Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

So far this story looks good and the time loop just got me hooked i cant wait for the rest of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Ok so here's what I gathered from playing the beta :
    First of all, Afin is a wimp, which everyone understood (also he calls us "partner" which is waaay too friendly when we barely know the guy, oh well).
    After the tutorial and matter board/client order shenanigans start the real story. Well it kind of starts with Shion but there was too many complicated words for me to understand anything.

Then! Story quest, which is basically the tutorial again, except that this time no Xeno to ruin everything and we follow the voice we hear calling for help. Then we meet Matoi, who's pretty much scared of anything that isn't the player for some reason. Then we take her back to the ship.
    After that, she appears in the lobby and Philia (that's the nurse right?) gives us client orders. Basically Matoi is not in good shape so she send us on a hunt for items to heal her. Sadly, because of how stupid the third client order is, I don't know what happens next (stupid in that collecting drops from rare rappys is augh). And if anyone's curious, Matoi doesn't do much, she just stand there, sad that we don't seem to remember her and telling us to be careful.
    The rare Rappies material quest wasnt hard at all...it ends quickly in multiparty fields, actually.

After all that hassle (if it really was necessary to do), you can see Shion again and you have another cutscene about her saying some more gibberish. After that you simply get a message about that's all the story content available for the Closed Beta.

As far as the story goes, everything seems to be presented pretty vaguely, but I have hope it turns into something more enjoyable. For now...I just want to know WHAT is Shion. The way she is introduced feels very paradoxical, as if she doesnt really belong to that dimension or timeline (lolFFXIII-2, u mad? ).
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by buri-chan View Post
    Yeah, Afin is pretty hard to stand. "OH NO, THERE ARE, LIKE, LITERALLY FIVE DAGANS HERE HOW DID THEY APPEAR WHAT'S HAPPENING WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE". Echo can't decide if she's a tsundere or not, Xeno is generic as hell, and we can only hope the not-human speculation is true to explain Shion's strange (read: bad) voice acting. But Maloo and the nurses are pretty delicious. I shouldn't have noticed, but dammit, Phillia's hair uses the same texture as the teacher's in Real Kanojo (don't you judge me).

But, uh, the very basic gist of it so far, as I've been able to tell, is you're a rookie for Arks, partnered up with Afin to explore the planet(s) while Darkers are mysteriously appearing. So a mix of PSO and PSU. Calling them Darkers pretty much confirms Dark Force/Falz/Fulkis as end boss, but that wasn't hard to guess anyways.

Coward kid, Tsundere short girl with big breasts, Super cool rival figure, mysterious creep woman who obviously isnt human, quiet fainted fragile girl who has no memory but is obviously a plotpoint anyway?

....So basically, it's every other anime storyline on earth except we're forced to sit through it again for phantasy star.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggobandit View Post
    ....So basically, it's every other anime storyline on earth except we're forced to sit through it again for phantasy star.

Great.
    Yeah, I couldn't understand a word of the story, but the way the characters are presented, their looks, etc, really made me think "oh frek, this is going to be a generic anime story, isn't it?"

I had hopes it'd be different once (if) the game releases in english, and the translation would prove me wrong, but this thread is doing a pretty thorough job of murdering them.

Also, yes, Afin is a whiny little turd and I wish I could shove him into a wolf's maw. Freaking obnoxious.

P.S. I just kind of had an epiphany; I can't understand a single kata or hiragana symbol, yet I still feel Afin is... well, a whiny little turd. I can't imagine how much worse he will be once I can actually understand what he says!! Welp, time to unlearn English and hope they never release in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    How do those things even connect with each other?

Time Travel is needed for a Time Loop t occur.
    Schrodinger's Cat has nothing to do with time travel or anything like that
    I have no idea what you mean by "Virtue's Last Reward" from the wiki article I can guess you mean the outcome of the story is different based on your actions, but i haven't seen any evidence of that. I see you are able to respond how you want to some things, but it has virtually no effect on the story.
    Yeah I figured no one would really get the reference, what with Virute's Last Reward's not actually out in the English and whatnot. Anyways, I'll keep it short, but this will be a spoiler for anyone that ever played "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" and plans to play VLR later this year.

Spoiler!

Of course this is just off what we saw in what's in CB. It will probably turn out to be something totally different, but speculating is always fun~

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't understand a word of the story, but the way the characters are presented, their looks, etc, really made me think "oh frek, this is going to be a generic anime story, isn't it?"

I had hopes it'd be different once (if) the game releases in english, and the translation would prove me wrong, but this thread is doing a pretty thorough job of murdering them.

Also, yes, Afin is a whiny little turd and I wish I could shove him into a wolf's maw. Freaking obnoxious.

P.S. I just kind of had an epiphany; I can't understand a single kata or hiragana symbol, yet I still feel Afin is... well, a whiny little turd. I can't imagine how much worse he will be once I can actually understand what he says!! Welp, time to unlearn English and hope they never release in Spanish.
    Well to be fair i thought the same thing of Emilia before PSP2 was localized, and she happened to be my favorite character in the whole game

She was just annoying during all the CG cutscenes because they tried their hardest to make her look frail and cutesy and moe when she was mostly just cynical and sarcastic and pretty laid back. Hopefully it'll be that way again for this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggobandit View Post
    Well to be fair i thought the same thing of Emilia before PSP2 was localized, and she happened to be my favorite character in the whole game
    Everytime I was forced to take Emilia on a mission, I wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Yeah I figured no one would really get the reference, what with Virute's Last Reward's not actually out in the English and whatnot. Anyways, I'll keep it short, but this will be a spoiler for anyone that ever played "9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors" and plans to play VLR later this year.

Spoiler!

Of course this is just off what we saw in what's in CB. It will probably turn out to be something totally different, but speculating is always fun~
    So basically you used a reference point that noone would understand to try to communicate... I give you an F.

There are a few that you are mistaking, probably due to your reference point...

A time loop is caused when event A triggers event B which then, through linear time travel, causes event A to occur. This is seen in one of the endings of (sorry I'm rusty with the names and such of all these things) PSIII? where the Alissa 3? finds its way to Earth which causes Earth to build and send ships to the Aloglian system.

Schrodinger's Cat paradox is the concept that until an event is seen/measured all possibilities exist, illustrated by placing a cat in a box and then putting a poison that "could" be released thus killing the cat. Because you don't know whether the cat is alive or dead in the box then the cat, until you open the box, is both alive and dead.

What you are describing actually has nothing to do with that. Well there is somewhat something to do with it, but not really. What you are talking about is alternate branching realities where in there is no "real" world, but rather every possibility creates a separate universe so all possibilities exist simultaneously in alternate realities.

Some people have mistakenly, as far as we know, confused all this and believe that because there are billions of yous across the multiverse that there is some sort of connection and you can will yourself between these universes. But that is not how parallel branching alternate realities work. In branching realities what happens when you time travel, if you don't use linear time travel, is that you go to a different universe and that universe plays out as it would because you were always going to be appear at that point in time

The problem with branching realities and time travel is that it isn't logical to time travel when you have branching realities. If you didn't like your current reality or wanted to do something in the past that you didn't to affect the future/present you'd simply travel to the universe that already has those affects.

For example if you wanted to Kill Hitler. Traveling back and killing Hitler makes no sense because you aren't killing hitler in your reality to begin with so you aren't getting vengeance on the guy you think you are. It makes no difference to the world you left because that hitler still exists and does everything he does. The hitler you killed no longer exist and then you probably don't want to live your life out returning to the present so you have a few option. Like stasis, FtL, etc or Time travel again to another reality where Hitler is dead and you're in the present. You are then in a 3rd reality where you didn't kill hitler but he was killed by somebody. Because this is the case it becomes stupid to go back and kill hitler when killing a hitler has no effect on the world you came from or the world you ended up in so instead of time traveling and killing hitler a smart person would just jump to the third reality, by passing the second.

I think I'll stop there.

Now, the question is: How many Hitlers do we need to kill for Sega to actually give us a good story plot?
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Anime/Manga story writing rule # 1!

Even a monkey could write manga.

But if it works on most of your LOLI NEWMAN DD CUP MOE OBSESSED, OTAKU customers why pay writers?? BWAHAHAHAHAHA-JAPAN-HAHAHAHA!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.