Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As much as I like seeing Crapcom getting what they deserve, it's kinda scary to see quite a few companies losing all that money in one year. Sega, EA, Nintendo(?), and I think a few others...

If we're not careful, there might be another video game crash. :/

Nintendo is hanging in there actually. This is one area of business they are quite resilient with. Mostly because they didn't enter the hardware (take a loss) race. And due to their focus, they have more room to manuever.

Alas, this possible crash and restructure is mainly due to the current struggle between large corporations and revitalized independent developers.

I would have thought you people would be smart enough to recognize Monster Hunter as a valid, well-selling series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxNewman View Post
    Capcom dont even make there games anymore the only game there making now is street fighter & resident evil.
    ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by Peejay View Post
    I would have thought you people would be smart enough to recognize Monster Hunter as a valid, well-selling series.
    It is. Some of us are only talking about the stuff selling locally over the last year or so. Monster Hunter Tri was the last MH we got. Though I'm curious about Dragon's Dogma since the demo. If it indeed rocks, then that would definitely be a notable release.

I hate Capcom now. Everything they're doing is bullshit. I'll love their classics, but they can piss off for all I care. Money-hungry morons.
    HUcast Omega - Lv. 100

~Picture by Daggart~
    *Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 Group!*

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    It is. Some of us are only talking about the stuff selling locally over the last year or so. Monster Hunter Tri was the last MH we got. Though I'm curious about Dragon's Dogma since the demo. If it indeed rocks, then that would definitely be a notable release.
    Well, we are supposed to get the Vita Monhan localized, too. Also, hype is big for it. I guess the Remote-play for it is supposed to be great or something? I can't remember clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma is going to be a flop. It's an awkward, clunky game with few interesting features to differentiate it from other titles and it's seeing relatively little hype.

It's best hope is probably to appeal to Monster Hunter fans, but they can barely keep their own favorite series profitable in the Western market, so I just don't see the game being very successful.

Capcom does a lot of bullshit tactics but at least the are a great publsher as most of their games do make it to NA and usually release alongside the JP version. They are also coming out with a new IP called EX troopers.

I'd rather put up with Capcom than shitty Namco which treat NA like crap.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)