Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wont comment on dead horse stuff because it will be deleted soon (according to old experience). Its thrown into a trash container.

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

best pso2 beta report = we get it already... ep3 sequel please!
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    - One of the worst quest systems with repetitive tasks (kill X monsters, bring me that, etc.). We didn't need that with PSO, we already have WOW, Tera, Guild Wars 2, etc.
    Only thing I can agree with here is possibly the Matter Board forcing repeat runs through early missions to find some drop (though at least the drop is a weapon/unit you get to keep as the reward) or randomly-spawned cutscene tablet. Otherwise, as already pointed out, all of Coffee's quests are things you'd be doing anyways and the other client orders are just additional, optional rewards you can get for doing what you'd be doing anyway.
    - Few weapons choices, you'll use a weapon for so long it gets boring. I thought they'd add more weapon types, but it seems not.
    I have a feeling I'm going to be repeating this a lot addressing your points, but: This. Is. A. Beta. All the weapon types that will be in the final game are not here. There are already 3-5 PAs for every weapon and there will likely be more in the final game. More of both will be released as the game goes on.
    - No challenge. The entire game feels like a cakewalk, except maybe some bosses. The A.I. isn't aggressive enough.
    This. Is. A. Beta. Not only that, but it's the first two areas of the game. And they were nerfed due to complaints of it being too tough in the alpha. Difficulty will most likely ramp up as you progress. You know, like pretty much every game ever. Not to mention, PSO was never terribly difficult until you got to Hard, and even then, once you were decent and had the mechanics down, even that wasn't too much of a challenge. Ultimate was deliberately brutal, but it wasn't introduced when the game was first released, and certainly not during a beta stage.

Also, have you done the city mission? It's not a cake-walk, from my experience, although it definitely does need to show up more often than twice a day for 20 minutes at a time.
    - Level design is average. I know maps are semi-random but they only take like 10min max to explore and clear. I miss PSO days when caves could take 30min+ to explore because there were a lot of different routes. Now it just feels empty and boring.
    Well, mixed opinions on this. Some people prefer the shorter missions, some people liked exploring the caves/ruins for 30-90 minutes at a time. I belong in the latter group, actually, but if I want to play some more I can just... start another mission. I'm going to submit feedback that there need to be some longer missions, though, myself. Plus, multiple routes and more "landmarks" would be nice.
    - At first I thought being F2P would be great but seeing how they implemented Ark Cash it is just bad. My Room? Pay. Another character slot? Pay. I think they should have made PSO2 a paid game, something like $49.99 and give us all the features.
    Except that never was going to happen. I, too, would have preferred to pay upfront for the game and then like $10/mo instead of the F2P model. However, without knowing final pricing on anything, it's impossible to know if it's going to work out to more or less or about the same. If it works out to the same or less in practice then... what's to complain about, really?
    - Boost monsters aren't fun. Why are there no rare mobs?! That's what made hunting fun in the PSO days.
    This. Is. A. Beta. Boost monsters are a supplement to rare monsters, not a replacement. There is zero reason to think that rare monsters are out just because we haven't seen any in a beta.

Also, if rare monsters are the only thing that made playing the game fun for you, then, I dunno what to tell you. It seems silly for that to be the only thing, but to each their own I guess.
    - Feels more like PSU than PSO.
    As one who loved PSO and never really got into PSU (quit after a few months), I can't really say I agree. It feels like neither, but definitely errs more toward PSO than PSU, IMO.
    On the topic of mags, I think it's stupid to have to complete a client order to have one.
    Can't argue with irrefutable logic like that.
    I also miss being able to just warp into a zone without completing dozens of quests.
    Dozens my ass. I'm aware you were probably using hyperbole, but there's what... 3 missions you have to complete, then you get Coffee's client order and have to do 2 more and you unlock caves. Not even half a dozen.
    Overall I think PSO 2 is boring[...]
    Well, I disagree. I don't think most will disagree that the Matter Board shit is out-of-place, but as far as I can tell that seems to be completely optional anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post

That client order to get your mag takes 10-20 minutes if you beeline for the boss. Out of hundreds of hours of gameplay, think it'll be ok.
    i played 20h and still no mag for me... out of dumbness im aware of.

..... disagree

its a beta....

bad quest? dunno... you even played aion lineage or wow?

the rest its up to you... but i disagree 100% in your points
    coffee cigarettes and good talk...

PSO2 Ship 2 = Camelia // ranger
    PSO2 Ship 2 = DrinkCL // hunter

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

All of the weapons have like 7 PAs on them and they all play so differently and unique that it's really hard to get tired of them after it's only been 3 and a half days. You know they're going to add MORE weapons... let alone MORE of everything else right?

Sounds like you're TRYING not to have fun.

I still find it amusing that some people can still look for petty reasons that make this game "not as good as PSO though." Some Phantasy Star "fans" ARE starting to get as bad as certain Sonic fans...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Sorry. The points seem pretty biased.

Sega fans. Thats the general expression for anything Sega.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

My only two legitimate concerns with the game are mentioned by the OP, that will hopefully be talked about by the developers soon enough.

-Lack of challenge is pretty big for me. I attempted a full episode 1 run from scratch with some co op friends on the gamecube of PSO recently, and it was actually quite difficult at times. Bosses were fully capable of one-shotting if you mistimed a move. Mistakes were only made more costly due to scarcity of resources(everyone shares item drops, therefore less meseta. My force was bled dry of money when we started up ruins). This for me, was FUN. Coordinating with your friends to overcome difficult challenges in games provides some experiences unraveled in all of videogames. Plus, the action gameplay looks great, and it would be mightily disappointing if I wasn't served up some good devil may cry difficulty to test my reflexes.
    -Lack of content. Obviously this is beta, so its hard to make judgement calls, but I hope we don't have another PSU situation. I hate when content is slowly added that can easily be completed within a few hours. I remember reading a post where a developer said that there will only be 3 planets at launch?
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Oh my god, it's like you people are playing a game still in fucking development or something. Just chill out, when the game's released there will be more content. God.