Default Can an IMAC (Apple) run JP PSU?

As title states. my friend is wants to join but has an IMAC.

Odessa JP Elitist Force

^ I also wondered this but never took the time to find the answer. So, I'd like to know too. Lol.
    JP PSO2: Odessa - FONewearl, Fo/Br, Fo/Te, Fo/FI
    Team: Night Arks Manager

JP PSU: Odessa - ♀ Newman - LV180 - マスターフォース (MF) 20

You cant, i had a friend who tried his best but couldnt, you need windows for it to work or somethign that simulates windows for that.

But normal, with a Mac you normally cant run it. Only few games are compatible with that OS.

Quote Originally Posted by TenebriS View Post
    You cant, i had a friend who tried his best but couldnt, you need windows for it to work or somethign that simulates windows for that.

But normal, with a Mac you normally cant run it. Only few games are compatible with that OS.
    i wonder if that was me that tried my best but couldn't. ha!

becuase i bought a G-drive for $150
    mac OSX, bootcamp etc other mats for $100

but still never worked.
    and then just bought a PC/lap top to play JP PSU. instead of just worrying about it. figuring it out.
    this is where i got stuck and gave up. and jsut bought a PC a year ago for JP PSU
    Last edited by Ryno; Mar 17, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    i wonder if that was me that tried my best but couldn't. ha!

becuase i bought a G-drive for $150
    mac OSX, bootcamp etc other mats for $100

but still never worked.
    and then just bought a PC/lap top to play JP PSU. instead of just worrying about it. figuring it out.
    this is where i got stuck and gave up. and jsut bought a PC a year ago for JP PSU
    Why waste so much money on a game that isn't worth it in the long run?

Its your opinion that its not worth so much, let others decide for themself whats worth it.....

And if you mean cuz PSO2 is coming, Ryno did that like over a year ago (maybe longer, im not sure)

If that Mac has Bootcamp then it shouldnt be much of a problem since you can use a windows OS with it....Oh wait.... sorry didnt read the other posts like a idiot
    Last edited by fatelinka; Mar 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Found out
    We are not tools....We are hope!

You can run PSU on Mac OS X. I've had several friends who have done it. I've also set it up myself, but it does require players to run a Windows OS itself through MAC OS X as a virtual machine capable of giving FULL Hardware acceleration through the video card.

I remember this well because I had set it up for PSObb and PSU directly and gone against the gameguard as well. On the Linux front too, I've also been involved in programming gameguard overrides because some of us liked Lineage 2 and Risk Your Life as well as other Nprotect Games.

The nature of Nprotect requires the following:

1) Programming a "Virtual Kernal OS as a process that runs"
    2) Using the Virtual Kernel to "Trick" Gameguard itself into believing that is the true root of the OS, in short having it run through it.
    3) Manually having the software communicate with the Virtual Kernel and Gameguard-RootKit (Gameguard/Nprotect is a Kernel-Level RootKit) without destroying system security.
    4) Finally, making sure when a violation does occur to have GG crash, followed by the shutdown of the Virtual Kernel along with the game itself, to prevent being flagged as cheating.

There are plenty of groups who are programming these things...Some companies are being very nice and actually programming alternate clients for Linux Systems. Nvidia is doing a nice thing in writing Windows, Mac and Linux Drivers for all their video cards.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"