Page 1 of 75 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Closed Beta Questions Thread

Didn't see one, so decided to make a relevant topic.

First off: can I shift a character data file from a CC on another computer to this computer somehow? Just the .fnp file doesn't work; the file shows up as ???? in the character creator.

-Wayu

Not really 100% sure but I'd say just make a copy of it send it to your other computer and move it to the appropriate folder, the one in your documents I believe, it should read it just fine there.

Tried that, it doesn't work.

-Wayu

This is probably a REALLY stupid question but I can't seem to be able to switch weapons, or add weapons to the palette. I seem to have gotten a launcher (at least I THINK its a launcher), and tried to equip it, but no cigar.

Thanks in advance!
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott

Additional question: I know character data is saved computer-side, but if I sign in and use a character file on one computer, if I sign in on another will the character still be there? Or do I have to use another character?

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Tried that, it doesn't work.

-Wayu
    this is just a guess but do you have the character creation installed on the computer you are wanting to play on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Additional question: I know character data is saved computer-side, but if I sign in and use a character file on one computer, if I sign in on another will the character still be there? Or do I have to use another character?

-Wayu
    I'm almost positive that using that file and signing in on a different computer will still have the character be there.

So, being 99% sure, you should be able to use that character on any computer.
    "It's like the classic debate about why measuring the position of an electron changes its momentum and vice versa. The only correct answer is to get drunk and set fire to things."
    -Ross Scott

So.. parites max out at 4? I thought I read you could make extende dparties.. but then again, dunno if that's in CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois Pliskin View Post
    this is just a guess but do you have the character creation installed on the computer you are wanting to play on ?
    Yes.

It's ???? in the CC as well.

-Wayu

I'm having trouble finding any strafing options, where should I be looking? I don't see any in the keyboard settings, although my japanese is poor so I could be missing it.