Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default More on the Vita version of PSO2

The official blog was updated tonight with a bit more on the Vita version of PSO2. In particular, it addresses some of the worries people have been having about the game being on a portable system. The development team is well aware of the PC-PS2 problems and has also been thinking and performing tests about how best to go about making PSO2 on the Vita since the possiblity came up. They also decided that Vita was the best platform to alleviate all of the mistakes of the PC-PS2 mess. The development team has some statements regarding the bigger fears.

The possiblilty of a lack of updates on the Vita
    According to the blog, it will be possible for updates, balances and additions to the game. It doesn't go in to any more detail though.

It may be easier to cheat with a Vita
    In the past, Sega concentrated on a friendly, easy-to-play experience for the Phantasy Star series and that hampered their ability to deal with cheaters. I assume this means saving player-side. However, with PSO2 being an online-only title, all data will be protected server-side and share the same security as the PC version.

On 3G connections
    It will be possible to play PSO2 over both a wireless internet connection and 3G network. But since normal party play will prove to be difficult data-wise playing over a 3G connection, something different will happen when connecting via 3G. What is not made clear though.

PC & Vita sychronized play
    It is currently planned to allow both PC players and Vita players to play together. However, there is a test in the works to see how well this works. Depending on the results, PC and Vita players may be seperated.

Finally, this week will also see the results of the requests and opinions users sent in during the second alpha and how they will work in to the next test. More details on the next test will be announced this week too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Depending on the results, PC and Vita players may be separated.
    Great! Just like PSU! >:|

I just hope the PC release and PC updates aren't held back by the Vita version.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I hope their testing that'll decided whether the servers are seperated or not works out. Even though I won't be getting the Vita version.

Otherwise yeah, now everyone who didn't read, and didn't know anything about the way Vita even worked can chill.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I hope we don't have split servers but I wont mind it if not having it makes gameplay more smoother.

PSO2 D-Gold(Caseal) Reina (Duman) Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    I just hope the PC release and PC updates aren't held back by the Vita version.
    I don't recall Sony having the silly certification requirements Microsoft has.
    Coming Soon!

This report should clear ALL your heads now and stop your paranoia as well.

SEGA is making sure the same mistakes that ruined PSU are not being made here and are testing their work before moving forward with anymore plans that they promise to bring to the table.

If you don't believe SEGA still doesn't know what they're doing with PSO2 then I'm sorry, you'll be on here everyday making useless post doubting them until it's release.

Have some faith.
    Last edited by Cayenne; Mar 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM.

Those of you who are OK with split servers must not have played the PC version of PSU. Even on a Saturday night it was a ghost town because most people were playing on the Xbox 360. Phantasy Star just doesn't have a large enough community to support two or more separate versions of the game.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Well look at it this way, I think I'd prefer the convenience of jumping on with my friends if I had the Vita version.

But the Vita version still won't be out till like 2014 the english version who knows... So everyone that wants to play PSO2 is probably already playing it on PC by then.

And if the character data is still shared, then at least you're still not far from home. Which is funny I say that with the concept in mind. @_@

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

lv200 Forum Lurker Soul Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-X View Post
    Those of you who are OK with split servers must not have played the PC version of PSU. Even on a Saturday night it was a ghost town because most people were playing on the Xbox 360. Phantasy Star just doesn't have a large enough community to support two or more separate versions of the game.
    Wait, wait....so you're actually telling me you honestly believe that there would be more people playing this on the Vita than the PC? Seriously? Unless the Vita sells extremely well in the US, or there are THAT many people who have such old, shitty computers they can't meet the system requirements for PC, I find that thought extremely unlikely.

But go ahead and keep being a negative nancy if it makes you feel better.