Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Are you talking about players shops? You can pick categories like weps, armor, and the exact types before searching. Also you can pick the minimum star rarity, as well as price. I think it's fairly easy to find a certain wep or find new ones that way.
    lol i was going to say this. I never had trouble finding what i was looking for, just filtered out what i wasnt looking for and found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    The only issue with databases is, can we be certain the administrators can update them reliably? Most times, these are simply side-projects, and if they stop caring, what are you given to go on? Mostly out-dated info. That isn't really helpful at all.
    Something similar can be said about a wiki - yes, there are more people who can keep it updated, but at the same time the risk is higher that the data added is simply wrong and goes unnoticed for a long time until people think it's actually true.

So yeah, we have to pick our poison. I still prefer a DB over a wiki if we can get a bunch of reliable administrators who take care of it - and are willing to pass on their admin rights if they know they can't keep up. If we end up with a wiki after all I have but one request: Let's never touch wikia.

I had a very hard time with shops in CBT, so much so that i gave up, some sort of database or *temporary* OBT wiki would be nice to see various items with English stats and name as well as a copyable Japanese name to help search for it in the shops+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Something similar can be said about a wiki - yes, there are more people who can keep it updated, but at the same time the risk is higher that the data added is simply wrong and goes unnoticed for a long time until people think it's actually true.

So yeah, we have to pick our poison. I still prefer a DB over a wiki if we can get a bunch of reliable administrators who take care of it - and are willing to pass on their admin rights if they know they can't keep up. If we end up with a wiki after all I have but one request: Let's never touch wikia.
    There is actually a good example of that already in the JP wikis is it Hrith's google doc of bad information.

Echo's Partner Card is marked as you getting from doing her first mission (kill a rockbear to get her rod), but this is wrong. I actually tested this out in game because i wasn't sure and it could be either way. You get her Partner Card when you accept her second mission which requires you to take her with you.

The reason people don't notice it is because
    ORder 1 is taken and completed then most people take Order 2 immediately upon turning in Order 1. If you don't take Order 2 and go and check the cards you have you won't have Echo's card.

The wrong information is already in 3 or 4 places for this which is the problem with wikis as people don't check certain things and they just add it. Likewise with a regular database it depends on the person running it to be accurate with that at least you only have to fight with one person and if they're not willing to look into it then you move on and put the right info elsewhere. With a wiki you have to fight with every member, present and future which is just a pain.

I see your point roc. I guess we should hold off on the idea for a little and maybe individualy collect info that we feel may be useful and if time need b find sumone willing to lead and then pool all the info together. But only if nothing comes up on the web in the distant future. Just an idea.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    hmm... I guess the interface just wasn't very intuitive. I tried searching without putting an item name in and it came up with no results so I figured it was a required field. Same with needing a player's name to look for shops...
    I never had any problems with it myself, I even whipped up a quick guide:
    http://photondrop.tumblr.com/post/21...how-to-use-the

I'd prefer a db myself since I've seen so many wiki's get sabotaged, so if we went that route I'd like it to be closely moderated.

The info that is scattered all over the threads here MUST be compiled somewhere, that's for sure....

I think that i should be started soon or someone outside will end up doing this...
    May I Help U??

Actually guys, just thought of something, just some food for thought...

Why don't we make the PSO-W's item data base like a wiki Like where to find it, video links, Trivia, ect.

I mean the PSO item data base was amazing. Cant say I found the PSU guide all that useful, but still.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

I used the PSOW item database so much! They were really useful back then. And the stats charts... the drop charts...
    May I Help U??

Lets do that then its not a wiki and people can keep a close eye on it
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.