Page 1 of 52 12341151 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 - Character Sketch Thread - Updated! 15/04/12

Ami concept courtesey of Ami sketch'd by Sagasu

Updated as of 15/04/2012

------- Update Section -------
    sorted by contributing artist

Sagasu's Contributions Updated! Last Update: 15/04/2012 - 7 total - 4 NEW!
    Spoiler!

Rock Eastwood's Contributions Last Update: 08/04/2012 - 1 total

Spoiler!

Ami's Contributions Updated! 15/04/2012 - 4 total - 2 NEW!

Spoiler!

Sayara's Contributions Updated! 15/04/2012 - 2 total - 1 NEW!

Spoiler!

Qoxolg's Contributions Updated! 15/04/2012 - 1 total - 1 NEW!

Spoiler!

The PSO 2 Character Creator has been released to the public!

At long last we get to really start developing our character concepts for the next chapter in the Phantasy Star series. For artists of the forum it means we finally have solid reference material to base our drawings on, buahahah!

The only catch is how extremely difficult it is to draw the new character designs. :' ]

So I am here to propose a method for us all to get started on that much needed practice, to promote some awesome and fun character concepts, and spread the love around the forum a bit more.

The PSO2 - Character Sketch Thread!

-- Here are the rules for participating --

Anyone can participate. To request a sketch or to do the sketching itself, or both!
    PSO2 requests only, though, stay focused people.

--- If you want your character sketched by anyone ---

Simply post reference images of the ONE character you most desire to be drawn by the talents of PSOW. Please use either a spoiler-box tag or an offsite link to the image. To keep things tidy and make you really choose your concept wisely, I'm going to ask that you limit yourself to only one character request per month. So its april now, submit one, then in May submit your latest and greatest design or new and improved of the old - and see how it goes~

And that's it! Sit back, cross your fingers and pray... or pursue one of the next options!

--- If you want your character sketched by me ---

You will need to contribute to the thread by sketching someone elses character request! First give unto others, then thee shall receive in kind.

Draw someones character concept for them and submit it to this thread, then send me a PM with both your contribution and reference for your own request and I will add it to my list of concepts to draw. My new sketches and other updates will come roughly once a week, on weekends, and will be added in the same area as the rest of the contributing artists.

--- If you want to sketch someone elses character ---

Here is the real meat and potatoes of this thread.. sketching a character for someone else! Pick a concept from those requested in the comments below and draw a nifty sketch of that character! It doesn't have to be en epic 8 hr painting or some other strenuous ordeal, you don't have to be an expert either. Just pick something you like, maybe come up with a fun scenario of what the character could be doing other than just standing around-- then give it a nice hearty stab of effort, and that will be enough ~!

Before you start though, you must contact the owner of the character-- with the idea you have for the drawing-- and acquire their consent (ideally through private messages!)

This way you assure yourself that you wont land yourself in trouble by drawing something you really shouldn't.. plus the added bonus of talking to a real human about the ideas they've come up with and your own interpretation. There have been days where this is about all I do, heh.

Once finished - post the results here and I will update them to the top of the thread for everyone to get a good look at! : ]

--- If you want to sketch your own character ---

If you'd rather just draw your own character, or want to add your own character drawings in addition to your other submissions listed in the top of the thread, that's fine too! Just submit your images with a comment like "here is a sketch of my character, _________, add it to the list!"

While it's still cool to draw for others, I mostly just want to get the ball rolling here with everyone getting the hang of PSO2 related artwork, so these kinds of submissions are not frowned upon in the least. : ]

And thats all! I hope, if anything needs clarification let me know and I can make edits.
    Last edited by Sagasu; Apr 15, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

I hope stick figures count. Besides that I would love to see awesome sketches of peoples characters as well as my own.

Beast thread by the way.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

HOLY FUCK I LOVE YOUR COLORING STYLE. I wish to color like that someday.

Once I get out of my PSO2 funk I'll probably contribute.

I'd love my character to be sketched
    ..so all I have to do is put reference images right?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

If you want more I'd be happy to get them for you :>
    Thanks~
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Apr 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Ahah, thank you Ami. No rush, hope you recover soon!

Dreamer, thats perfect.

Ark & Olaf, you guys should include reference in your posts! That way potential drawers can peruse and plot our sketches accordingly.. >: ] Glad you like the idea thou!

I may pick a character or two to sketch from the firsts few requests here, just to get things going, we'll see how things pan out.

Likewise, sorry forgot to link =D

Spoiler!

Pick whichever you think looks best, also do whatever you want to it, I like surprises. Thanks in advance, I will try to give back to the community somehow =).

Sincerely ARK22!!!!

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Dude I wanna try your painting style D:

Though I've never tried painting before...

Here's a few of my OC's thrown into the game.
    Socially Awkward Rock Eastwood
    Spoiler!

His bitter uptight girlfriend that hates everything, Alice Rose.
    Spoiler!

Her seductive bounty hunter older sister Kime Rose.
    Spoiler!

There seems to be a lot of seductive big boobed women in the phantasy star world though. (But I had this one since PSU!)

Mostly doing this because I need SOMETHING to motivate me to draw... So I don't deteriorate into a talent-less loser after months of procrastinating. NOT SAYING PEOPLE THAT CAN'T DRAW ARE LOSERS. Just saying that I'd be a loser for wasting my talent till it's gone. Active art communities really get the pencil/tablet moving, so if this thread dies, you all suck! D<

Anyway yeah I'll draw someone, I think Ark asked me to draw em earlier. D:

edit # 23452345: Since everyone's offline I'll just sketch my own character.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Apr 8, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Dude I wanna try your painting style D:

Though I've never tried painting before...

Here's a few of my OC's thrown into the game.
    Socially Awkward Rock Eastwood
    Spoiler!

His bitter uptight girlfriend that hates everything, Alice Rose.
    Spoiler!

Her seductive bounty hunter older sister Kime Rose.
    Spoiler!

There seems to be a lot of seductive big boobed women in the phantasy star world though. (But I had this one since PSU!)

Mostly doing this because I need SOMETHING to motivate me to draw... So I don't deteriorate into a talent-less loser after months of procrastinating. NOT SAYING PEOPLE THAT CAN'T DRAW ARE LOSERS. Just saying that I'd be a loser for wasting my talent till it's gone. Active art communities really get the pencil/tablet moving, so if this thread dies, you all suck! D<

Anyway yeah I'll draw someone, I think Ark asked me to draw em earlier. D:

edit # 23452345: Since everyone's offline I'll just sketch my own character.
    =D Dood if you draw my guy with your style I would love you....Bromacing wise, but it's up to you.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Tried something new with the usual way I draw lines. D:
    only took a few hours though (I usually spend DAYS)

Feels like his head shape is weird. (Probably cause I didn't sketch it out, was just messin' around.)

Spoiler!
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Apr 8, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

bleh, don't have any screens to up load from my laptop.

I'll see about posting one or two of Enforcer in a bit, it'd be kinda cool to see an artist's stylized rendition of him.

EDIT: Of the few times I've seen your art, Rock, it's always been a treat. I like your style a lot.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty