phantasy Star world.

By the way, is Johny Millennium a member of this site?
    This is a very old thread, you know?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

long time ago i read a review of the classes of the game in an old egm magazine. years later my friend bought the game for the gamecube.( oh yah when i read the review it was on dreamcast at the time) he invited me, started the game and when the title screen came on, my eyes lighted brightly. i already knew i was going to instantly love this game.(and believe me i know a good game when i see one) we played for hours without stopping. i was seriously addicted to the game. it is by far the best game ive ever played and my favorite. i love that game more than i love fallout 3 for having a character with my name in there

Back in the Dreamcast days, I went to a store to buy a VMU and I wanted to buy a new game, I checked what was available and saw PSO ver. 2 there, so I just randomly bought it. It was the best impulse purchase I've ever done.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I played pso at a party with a few people I knew from High school and disliked it due to dying alot and being around uncooroportive party members. Later, I read an issue of Playstation Magazine and saw a reveiw on Phantasy Star Universe and wanted to try it. I loved Universe combat mechanics and kept playing.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Managed to get an NES, Master System, and a Genesis from my uncle when I was about 7 since he decided to give up on gaming. Included were a bunch of games for all 3 systems including all 4 Phantasy Stars. Fell in love with the series at a very early age as a result and now my collection has expanded rather well over the years. I've spent a lot of time on the series on pretty much every iteration now. Probably more than I should have.

Not pictured are PC v2, PSOBB, PSU & AotI PC both English and JP, and PSO 2 Alpha 2.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter