Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    After playing more than 15 hours of PSO2' closed beta test, I can definately say the good old Pha
    Thats about all i could get through. Tho im sure you mean well i have to dissagree with you here. Tho it is not 100% like the old pso i have to ask you this. Would it really b pso2 if it werent diffrent? Many people can agree with you and many more will dissagree with you. So far the games pretty good.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Wow, i like to get a hold on the beta just so i can see what the fuss is about.

As much as i like good atmosphereric feeling, i can live without as long as the other categories are good enough.
    But i defintively wouldn´t mind a creepy place equal to Ruins or better.

Anyway..
    Better combat system and more customization freedom.
    Less reskinned enemies with the same attack patterns would be a nice touch too.
    More balanced mission reward system (So less TTF/WB spamming would be nice).
    Also, less pathetic bosses please.

Those are my bigger concerns
    I agree that this game looks like an overall improvement. I do however think they did drop the ball in the atmosphere department from what I've seen so far. The couple of streams I've watched of forest do give of that similar 'serene' feel that the original had(the rain is a nice touch), but the over the top action, and generic anime aesthetic kind of take away from what is there.

Can't have everything I guess.
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

No, that would be asking for too much..(just kidding).
    But i don´t wanna say too much yet before i tried it.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

"Hang on...there's a ship Pioneer 1 that was sent from a dying planet to this one so they could continue their species existence but wait a minute there was another ship Pioneer 2 sent after that because contact with the first ship is lost??? Whaaaa... They've been sent to find out what happened to Pioneer 1 as well as scavenge the planet for resources.

This is an amazing setup for a story. Not only are you humanity's last hope you are Plan B for what would've been humanity's last hope. It's incredible. There is so much content that can be taken from this setup. It's not only a quest to find out what happened to Pioneer 1 but it's also a quest to find out what happened to the hero's of Pioneer 1."

This shows you didn't even read the story of the game you love so much.
    Pioneer Project itself was launched at Ragol as a military project to create DFactor-Lifeforms to make the ultimate super soldiers as well as attain immortality. In point of fact, your beloved MAGS are made of DFactor biological material, which is why photon blasts look like dark monsters.

This trend has been a key factor in ALL the Phantasy Star games. Especially the Online ones.
    PSO 1, 2 and 4. Need I remind you of Rupika, Flowen or even Osto?
    PSO 3. The Cards are ALL Dfactor and an attempt at proto subspace control. Also Castor and Pollox.
    PSU. Nagisa, Hyuga, Howser. Really, the series has trended this way and PSO 2 will have the same thread. PSU eternal Planets natually led into PSO2 and we will soon find out exactly who has sent the Ark(z)(s) (A PSO 3 term as it is) on their way. But I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they originated from PSU.

I do wish people who jag the story of PSU/PSO2 would realize that its a continuation of PSO and PSO didn't have much ACTUAL story to begin with.

I still feel funny calling PSO2 an "MMO" although technically, it IS an "MMO" and technically correct is the best kind of correct.
    PSO's game system still uses lobbies and dungeons that allow you to talk or play with other players, the same format of its predecessors and not all that open world stuff that today's general idea of the sandbox MMO has. I kind of like it, takes away from all the pointless crap and just features the stuff that matters.

In the end, I hear you with the lack of content and weapons but it's a beta.
    Sega improved the Alpha beautifully and I'm sure they will even all of that out in the actual game, heck the Test Report had a strong Echo of those exact complaints.
    I'm sure Sega knows the content we've seen so far is no Episode 4 and if they hear you, they'll give you a brutal level...

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I would agree that the Matter Board can be a little repetitive, But you can skip it to progress if you knew how to do it. Everything else is just what it was in "BETA" being fit in to test. Any thing else then the obvious, is just an excuse to not like the game for what it really is.

You doubting 6.6% haters.lol just JK.

The graphic's are close to the same to make the argument for it moot. Some added details in both balance each other, Where one didn't have the other has.

That type of atmosphere PSO had was based on it's story not the game play. And was soly all in Ep.1 and the very end of Ep.2 had that type of feeling base on the little bit's of story that you would get in the game. In fact some Metriod game's have that same feeling. But for a Phantasy Star Game the story can't stay still and shouldn't repeat the same thing, It's to complex for that and moves on from PSO's task of finding the truth while going through Hell to find it aspect of it. Everything else is the continuation of that journey and the result's of that period of time and /or also the one's before it.

From what I can see there are many who did not want the game to be enjoyable at all from the beginning before they even played it. And saw that it was not a remake of PSO and deem it Trash. They fail to understand that it's a "Child's Fantasy" of that time that they were/still are drawn toward's PSO, just like other's are to the classic's,PSU and the handheld's. It will be the same with PSO2.

We need to look at this not as one focal point of Phantasy Star but all of Phantasy Star. "Sega is moving on it's time for all of US to do so too".
    Last edited by Omega-z; May 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM.