Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

What are the cash costs in proportion to?

For instance, $10 USD will net me about how much Arc Cash, and how much do things in-game usually cost?

Not sure if I should ask this here or in the general questions thread, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong place:

Can't say I'm particularly interested in using an in-game cash shop, does anyone know if SEGA intends to create some sort of premium subscription option?

Nevermind.
    Last edited by maxx69; Apr 23, 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucadra View Post
    I think my biggest gripe with the cash shop atm is that apprently on launch you'll have to purchase the My Room and Shop feature with AC and they expire monthly... to me customization is one of Phantasy Star's big selling points i'd hate to see it become cash shop exclusive and whats up with having to be premium just to trade?
    as long as the shop rental free per 30 days is cheaper than normal subscription for 30 days, then it should be fine. Actually they expect it to be 500 yen, which is only half price of normal sub.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post
    @FOODFOOD
    1. Correct, not a huge issue since one character can switch between all classes for free.
    Actually, that IS a huge issue for those of us that like to have multiple characters of different races and genders with set classes in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    Actually, that IS a huge issue for those of us that like to have multiple characters of different races and genders with set classes in mind.
    I'm one such person, but I still don't see a big issue because it's bound to be pretty cheap.

I think most of the stuff is decent enough...

i hate lottery stuff. just let me buy the thing and I'll be less ticked off and less likely to quit using the shop.

For most people, the biggest factor of how much they spend will be how much storage you want. I think the Premium stuff is beneficial enough to maintain a monthly or whatever sub so it really becomes do you want more space or don't you.

Everything else is more or less one time use. Because of this you can build it up over time and you can pretty much go "i'll get it when i can afford it or need it"

The thing i don't like is the idea that you have to pay to switch servers because there is no point to have it and because PSO/U's servers have always had a flux about them where sometimes you can get in and other times you can't and other times the place is completely empty. I'd prefer that we'd be able to spread out however we want as it would help with that as well as it wouldn't segregate the population as it will. If you are on ship 2 you are on ship 2 and the only way to get off ship to is to pay for it... of course if you do that then you lose your friends on ship 2 or they all have to pay to switch or you have to switch twice. I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game is F2P so you aren't paying for additional characters but rather for the convenience of having them on the same account.

they should let the myroom shop and basic premium storage be a single one time purchase thats permenant then any expantion to that like extra room or somthing added on or somthing be the 30day thing. same with charactor slots let the first 3 be permenant buy and any beyond that be the delete frame function. like let there be a basic room like litterly small dorm room size room for free so people that want to try it can still have basic myroom stuff tradeing be liek 1 to 5 stars for these people and shop is limited to 1 or 2 slots. when the premium gives 1 to 8 star tradeing abilty with out being charged arcs or meseta. and the one time premium room is the basic myroom at moment and shot pspace is increase dliek 2 or 3 slots. then use anythign extra beyond that be the rent paying.

Ohohoho, what do I think of the cash shop?

I'll tell you: It's horrific.

I am a great fan of pay to play, and that's for 2 reasons:
    1. Keeps all the spammers, gold sellers, and childish trolls to a minimum.
    2. Keeps everyone on a level playing field, for the most part.

This cash shop thing, from the looks of it, is terrible. You can make more money, level up faster, and have access to more content, for money. It keeps the people who are willing to pay (which will be me, mind you) ahead of everyone else. It's terrible.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM