Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Great stuff everyone, keep it coming. Special thanks for correcting me on the descriptions, all I really have for a reference was PSU, so you can see me making that mistake. Might not get everything updated tonight as I must go to bed soon, but I do a bit.

Also, glad to hear that rods can hit multiple targets. Is there a limit on the number of enemies they will hit in one swing?

Zonde: summons a small bolt of lightning from the sky that strikes directly downward, hitting the enemy.

Razonde: shoots out a bolt of lightning from the user or card that, on hit, chains onto all nearby enemies. Hits once per target. Will not cause a chain lightning effect if it does not hit an initial target.

Gibarta: calls forth a small whirling blizzard at the user's or card's location that lingers for approximately three seconds. Hits up to three times.

As an aside, I've been using cards with Gibarta, Razonde and Rafoie. It covers all three elements in addition to giving me options for Single Target (Rafoie), Area of Effect (Gibarta for clusters, else Razonde), and Crowd Control (Gibarta).

As for builds: IMO, Forces at this cap benefit most from grabbing PP Revival, attainable at Level 19 if you skip Just Reversal, and 20 if you don't. The amount of PP you generate from it during normal attack patterns is extremely notable (around 7 per Rafoie cast; reducing net cost from 20 to 13). When the cap is raised to 40 or so, I'd be extremely interested in seeing what a PP Revival + Zonde PP Cost Reduction build would be like...

I'm noticing a few people mixing up Gizonde and Razonde. Fyi, Gizonde's the one that shoots a bolt of lightning that arcs to nearby enemies. Razonde channels an overhead spark that discharges bolts of lightning in a conical radius towards the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixStryk View Post
    Zonde: summons a small bolt of lightning from the sky that strikes directly downward, hitting the enemy.

Razonde: shoots out a bolt of lightning from the user or card that, on hit, chains onto all nearby enemies. Hits once per target. Will not cause a chain lightning effect if it does not hit an initial target.

Gibarta: calls forth a small whirling blizzard at the user's or card's location that lingers for approximately three seconds. Hits up to three times.

As an aside, I've been using cards with Gibarta, Razonde and Rafoie. It covers all three elements in addition to giving me options for Single Target (Rafoie), Area of Effect (Gibarta for clusters, else Razonde), and Crowd Control (Gibarta).

As for builds: IMO, Forces at this cap benefit most from grabbing PP Revival, attainable at Level 19 if you skip Just Reversal, and 20 if you don't. The amount of PP you generate from it during normal attack patterns is extremely notable (around 7 per Rafoie cast; reducing net cost from 20 to 13). When the cap is raised to 40 or so, I'd be extremely interested in seeing what a PP Revival + Zonde PP Cost Reduction build would be like...
    That's Gizonde not Razonde, and Rabarta not Gibarta. Also Rafoie is an area attack unless you meant Foie.

Just another fyi - if you're concerned about SP, don't be. I just found out what they mean by buying extra skill trees. You can buy two, three or maybe four skill trees, and each comes with their own skill points. ie: spend 10 AC for each extra skill tree, get an extra empty tree with all the SP you've gained thus far to specialize in a specific branch.

Still not sure how I feel about this though. Feels a little hax TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Cant you use the first person view? If not, send them some feedback, you're a beta tester, they actually listen to you.
    Yes, you can switch to the shooting mode with Z.

Actually, I think you can switch to that on any weapon. It works for Rods and Gunslashes too (To be fair, both of those make plenty of sense, since you have techs that fire out and gunslashes are, well, guns). Haven't tested on HU weapons, but...

It's worth noting that Razonde's area increases significantly the higher up it's used from (to a point - it can be fired so high it no longer touches the ground, but you have to basically throw a card straight up for that). This is difficult to make use of without cards, but with cards, it's as large as, or larger than, the coverage of Rafoie.

I honestly have to wonder about fire and ice right now - Barta techs can benefit from cards due to short ranges on higher ones. Razonde is a BEAST when used with cards. But the Foie series is lacking there a bit... though since rods are higher in damage numbers, and fire techs are clearly the big numbers ones (One of the skills for FOs dramatically boosts charged fire tech damage), I think it almost might be intentional...

Still wondering if a Safoie or Sabarta exists. Would be interesting to see a non-damage skill in the vein of Sazonde for them... though I suspect they just get Shifta/Deband instead or something.
    Last edited by Randomness; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    Just another fyi - if you're concerned about SP, don't be. I just found out what they mean by buying extra skill trees. You can buy two, three or maybe four skill trees, and each comes with their own skill points. ie: spend 10 AC for each extra skill tree, get an extra empty tree with all the SP you've gained thus far to specialize in a specific branch.

Still not sure how I feel about this though. Feels a little hax TBH.
    I don't think it's that bad. If you could switch mid-combat or something like that, then I'd be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    Just dropping a few pictures of Zonde being cast, and casting Razonde + Gifoie from a card:
    Spoiler!

Might be a good idea to trawl through the pictures thread for any others.
    You don't know how glad I am to have decent tech pics. I have looked through pretty much every picture in that thread (barring the more recent ones), and they failed to provide very many tech pics.

I've really tried to like Razonde, since I love the idea of a lightning shower-type attack.

But it just takes too much effort for my lazy self. Switching to manual aim (usually in regular perspective since I like slashing things as much as casting) and then throwing a card into the sky, high enough so that Razonde gets a nice effect area, and possibly behind me so that I can have the mob chase me to the card, is just way too much effort when I can get the job done in the same amount of time by just casting a Gizonde, or maybe two. Hell, even if two Gizondes take up more PP, you can probably break even PP cost wise since you're managing the battle in less time.

I'm sure in party scenarios where someone is actively herding monsters for me (and as I write this post, I really want to party with a HU with War Cry/aggro grabbing skill now to try this out), Razonde will be useful but... when all of our pings are high, it's just too tedious to do properly.

Are dark (pso) and earth(psu) techs returning?
    EDIT: now that i think about it, there should be many more classes of techs we haven't seen, such as wind, because I saw a weapon with a plus in wind damage i think