Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So I played Tera, what is suppose to be awesome about it?

Alright, I am in the close beta, combo system? I just hold my left click and bam combos, dodging needs a cool down, and combat system doesn't seem really beast like they seem. Am I playing it wrong? I mean DCUO you had different attacks my just holding at parts or moving the buttons but I dunno, someone help me here.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

That's how it feels to me as well, except that now I'm trying the Lancer class where you can only attack in front of you and block. I can't help but feel Dragon Nest did a better job with the combat each time I play it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Honestly when I saw the spear and dual sword I keep thinking how Monster Hunter did a better job with the combat. I mean when I saw the trailers it looked good. Dragon Nest has beast combat just a lame atmosphere if you know what I mean.

Above all it makes DCUO look hardcore, hell even PSO and PSO2. I don't think it's worth the $15 bucks, plus I heard end content sucks sooo...yeah screw it.
    Last edited by Ark22; Apr 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Never played it... D:

Not sure if male characters exist.

City of Heroes was awesome, feeling like batmans disciple running around like a ninjas pwning badguy and villian players.

But after the first few scenarios, exploring everything then none of my friends wanting to play, felt like there was nothing keeping me around.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I think TERA is awesome. But, that may be partially due to the fact that I've never played a open-world MMO before. It's fresh and new to me, so that's why I bought it and will play it for a good, long while.

Also, looking at TERA, and then at WoW or something, I can't help but laugh a little. The graphical difference is crazy.

EDIT: Also, I play with a controller. I think that probably makes it feel more action-oriented and entertaining. I hate using keyboard/mouse for anything that isn't Diablo-style.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I think TERA is awesome. But, that may be partially due to the fact that I've never played a open-world MMO before. It's fresh and new to me, so that's why I bought it and will play it for a good, long while.

Also, looking at TERA, and then at WoW or something, I can't help but laugh a little. The graphical difference is crazy.

EDIT: Also, I play with a controller. I think that probably makes it feel more action-oriented and entertaining. I hate using keyboard/mouse for anything that isn't Diablo-style.
    See I can understand that because it's all new to you, but as for me the combat was my biggest expectation, I played DCUO which had superb PVE/PVP during it's half year mark (It really sucks now) and I tried Tera and it felt like any other combat. You click repeatedly to do the same looking combo, no holding or anything for changes also the chaining (I heard) was basically use on spell and go to another spell. But hey if you love it go play it, I just see what was the big hype all about.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

That´s dissapointing. Kinda left an eye open for that lancer class looking beside all the attention on the beauties.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    That´s dissapointing. Kinda left an eye open for that lancer class looking beside all the attention on the beauties.
    Don't let my opinion shoot you down, gotta try it out for yourself. I don't want to be IGN and "push" you to avoid getting this game.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The game from the testing is okay, but just not liking not being able to move much during combat as well as that weird slowdown that goes away ten minutes into the game.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

"Weird slowdown?" I've experienced no such thing.