Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default This is the End of The Revival

Where to start? Well Let's start at the beginning! November 09, 2010 I hopped on over to gamestop to pick me up a copy of Phantasy Star Zero for the Nintendo DS. I sure wasn't expecting to much even though the reviews had been pretty stellar about the release. I had been rather unhappy with 3d game engines on the DS up until this point. I was so impressed with Phantasy Star Zero I wanted to play with everyone. I had been an off and on visitor at Pso world for a couple years in my PSO days from the dreamcast. Hey Mikey let's try Pso-world.com! SO off I go.

Upon Arrival back at Pso-world.com first thing I noticed was a board for Phantasy Star Zero and a Matchups section. I caught a few games from the matchups section in the beginning but really needed more....MORE PEEPS! then I was invited to a group with about 8 members where I met Joni and Alice for the first Time. I broke away from that Group and Created a Blog Called the Blue Rogues with a live Chatroom. I cant remember the exact time frame on creation of the Blue Rogues but it was Early 2011. I shot invites to Alice and Joni who jumped over to the Blue Rogues and we were off and runnin. I also invited AtBHR and what a pleasant surprise he turned out to be. He helped with event days by hosting games in the morning for peeps who could only play in the morning and also played with us at night. Alice also pitched in on event days doing the same thing when games got overcrowded and in the beginning they did get overcrowded. It was awesome those early days! half of your friendslist online!

I cant remember but Blue Rogues seemed to go on for about a year before we broke that up and became the Revival. The whole premise of the revival was to Revive a dying game. Which I think we succeeded in. The Revival had a different twist on things. You make 1 of 2 planned games a month and you stay in the group. Lots of peeps were banned haha! it was light hearted Banning though all one had to do was ask to be re-instated and walla back in the group. It kept us some healthy play for months and also added a bit of competition so you didnt get a ban. we had revivals for Goofy weapon usage only day and also a max combo day. it was alot of fun. Dont talk to me about going for Rage Tonfas! How many Times did we run ruins only to get not one pair of Rage Tonfas! what a great time!

Fast Foward and a little bit about myself. I had cancer a few years back and chemo has left me with one agonizing thing called Neuropathy. Constant Numbness in my hands and feet, ear ringing and at times just down-right pain coursing through my body. PITY PARTY OVER! I had to take a break from the Revival after over a year of hosting and AtBHR took over for me. I was absent for months and the Revival Carried on. I recently got back in touch with AtBHR to discover that he too had become burnt out to PSZ. We have been in discussions this week about me taking the group back over. I do not think im capable of doing so at this time. So a heavy hearted decision was made to disband the group. Me, AtBHR, Alice and Joni have been going at this a longtime. Me and AtBHR had not really spoken with Joni or Alice about Disbanding but were pretty sure they may feel the same way its time for us to move on and maybe someone else out there somewhere with some energy to do so Start up another Revival for PSZ.

I think its just plain and simple.......weve done all we can, we cant do no more! With no Regrets its time for the Revival to wind down. It's been a great ride with great friends on the best online game the DS had to offer. So on 4-2-12 sometime during the day the Revival Group page will be Disbanded. Is it the end of the revival Days? Well it shouldnt be! if you play PSZ and have some energy to lead people and make some rules and stick to those rules you can start up your own revival or whatever you want to call it and keep it going. There are so many great peeps playing the game. If you have any questions on starting up a group such as this contact me through PM I would be happy help you get going. I feel the end is near..................

**BOWS**

Level 93 Humar-Winders **Retired**
    Level 100 Ramar-Rick Hunter **Retired**
    Level 100 Fomar-Windancer **Retired**

I'm sad to hear it go, even though I never got the chance to join. But I guess this opens up a new door/chapter. Anyway, I hope you recover and feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
    I'm sad to hear it go, even though I never got the chance to join. But I guess this opens up a new door/chapter. Anyway, I hope you recover and feel better.
    Thanks Cyst who knows maybe some crazy time up the Road we can run together I did 3 runs at the revival today and with a slight tear in my eye logged out for the what I think is the last time

Level 93 Humar-Winders **Retired**
    Level 100 Ramar-Rick Hunter **Retired**
    Level 100 Fomar-Windancer **Retired**

It's sad to see the group go, like seeing an era come to an end. After playing PSZ on and off for over two years now, I'm ready to call it quits. In all honesty, I wanted to call it quits before you got sick back in November, Windy, but I decided to keep playing so I can keep the PSZ-R going while you have been out sick. I thought I did an okay job running the group in your absence (I haven't shared any of the stories of a few mistakes I made while running the group), however, I have found leading a group to be very stressful (I have a large amount of anxiety issues that I don't care to get into) and I went into this with no leadership experience whatsoever (unlike you who has a ton of it) and that combined with finally getting bored with PSZ (the last revival I was in back in February, I was flat out bored within the first few minutes of playing), has led to me feeling burnt out from leading the group. If you are still not up to running the group, Windancer, and I don't want to run the group anymore, then it's only fair to retire it. We both have thrown out wanting to transfer leadership to someone else before except it wouldn't be the same if someone else besides us was leader of the group. With all that said, goodbye PSZ. I'll miss all the good times I had playing you.

P.S. To answer any future potential PMs, no, you may not have my Yonohate In.

I was sort of expecting this. It is a bit sad that I was not very active towards the end though I have my reasons. This group is without a doubt the most successful group on PSO-World, I was with the group from the start. We accomplished some pretty wicked stuff, got some cool drops and met up with some wonderful people.

I wish everyone the best of luck ^_^

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Hopping on the Copy Paste bandwagon.

God damn, I should have expected this and Copied the information from above. Oh well.

Is there no chance of passing on leadership? I really don't want to see this game die, and restarting the group just wouldn't be the same seeing as we already have 11.5k posts here. Please do not throw this away. Hell, I'll even lead if you guys want. I can play PSZ for the rest of the year if I have to.

Consider the fact that there are still people who want to play this game. If the two of you decide to shut this down, then the other 30 or so of us will fall like a stack of dominoes. PLEASE RECONSIDER.

-Brandon.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Quote Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
    Where to start? Well Let's start at the beginning! November 09, 2010 I hopped on over to gamestop to pick me up a copy of Phantasy Star Zero for the Nintendo DS. I sure wasn't expecting to much even though the reviews had been pretty stellar about the release. I had been rather unhappy with 3d game engines on the DS up until this point. I was so impressed with Phantasy Star Zero I wanted to play with everyone. I had been an off and on visitor at Pso world for a couple years in my PSO days from the dreamcast. Hey Mikey let's try Pso-world.com! SO off I go.

Upon Arrival back at Pso-world.com first thing I noticed was a board for Phantasy Star Zero and a Matchups section. I caught a few games from the matchups section in the beginning but really needed more....MORE PEEPS! then I was invited to a group with about 8 members where I met Joni and Alice for the first Time. I broke away from that Group and Created a Blog Called the Blue Rogues with a live Chatroom. I cant remember the exact time frame on creation of the Blue Rogues but it was Early 2011. I shot invites to Alice and Joni who jumped over to the Blue Rogues and we were off and runnin. I also invited AtBHR and what a pleasant surprise he turned out to be. He helped with event days by hosting games in the morning for peeps who could only play in the morning and also played with us at night. Alice also pitched in on event days doing the same thing when games got overcrowded and in the beginning they did get overcrowded. It was awesome those early days! half of your friendslist online!

I cant remember but Blue Rogues seemed to go on for about a year before we broke that up and became the Revival. The whole premise of the revival was to Revive a dying game. Which I think we succeeded in. The Revival had a different twist on things. You make 1 of 2 planned games a month and you stay in the group. Lots of peeps were banned haha! it was light hearted Banning though all one had to do was ask to be re-instated and walla back in the group. It kept us some healthy play for months and also added a bit of competition so you didnt get a ban. we had revivals for Goofy weapon usage only day and also a max combo day. it was alot of fun. Dont talk to me about going for Rage Tonfas! How many Times did we run ruins only to get not one pair of Rage Tonfas! what a great time!

Fast Foward and a little bit about myself. I had cancer a few years back and chemo has left me with one agonizing thing called Neuropathy. Constant Numbness in my hands and feet, ear ringing and at times just down-right pain coursing through my body. PITY PARTY OVER! I had to take a break from the Revival after over a year of hosting and AtBHR took over for me. I was absent for months and the Revival Carried on. I recently got back in touch with AtBHR to discover that he too had become burnt out to PSZ. We have been in discussions this week about me taking the group back over. I do not think im capable of doing so at this time. So a heavy hearted decision was made to disband the group. Me, AtBHR, Alice and Joni have been going at this a longtime. Me and AtBHR had not really spoken with Joni or Alice about Disbanding but were pretty sure they may feel the same way its time for us to move on and maybe someone else out there somewhere with some energy to do so Start up another Revival for PSZ.

I think its just plain and simple.......weve done all we can, we cant do no more! With no Regrets its time for the Revival to wind down. It's been a great ride with great friends on the best online game the DS had to offer. So on 4-2-12 sometime during the day the Revival Group page will be Disbanded. Is it the end of the revival Days? Well it shouldnt be! if you play PSZ and have some energy to lead people and make some rules and stick to those rules you can start up your own revival or whatever you want to call it and keep it going. There are so many great peeps playing the game. If you have any questions on starting up a group such as this contact me through PM I would be happy help you get going. I feel the end is near..................

**BOWS**
    It's always a sad day when one has to put a game down due to being burned out on the game. But that is the nature of the community we all share as gamers.

Even though I've managed to get in a few runs with you and AtBHR before the Revival started (As a member of SGR) and had a great time; it saddens me that I finally got to a respectable level on my Hunewerl (lvl 86), but never really got a chance to show off this awesome character online.

But who knows; like the proverbial phoenix, I imagine that PSZ-R will be revived under new leadership some day.

it also sucks for me cause my DS died and i've been looking for a group to join again and not a single one seems right for me. i loved PSZ and i would have joined off the bat. but, things happen and thus not to be. Zero is great and who knows? maby we'll get another PS game on the 3DS.

Made by Gama.

I'm looking for a nice, not too expensive, way to get my DS onto my current network. Alas, I have enough devices (outside of gaming) that require a WPA connection to work properly. That and I can't get my WifiMax to work with WIndows 7 no matter what I do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
    It's a shame you came looking for an invite while I was burnt out and put running the group on hiatus. You seem to be someone that would've stuck around longer than a few days unlike the majority of the people I invited in the group during my reign as leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    I was sort of expecting this. It is a bit sad that I was not very active towards the end though I have my reasons. This group is without a doubt the most successful group on PSO-World, I was with the group from the start. We accomplished some pretty wicked stuff, got some cool drops and met up with some wonderful people.

I wish everyone the best of luck ^_^
    Oh, definitely the most successful. I have noticed this group having a lot more post compared to all of the other groups out there and it's only been around for a short time. I've noticed groups that been around longer for a year that don't have as many posts in it as the PSZ-R. I thank you for helping me when you can while I was leader of the PSZ-R and for being one of the players to have been around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    Hopping on the Copy Paste bandwagon.

God damn, I should have expected this and Copied the information from above. Oh well.

Is there no chance of passing on leadership? I really don't want to see this game die, and restarting the group just wouldn't be the same seeing as we already have 11.5k posts here. Please do not throw this away. Hell, I'll even lead if you guys want. I can play PSZ for the rest of the year if I have to.

Consider the fact that there are still people who want to play this game. If the two of you decide to shut this down, then the other 30 or so of us will fall like a stack of dominoes. PLEASE RECONSIDER.

-Brandon.
    I had a feeling you would take the news the hardest. Windancer and I pretty much came to the conclusion of retiring the group altogether and if anyone wants to lead a PSZ group, then they can make their own group. You and everyone else with a PSO-World account is certainly welcome to make your own PSZ group on PSO-World and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    It's always a sad day when one has to put a game down due to being burned out on the game. But that is the nature of the community we all share as gamers.

Even though I've managed to get in a few runs with you and AtBHR before the Revival started (As a member of SGR) and had a great time; it saddens me that I finally got to a respectable level on my Hunewerl (lvl 86), but never really got a chance to show off this awesome character online.

But who knows; like the proverbial phoenix, I imagine that PSZ-R will be revived under new leadership some day.
    I remember playing with you a few times, Leo, back when you had a slicer-slinging FOmar sometime last year around this time. I did have fun with you then. This is the sad thing I'm noticing with PSZ and other handheld games with online multiplayer: if you don't show up to the party (the first month or so when the game is out) then you'll find yourself with only a few to party with or none to party with at all. I'm noticing people still joining up on PSO-World everyday to play PSZ and don't realize the game has aged to the point of being difficult to find people to play with whenever they feel like picking up the game to play. With the PSZ-R, there have been massive black out periods of when there wasn't anyone playing outside of the revival days.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwolf View Post
    it also sucks for me cause my DS died and i've been looking for a group to join again and not a single one seems right for me. i loved PSZ and i would have joined off the bat. but, things happen and thus not to be. Zero is great and who knows? maby we'll get another PS game on the 3DS.
    It's too bad your DS died on you and can't play anymore PSZ (and I'm guessing your money situation isn't the most ideal if you can't just go out and buy a new one). You can also revisit PSZ when you get your 3DS (if you are planning on buying one sometime down the road) since you can play DS games on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I'm looking for a nice, not too expensive, way to get my DS onto my current network. Alas, I have enough devices (outside of gaming) that require a WPA connection to work properly. That and I can't get my WifiMax to work with WIndows 7 no matter what I do with it.
    Yeah, yeah, and you can't find your DS charger and you're addicted to PSOBB or whatever the latest Pokemon is out. Sorry, sorry. It's just that I've seen so many stories like this the whole time I'm playing PSZ and it wears on me enough to make an angry response about it like I just did. I get that needing a router on WEP or no security is a backwards move on Nintendo's part. I got around this problem by buying a second router that runs on WEP security just so I can play on Nintendo Wifi so I can keep everyone else running on WPA-2. I also know there have been a couple members of the PSZ-R who went out to eat at places that had open wifi so they can play PSZ and keep their membership in the group as well.

-----

Add-on to avoid excessive posting: The group has now been deleted.
    Last edited by Atbar; Apr 2, 2012 at 03:55 PM.