Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Are you talking about players shops? You can pick categories like weps, armor, and the exact types before searching. Also you can pick the minimum star rarity, as well as price. I think it's fairly easy to find a certain wep or find new ones that way.
    hmm... I guess the interface just wasn't very intuitive. I tried searching without putting an item name in and it came up with no results so I figured it was a required field. Same with needing a player's name to look for shops...

we could try starting up a wiki scratchpad

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Scratchpad_Wiki_Labs

it seems pretty simple and for now could get the job done i think.

overall i think this is a great idea to hold people over for now. i kinda feel like psublog / a few stickies on this forum are basically the same thing though. it just takes a few more steps to get the info you need.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post

it seems pretty simple and for now could get the job done i think.

overall i think this is a great idea to hold people over for now. i kinda feel like psublog / a few stickies on this forum are basically the same thing though. it just takes a few more steps to get the info you need.
    not a bad idea
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I think it's a wonderul idea. and seeing how we have a good chunk of the CBT mostly figured out/translated just a matter of getting the wiki site up and running (easier said then done right? lol)

I'll help in any way I can.
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I thought PSOW usually makes their own info database thingies?

In fact that's all I ever used to use this site for. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I think we only need someone to get this off the ground and the rest should happen on its own. However, I don't have a lot of experience with wikis nor do I plan to grab too much responsibility (read: spend too much time).

I'm dying to help out though and my friend probably will too.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

All the people working on previous wiki sites (PSU and PSP2) have decided against reiterating.

All people involved in data mining, research and translation have decided against the wiki format.

So far, neither the former psup team nor PSOW have openly spoken about making their database(s), but there is little doubt they are in the process.

In the mean time, I have stored some of the data on my online documents, but that will be included in either database, or course.

As someone with experience of it, I strongly suggest against you starting a wiki, and I even more strongly suggest against spreading the information on yet another site, it'd be a lot better if all the information were concentrated in one source.
    Last edited by Hrith; May 7, 2012 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post

Never use wikia. It's full of malware and there are various ownership problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    All the people working on previous wiki sites (PSU and PSP2) have decided against reiterating.

All people involved in data mining, research and translation have decided against the wiki format.

So far, neither the former psup team nor PSOW have openly spoken about making their database(s), but there is little doubt their are in the process.

In the mean time, I have stored some of the data on my online documents, but that will be included in either database, or course.

As someone with experience of it, I strongly suggest against you starting a wiki, and I even more strongly suggest against spreading the information on yet another site, it'd be a lot better if all the information were concentrated in one source.
    I've created a few wikis and they are fairly easy to make, but I personally refuse because as mentioned elsewhere i have been burnt a bit too many times on that. I don't see the point of creating a wiki or anything like that when this site will be making something for it and likely already has, but just doesnt have it visible and it likely has a number of sections pre-formed ready to go once they get accurate information.

There are 3 things that they could put up right now and all of them would have to be greatly edited depending on balancing of the game and translations that we wont know much concretely about tile the game launches.

The information currently being collected by people in posts and such are just to help you get by temporarily and as such shouldnt be put in a wiki format.

I'm against a wiki. Items, quests, PA data. skills etc. should be put into databases - there's no need for them to be edited by everyone. As long as the person(s) in charge update the DBs whenever the game updates, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    In fact that's all I ever used to use this site for. D:
    Your post count says otherwise.

The only issue with databases is, can we be certain the administrators can update them reliably? Most times, these are simply side-projects, and if they stop caring, what are you given to go on? Mostly out-dated info. That isn't really helpful at all.