Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO 2 Full screen problem

Hello i have a problem with the full screen resolution.
    I put the game in full screen and then i see black bars up down left and right.
    When i changed into the window mode i don't see those bars.
    If anyone knows how to fix this.

My graphics card is Sapphire HD 6850 Toxic

Have you tried enabling VirtualFullScreen?

Go into documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 and open user_beta.pso2 in notepad
    Windows = {
    FullScreen = false,
    Height3d = 480,
    Height = 1080,
    Width3d = 640,
    Width = 1920,

Add VirtualFullScreen = true, so it looks like

Windows = {
    FullScreen = false,
    Height3d = 480,
    Height = 1080,
    VirtualFullScreen = true,
    Width3d = 640,
    Width = 1920,

The other values will be tailored to your particular setup, so don't just copy this.

-edit-

If that doesn't fix your problem, try this:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by DiMiTri; Apr 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: I'm stupid

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Virtual Fullscreen like a fake Fullscreen? In other words, a maximised window that has no borders.

Virtual Fullscreen is currently the only stuff which seems to work proper for Radeon GPUs under any conditions. Most users however might either be using Geforce or they got a machine using such a crappy resolution that they do not notice such flaws. The affected users for this lack of compatibility are mainly HD-TV users such as me who are running on special settings (Catalyst adjusted) so that the screen is fully matching. The game seems to be unable to take over those settings, something which most games seems capable of. Sega probably is running theyr stuff on small PC screens, and didnt even consider Radeon powered HD-TV users** (using a JAPANESE HD-TV from Panasonic)... it seems.

The Launcher is pretty much a screwup.

**Besides: Running it on a Pana Plasma does probably offer the best quality PSO2 could be run with. Thats why i find the graphics that great, while other users kinda lack the enthusiasm for. Could be a matter of forbidden hardware. I didnt say that the art-count is great, but the tech-count is a whole new level.

The Virtual Fullscreen is not a fake in term of visual abilitys, it got same resolution and engine such as the real fullscreen and no boarders. The performance of virtual fullscreen in my tests seems to be close to the same performance of a real fullscreen, just about 5% difference, which is close to nothing.

The difference is mainly how the frame is handled. While a real fullscreen is a own application separated from the desktop, the virtual fullscreen is kinda running in a separated frame-box, thus the desktop and the game can be opened at the same time without the need to close down the screen, which would make it easyer to switch between. However, in reality the virtual fullscreen is kinda buggy and will need improvements, although its able to work. At least it can deliver a clean fullscreen mode for Radeon (and HDTV) users, thats all we need.

The real fullscreen is the real bug for Radeon users, it just can totaly screw up with scaling settings and then it just will create black boarders. Segas tuning regarding those GPUs is rather worse,.... because Nvidia is meant to be played and JP devs are loyal people. Just wonder what they gonna say when all 3 consoles of next generation are running on Radeon GPUs... then the devs cant anymore avoid the matter.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrell707 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Virtual Fullscreen like a fake Fullscreen? In other words, a maximised window that has no borders.
    Yes, that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Virtual Fullscreen is currently the only stuff which seems to work proper for Radeon GPUs under any conditions. Most users however might either be using Geforce or they got a machine using such a crappy resolution that they do not notice such flaws. The affected users for this lack of compatibility are mainly HD-TV users such as me who are running on special settings (Catalyst adjusted) so that the screen is fully matching. The game seems to be unable to take over those settings, something which most games seems capable of.

The Launcher is pretty much a screwup.

The Virtual Fullscreen is not a fake in term of visual abilitys, it got same resolution and engine such as the real fullscreen and no boarders. The performance of virtual fullscreen in my tests seems to be close to the same performance of a real fullscreen, just about 5% difference, which is close to nothing.

The difference is mainly how the frame is handled. While a real fullscreen is a own application separated from the desktop, the virtual fullscreen is kinda running in a separated frame-box, thus the desktop and the game can be opened at the same time without the need to close down the screen, which would make it easyer to switch between. However, in reality the virtual fullscreen is kinda buggy and will need improvements, although its able to work. At least it can deliver a clean fullscreen mode for Radeon users, thats all we need.

The real fullscreen is the real bug for Radeon users, it just can totaly screw up with scaling settings and then it just will create black boarders. Segas tuning regarding those GPUs is rather worse,.... because Nvidia is meant to be played and JP devs are loyal people. Just wonder what they gonna say when all 3 consoles of next generation are running on Radeon GPUs... then the devs cant anymore avoid the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMiTri View Post
    Yes, that's correct.
    AH. ok Thanks you two.

Thank you DiMiTri. The second solution in Spoiler it works for me.

That doesnt work for me. The joke is that PSO2 is the only game having black bars, and even does randomly freeze, a issue i still was unable to get ride of. In term i use the newest Afterburner, everytime i capture movie, it does freeze, no matter what drive. When i use the old beta build, it doesnt freeze (at capturing), but random freeze still does appear. Its a mess. Have to be clearly said, no other game got that issue so far. When i was running Tera i never had any freeze... on the same sytem, same hardware and what else...

Its extremely random, maybe 1 time every 3-6h. Im not able to find out whats responsible for. Hardware load is pretty hilarious compared to other games. The GPU runs at 50% and the CPU at 15%... there is no stress, i never had a game of todays age using so less hardware at max setting. But generally, running junk such as Gameguard while having a Antivirus at highest security mode doesnt help the matter, and then combined with a unstable beta build of a software... that could be to much.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 24, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Try to reinstall the drivers and after that go to ATI control center and search for properties (digital flat-panel) and check enable GPU scaling.

At least your full screen works, mine keeps giving me this error