Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Super Smash Bros. Project M

Hey, everyone! I bring good news to the Super Smash Bros. fans here!

Apparently, there is a beta remake for SSBB to make it more exact to SSBM because SSBB totally sucked. However, the goal of the beta is made as an attempt to rebalance the game. Here are some of the note-worthy changes to the game:

-NO TRIPPING!!! \o/
    -Wave dashing
    -Heightened gravity
    -L-Canceling
    -Crouch canceling
    -Certain moveset changes for the available characters
    -Transforming characters have slots on the character roster as individual characters
    -No auto edge grabbing during certain moves
    -Just Guard reflects projectiles

If you want to check out the changes yourself, go to YouTube and check them out. Search "Project M".

Copyrights? The people working on the beta have official consent from the makers of SSB to be doing this mod. It has even made news in IGN.com. So, expect big things. Here are the requirements:

-OFFICIAL copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (None of that other copy stuff)
    -SD card with at MOST 2 gb for hackless version
    ---If over 2gb, you need to download riivolution.zip and homebrew.zip. Yes, you need to run it via homebrew installation. I don't know the specifics but I know that's the method you need to go to.

NOTE: You do NOT need to hack your wii. There's a safe option without hacking it.

NOTE: You have to copy&move/delete any replay and custom stage on the SD card in use. Otherwise, the program will overwrite the save files and/or not run properly.

Here's the official website of the beta mod: http://projectm.dantarion.com/index.php

Here are some characters and their changes: (Not the final stage of characters and not limited to only these characters)

Charizard:

Bowser:

Lucario:

FINAL NOTE: In case you neglected this, you need an official copy of SSBB and an SD card with at MOST 2gb. If over 2gb, you need to use the homebrew version. And I've yet to confirm if you can play with this game on wi-fi and if the game will crap out if you do so with other people without the mod.
    Last edited by ARChan; Apr 21, 2012 at 06:45 AM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

why would you want to go back? Brawl is so good (if you just don't play it like a total idiot meaning using rigged strategies)

I've seen this before, Im not so interested in the fact it redesigned some of the combat to be more like melee but what i AM interested in is the new levels they are making for the game.

Like this Castlevania stage

I loath tripping. That is all.
    Coming Soon!

Good God. The reason I strayed away from the Brawl competitive scene is because of Melee supremacist methods like this. LEAVE THE GAME ALONE.

ill try it out. they made it faster, plus heavier gravity(which i dont like) character moves changed alot.

I freakin love this news! I own Brawl and Melee, and while both are good, I'd pick melee over Brawl. I'm not very competitive with the game except for my best friend, and we both break a sweat with how equal our skills are to eachother on Melee. Brawl has failed every time to do this between us. What I'm getting at is that while Brawl had the music, graphics, and characters, Melee had the better game play. Project M is the joining of the two games' strong points. Please keep in mind that this is my opinion, and I said it how it is.
    HUcast Omega - Lv. 100

~Picture by Daggart~
    *Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 Group!*

Brawl would be fine if it had a option to turn off tripping, and maybe some numbers tweaks on characters... it doesn't need any more tha that.
    Coming Soon!

I'm not really competitive either but seeing changes for every character makes me interested. No one character is left unchanged. However, if anything, it is good that the mod eliminates tripping. This was my biggest issue.

Then, there are other changes that are really good, like the change to Ike's f-B. They made it so you can decide whether you can attack with it or not. It really bugged me that--back without the mod--I can gimp an Ike player by jumping off stage after them and taking f-B to the face. They fall straight down to their doom.

Don't get me wrong. There are some things I miss in Brawl, like Falco's recover ability, many of the fun stages that Brawl had, and canceling certain recovery moves to grab onto the edge.
    Last edited by ARChan; Apr 21, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

I had a few issues with brawl, but overall, I love the Smash Bros. series too much to care about them. And like everyone, tripping was on the list XD
    HUcast Omega - Lv. 100

~Picture by Daggart~
    *Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 Group!*