Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How PSO-W people thought about PSO2 11 years ago x3

I'm sorry I'm not making a relevant thread of the ingame deeply but I want the people of the forum get some fun, I decided to epic necro an 11 years old thread I bumped in with the google.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660

I decided to put a necro post here to bump it:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...63#post2732963

Enjoy reading the people's worries 11 years ago about this game x3

Hah so fun to see again, nice find =)

I also like in reference to server side: "I highly doubt that they will do that since I bet that a good percent of the player base does not play online. So they would lose the sales from that aspect." Oh how internet technology has changed now lol

Gotta bed! We can discover things in the morning haha no seriously awesome find xD

Quote Originally Posted by TommyWichita View Post
    Ok folks I have a question...We are all making comments on how PSO2 should be done...but is anyone submitting this info to Sonic Team? We should inform them if noone is. I am sure that some of the great ideas that I read would be added. If need be I will submit them myself if someone gets a list together..
    Poor Tommy, his request was never fufilled.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Good stuff. Totally worth the necro.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I didn't even know PSO-world was around back then. I know most of us were on the Sega boards. My main gripe back then was about the hacking after being partially NOLed and losing your meseta and weapon when you died especially when you played with other people. More times than not they would pick up your meseta and weapon and disappear.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    I didn't even know PSO-world was around back then. I know most of us were on the Sega boards. My main gripe back then was about the hacking after being partially NOLed and losing your meseta and weapon when you died especially when you played with other people. More times than not they would pick up your meseta and weapon and disappear.
    As far as I know, PSOW launched in about 2001.

Kinda funny seeing how views have changed over the years though, nice find.

Edit: Funny that people wanted Section IDs removing; I always thought that was one of the most interesting parts of PSO, shame the idea didn't carry over into later games...

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    This may be a bit sadistic of me, but that I think added an extra level of reality to the early versions of PSO. Though it was awful to lose your character or weapons you worked so hard for, and ultimately led to spending most of my time playing offline. I think it made when I did play online more exciting. I had to play knowing it may be the last time I will be able to use that character again. It was kinda like being in a futuristic Vietnam or something lol.

Good find. It is interesting to see how different things have become in over 10 years.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

"Send these ideas to Sonic Team!"

Man, fans were so much more naive about how development worked back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Edit: Funny that people wanted Section IDs removing; I always thought that was one of the most interesting parts of PSO, shame the idea didn't carry over into later games...
    ID's a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's nice to have a different badge for your ID, as well as some unique drops.
    But, on the other hand, the pain of not being able to name your char the way you wanted is a turn off. We've all seen name with many extras spaces or other symbols thanked to this. Plus, you're forced to find an ID & char at the right lv to lead your party if you're to hunt that ID's drops.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Apr 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    "Send these ideas to Sonic Team!"

Man, fans were so much more naive about how development worked back then.
    People still think they can email Sakai's team directly and protest Vita to get heard. Some things never change.