Question When to use a Madoog/TCSM / Wand over Rod?

Please describe the situations where the using a Madoog/TCSM or Wand is better than using a Rod.
    I really need to know since i don't play my last alt that much.

PSO Hunters Guild Founder Orochinagi's Avatar

I'm not sure what Midori would say but I use them for large creatures, bosses, and megid. My reasoning for it is that I feel I get the most DPS out of them before the said creature, runs me over, body slams me, stomps on me, flies away, etc. Also the reason that I use it for megid is because 9 times out of 10, I'm using megid for its status effect anyway, in which case I could use one of my Orizlarods, but I don't. I like to be able to spam megid until I get the results I want. I mainly use for TCSMs LB Diga w/gidiga (mainly for ele bonus), same with LB Foie w/gifoie (however I now use my Gilcaras for these).Another good time to use TCSMs is when you're in a party that is pretty much able to destroy things in the matter of moments and you want exp. This way you can cast a bit faster, which allows you to keep up and level up any spells faster if necessary.
    *PSO Hunters Guild*

Orochi- M.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 PT/WT/AT/FI
    Anj- F.Newman-Lvl 180, Lvl20 MF/AF/GT/AT
    Ranvir- F.Cast-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GM/FI/FM/AF
    Sydney Bristow- F.Human-Lvl 180, Lvl 20 GT/FG/GM

I would say to use a TCSM when using front attack techs like foie/diga/barta/zonde/megid since you get more DPS out of them the faster you cast them, rather then the tech of the rods. For most other techs, dam+nos techs specially, use rods because casting them faster doesn't increase the damage output of them. (Since wands/TCSMs only get 4% elemental boost max, while rods get 12%)
    Wands are really the middle man. They usually have more tech then TCSMs but they do cast slightly slower then TCSMs. While they have less tech then rods, they cast faster then rods. It's up to you which you wish to use more.
    Last edited by XeoΩ; Apr 9, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XeoΩ View Post
    I would say to use a TCSM when using front attack techs like foie/diga/barta/zonde/megid since you get more DPS out of them the faster you cast them, rather then the tech of the rods. For most other techs, dam+nos techs specially, use rods because casting them faster doesn't increase the damage output of them. (Since wands/TCSMs only get 4% elemental boost max, while rods get 12%)
    Wands are really the middle man. They usually have more tech then TCSMs but they do cast slightly slower then TCSMs. While they have less tech then rods, they cast faster then rods. It's up to you which you wish to use more.

Just to clarify, i'm looking for situations where it is best to use a Madoog/TCSM or a Wand despite it having a lower DPS than a Rod.
    For example using a Okikudohg/Lukmin or a Prophecy of Motav instead of a Rutsularod.

Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Whenever you need speed. The Ice Bil de Bears have this tendency to punch over and over leaving very little room for casting without interruptions.

Also De Ragnus when he comes with his Svaltus minions constantly knocking you around solo.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here

tech mags and wands are faster in casting rate but for me i like using rods i just tried using tech mags and wands i hated it and switched back to my rods xD
    Akumamaru - Male Newman - Lv. 180- All classes 20 - 30071088

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

I say use wands/tech mags all the time except for when you can safely cast dam spells for a reasonably long time (simply because they're more powerful on rods).

With increased casting speed comes greater mobility and therefore greater avoidance of enemy attacks. That alone is all the main why I would suggest using the mag/wand over rod. If you're a newbie to techer classes, it would be better to start off mostly using wands/mags.

Plus, casting faster is just more fun in my opinion.

Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

I don't really use a wand or tech mag at all Rods are just so much better. I only use a wand to burn maybe once or twice a run.
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)