Page 140 of 201 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Konola View Post
    Say all you want, but my characters are blind as shit without their glasses. Remember Velma from Scooby-Doo? She does not have shit on the hijinks my charterers would go through due to lack of glasses.
    Calling shenanigans! Everyone in the future's undergone corrective lasik surgery! Glasses are nothing more than moe appeal!

Although I digress, I too have succumbed to the appeal...
    Spoiler!

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    Calling shenanigans! Everyone in the future's undergone corrective lasik surgery! Glasses are nothing more than moe appeal[/SPOILER-BOX]
    This can only come from one who has never been blind before. As a blind person, near sighted, I can tell you that some of use are stubborn enough to keep our glasses even if it would be more expensive in the long run! And as long as there is people like us, there will be people in the future with glasses!

This is MY NEXT CHARATAR!! xD

Spoiler!

And as long as there is people like us, there will be people in the future with glasses!
    Unless they stop making "prescription" glasses and make you get the surgery...(for a very minimal fee of course) *insert troll face*
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Astriel View Post
    This is MY NEXT CHARATAR!! xD

Spoiler!
    That's not a kick! :|

This can only come from one who has never been blind before. As a blind person, near sighted, I can tell you that some of use are stubborn enough to keep our glasses even if it would be more expensive in the long run! And as long as there is people like us, there will be people in the future with glasses!
    No such thing as Lasik in the future, but glasses will likely remain.

Eye correcting will happen with nanomachines and then later as the entire body is replaced with cybernetics and then cybernetics will lead to nanocells and/or digitization. Both of which can and will be incorporated into the other which will produce quite interesting results. So there will be no "correcting" as we consider it now.

On the other hand glasses will be around because it's easier to lens something externally to greater degrees than it is to carry it around like that, plus there is the aesthetic appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Unless they stop making "prescription" glasses and make you get the surgery...(for a very minimal fee of course) *insert troll face*
    I think we have more then enough history to know that messing with a very big group of people is on of the wort ideas ever and never ends well.

Indeed, I do not know the troubles of people with glasses, as I have excellent eyes, capable of locating an away team's jersey in a sea of home colors. And I would not trade it for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    No such thing as Lasik in the future, but glasses will likely remain.

Eye correcting will happen with nanomachines and then later as the entire body is replaced with cybernetics and then cybernetics will lead to nanocells and/or digitization. Both of which can and will be incorporated into the other which will produce quite interesting results. So there will be no "correcting" as we consider it now.

On the other hand glasses will be around because it's easier to lens something externally to greater degrees than it is to carry it around like that, plus there is the aesthetic appeal.
    No! Don't side with the heretic! His beliefs are based on demon magic!

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by Resanoca View Post
    That's not a kick! :|
    Yeah, it is a Mysteltainn kick xD

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    Indeed, I do not know the troubles of people with glasses, as I have excellent eyes, capable of locating an away team's jersey in a sea of home colors. And I would not trade it for anything.
    With glasses I can just as easily see said jersey as you, and when I take them off...
    Spoiler!