View Poll Results: How do you feel about PSO2 coming to Vita?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy to see PSO2 coming to Vita!

67 41.88%
  • PSO2 should stay PC-only!

30 18.75%
  • I don't care either way.

44 27.50%
  • I am currently undecided...

19 11.88%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default How do you feel about PSO2 coming to Vita?

Just curious about everyone's views on this recent announcement. Are you happy that PSO2 is coming to Vita, or would you rather it stay PC-exclusive?

Personally, I'd rather it stay PC-only. I recently built a gaming PC and I rarely play handheld consoles unless I'm traveling, plus I usually don't have internet access when I do.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I don't really care, more like I haven't been really caring about the Phantasy Star series as a whole. Seems more and more lackluster with each release, but that is how I see it.

I have a PC built for gaming and for the sake of the Vita it'll need a longer battery life before taking on PSO 2. I just don't see it doing well with its current battery limit.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

What concerns me more is how updates are going to be handled. I don't know that much about the Vita, but a quick look on Wikipedia says it'll be using proprietary memory cards up to 32 GB in size, at least for now. Once PSO2 is released and starts getting new content, new patches, bug fixes and rebalancing, etc., it's going to start taking up a LOT of space. I don't want to see compromised or downgraded content on the PC version because the poor little Vita can't handle it due to hardware limitations. It'd be like how the PS2 held back PSU and FFXI both...

Putting a game on multiple systems to reach out to a larger demographic is fine and dandy, but at the same time, it's going to be more taxing on development. I shouldn't have to remind people how bad PSU was handled in this regard, and I would HATE to see PSO2 suffer the same repeated mistakes.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

As long as it doesn't delay the release of PSO2 on the PC I'm all good.

Unless they somehow end up making the cart with updateable content managing, it'll put a toll on everyones wallet with Sony's proprietary memory cards. It currently costs $100 USD for a 32GB card, and if it needs a lot of updates, you'll probably need to dedicate a memory card or two for them. Unless it uses the same method for PS2 PSU with its locked content.

Let's not also forget how they reused PSO with a new episode for BB, which didn't add much to the story itself. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed very lacking and that is what I find in the newer PS entries.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The blog just updated and I believe it addresses our concerns regarding updates. (THat's what I gathered from the Google Chrome translation.)

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11190604962.html

I don't give two shits. More options is always good. If your concern is if the vita can hold it back take that issue up with the developers.

How do I feel about it?

Good.

Next topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post
    The blog just updated and I believe it addresses our concerns regarding updates. (THat's what I gathered from the Google Chrome translation.)

I don't have time to translate (hopefully someone else will), but yes. This blog completely addresses all the concerns people had about PSO2 being affected by the Vita in the same way PSU was affected by PS2. Nothing to worry about.

More options, more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post

Seeing how Google Translate spouted off gibberish as usual, I'll wait till someone can properly translate this before forming any opinions...

Good to see that they're addressing concerns so quickly though, at least.