Default PSO/PSU Veteran got PSP2 coming tomorrow.....

Firstly I can't believe my account is still active. (had it since 2001)

So i've played PSO on the Sega DC and PSU on the 360 and thought i'd pick up PSP2 on the cheap for some nostagia.

The game will be arriving tomorrow and i'll go through the offline mode first but then i'll want to play multiplayer.

Are there still people playing this online or is it just 1 or 2 people?
    I also hear there's non legit players so any partner cards from you active guys on this forum would be really appreciated!
    Finally, is there anything in multiplayer mode that can't be solo'd, and needs other players to activate a switch etc?

Thanks guys, Scott.
    Last edited by Scottbot; Apr 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Triforce Of Courage

I picked up psp2 again not long ago and it's essentially a ghost town now online. You can still find people but they are usually all lvl 200. legit or not. A lot of people are sadly are hackers but you can still find legits. As for your other question, IIRC there are a few missions that require at least a 2nd person to push a switch to get S rank on that particular mission but most of it you can try to solo if need be.

Cool cheers dude. If your still playing the game over the next few weeks i'll look you up.

There is a fair amount of people that play online, myself included, but that really depends on the time of day, as it is what Drake has mentioned, a ghost town.

A few tips about the online community is that you should avoid colored names, anyone below level 100 with a type level of 30, and generally a large portion of the 200's that roam roam the place. A few others are a bit more discreet, but all the same should be avoided, like the Photon Arts spam that kills everything in the area and weapons that do thousands of damage in a single strike without a chain of 10 or higher.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Thanks for the tips. Are there any hacks that can harm your save file?

How do I look you up on the game without a partner card?

Triforce Of Courage

I have heard of a hack where if they give you their partner card it can corrupt your game data, I have heard of multiple cases of this but I have never had it happen to me so I can't say for sure but it's always best to regularly back up your save data anyway (I wound up losing my lvl 112 Force due to accidentally reformatting my memory stick) I don't believe you can look up a person without them being online and already having their card unfortunately?

The only way to look people up is to look for their character info, my info is in my profile others might have theirs in their signatures.

As to damage that can be caused during online normally happens when you join a room hosted by a hacker. Some of the more notable issues is gaining an obscene amount of EXP that levels you to 200 or turning your level to 0 preventing you from accepting missions. There are also people who change their looks to resemble some of the Nano Blasts or changing their looks to resemble a member of a different race, i.e. a beast that has cast parts.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

thanks Blace. Take it backing up is as simple as storing a game save off my memory stick on my laptop?

It's as simple that. Create a back up every few days or when something major has happened, before hopping online.

update...... got the game. now lvl 40 human ranger and on chapter 7 of the story. After that will be playing online if anybody is about and fancies a game. lol