Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I might be in the minority for this, but I kinda liked the way PSO did it. Felt like a progress indicator for me.

By seeing what color of the weapons glow people had, I could tell it was a brand (blue) from the caves or they just finished ruins on hard with a pallasch (red). Then the rare sabers like DB Saber (yeah right) would glow from green to blue.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
    Felt like a progress indicator for me
    That's a good arguement. Although I expect pso2 to have a large amount of weapons so that if they don't include the elemental glow it wouldn't be an issue. Oh and on a side note I liked how it changed your clothing to, not just weapons.
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Apr 26, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    it would be cool if they do add it. one thing id like to know tho. will there b enemy's that are resistant to an element as well?
    Elements in PSU worked on an opposing elements system as opposed to a cycle.
    Fire <-> Ice
    Lightning <-> Earth
    Light <-> Dark

If you used the opposite element you dealt more damage, if you used the same element you did less. I imagine a similar system here; although, in PSO2 we don't have the Earth element.

I might be in the minority for this, but I kinda liked the way PSO did it. Felt like a progress indicator for me.

By seeing what color of the weapons glow people had, I could tell it was a brand (blue) from the caves or they just finished ruins on hard with a pallasch (red). Then the rare sabers like DB Saber (yeah right) would glow from green to blue.
    At the same time the way PSO did it made every player's progression seem very linear and predictable. While this may have been the case anyway, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I wouldn't at least mind the illusion that I'm not doing exactly the same thing every other player is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I think they caved into PSO fans again there and made it based on the weapons rarity.

1 - green
    2 - blue
    3 - ...I haven't seen a 3 star weapon yet
    4 - yellow

Not sure if they completely match the colors in PSO, but if they did someone can finish that list for me. Also actual rare items with extra unique appearances just have whatever photon color they were designed with.
    If their going with the old pso color order I believe it would be

1 - green
    2 - blue
    3 - red
    4 - yellow
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

I thou remember The first PSU Ep1 release got rigged weapons of elements just to have the colors on the saber when you played as Ethan at Bruce's shop lmao.

Saber: Neutral
    Brand: Ice
    Buster: Dark
    Pallasch: Fire
    Durandal(PSU replaces Gladius for Durandal lol): Electric

Quote Originally Posted by Skye-Fox713 View Post
    If their going with the old pso color order I believe it would be

1 - green
    2 - blue
    3 - red
    4 - yellow
    1. Green
    2. Blue
    3. Purple
    4. Red
    5. Yellow

You missed purple.

Quote Originally Posted by djizomdjinn View Post
    1. Green
    2. Blue
    3. Purple
    4. Red
    5. Yellow

You missed purple.
    This is the correct order.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiko

At least on V1/2. When V3 came along the DB saber and other 9* weapons got their own models.

I feel the same way.