View Poll Results: Should I keep this posted?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, this should help some people.

123 87.86%
  • No, they should suffer on the downloader.

17 12.14%
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Alternative PSO2 Open BETA Installer Download.

Hello Everyone I have made a self extracting archive .exe file that has the installer that is downloaded with the official downloader.

Download link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Y...2hHX3pTU1BIMzg
    MD5: b3434a950da95e06be32cee3c851d7bf

Pre-OPEN BETA update:https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_Q...S10SkcyaEh4NXM Thanks Fujiko.
    MD5: bc06b35330ef438d9b81f0e03ebe9944
    unzip to c:\program files (x86)\sega
    or
    c:\program files\sega
    Last edited by AnnabellaRenee87; Jun 15, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

I had such a hard time with the downloader, for whatever reason. If some tragedy should happen where I lose the installation this would be very handy.
    Duck TalesNeifirst [ship 2]

Thank you for sharing the client.
    Downloading it now and getting great download speeds.

I put the topic on my favorites. I'll download it later. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoistheone View Post
    I remember when people was trying to download the client they where having problems with the downloaded I know its a little late but if you are going to play in the OBT and don't have the game already installed use this to install it, its just the 3 files the downloader downloads. The main EXE and the two .bin files. I know this works as I have used it to install the game on my laptop and my little brothers laptop and desktop.
    I have decided to give some space on my Google Drive to the PSO-World community and have the file set to open.

Please use the poll and let me know if you are downloading it or are not downloading it. If there is no interest in the file then I will remove it.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Y...HE5LXU5U1hzcTg
    What you are hosting is the CBT client, not the OBT. way to be late mate, CBT is already over.

The CBT client and the OBT client are synonymous. The client will update itself for the open beta when the time comes no need to reinstall as with the alphas.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]

Quote Originally Posted by shiink View Post
    The CBT client and the OBT client are synonymous. The client will update itself for the open beta when the time comes no need to reinstall as with the alphas.
    Pretty much this.

There's a reason why we were told not to uninstall the game.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll post an updated file if it changes in the OBT.

I think it's a good idea because...
    It took me 16 or 17 hrs or so of constant downloading to get the CB thing. It would frequently have some kind of error and need to be messed with to get it going again. I guess my internet is kinda slow but having to tinker with the downloader by pressing the 'fix' button prevent it from just running all night. I'm sure when open comes there'd be another rush by more people to grab it, so having an alternate place to go would certainly speed up DL's.

BUT
    Do they have the ability to "count" how many times people DL the CB from their space? Would the CB somehow "look unpopular" if they were unable to count these other downloads? It's not a super big deal, just curious. I mean, nobody outside there was even supposed to know about it or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    I think it's a good idea because...
    It took me 16 or 17 hrs or so of constant downloading to get the CB thing. It would frequently have some kind of error and need to be messed with to get it going again. I guess my internet is kinda slow but having to tinker with the downloader by pressing the 'fix' button prevent it from just running all night. I'm sure when open comes there'd be another rush by more people to grab it, so having an alternate place to go would certainly speed up DL's.

BUT
    Do they have the ability to "count" how many times people DL the CB from their space? Would the CB somehow "look unpopular" if they were unable to count these other downloads? It's not a super big deal, just curious. I mean, nobody outside there was even supposed to know about it or whatever.
    I would assume that active subscriptions would be more of what they are looking for vs how many people download the installer.