Default Comparisons of Ranged Single-Target DPS

Greetings,

I have constructed a little (or maybe not-so-little) spreadsheet that compares Single-Target Damage-Per-Second of ranged weapons amongst all classes in the game. The goal of this project is solely to compare the damage of weapons amongst each other and other classes.

Click Here for DPS Chart.

(Though there is a preview of the file on the site, it is incomplete. I recommend downloading it to get the full thing. There are also Sorting options if you want to customize it a little. Don't worry - tested and no viruses or spyware)

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS SPREADSHEET:
    1. All character ATP stats are base level 100 stats.
    2. There are no added bonuses outside of elements. Meaning no Shifta, no Materials, no Mags, no Attribute Percents. The reasoning behind this is because this is primarily a weapons comparison. While Shifta, Mats, Mags and Attributes are amplifications of damage, they're all way more subjective to the user. Elements are the exception, since they play the most core part of a Weapon's damage outside of the user's own stats. If anyone is interested in adding all of these (including Resistances/Def) let me know and I'll show you how to calculate it inside the spreadsheet.
    3. This does not factor in Resistances or enemy Defense.
    4. The formula used is:
    ((Weapon ATP with max grinders+Character ATP)/5*Element Damage Boost)*#of hits in Combo/Time to execute combo.
    5. The times to execute combos were done by myself using Normal-Normal-Normal. If you would like to dispute them, I'd love to hear what you come up with!
    6. I only did this for Ranged weapons because:
    6a. Hunters weapons finish combos much less often and rely on PAs a lot more.
    6b. Force weapons rarely execute a full combo.

Here are some interesting things about ranged weapons that you may not know!
    -HUcasts can equip Frigiand, Vthra Weapon, and Blackhawk, thus outdamaging all rangers in every way
    -Gunblades CAN hit all three of its Ranged shots on one enemy - sort of like a shotgun effect. This method achieves the highest DPS in the game for regular attacks. However, this puts you in Melee range, which is not typically preferred for rangers.
    -Though it may be disputed, the Riverman Missouri looks to be the best ranged weapon in the game. It out-damages the Crimson Vis and Twin Psychoguns, and it has a longer range.
    -Handguns are better than Rifles in almost every way.
    -Celeb is awesome.

Special thanks to DoctorShanks, Sp-24 and Daggart for providing a LOT of insight that helped create this chart.
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Aug 8, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

UPDATE!
    I have added a rough "Beta" version of a Damage Calculator on the last sheet of this document. It doesn't include Defense and Resistances yet, but it does include Shifta/Zalure and every other stat bonus. It's pretty nifty if you ask me.

Yep, looks nice so far, as a reference of some sort. Good luck with melee weapons, though...

Thanks! I doubt I'll do a comparison for Melee weapons, but I'll eventually include them in the DPS calculator on the last sheet. That'll be a separate undertaking, though.

So it's true, when playing offline, a FOmarl really is stronger than a RAcast assuming they're both using the same weapon. The reason for this is that the FOmarl gets Shifta, 20 more material usage, and Zalure lowers enemy resistances and DFP slightly.

So if you want to play a Ranger but can't play online ever, don't make a Ranger . . . :P.

But obviously the RAcast is still the most powerful Ranger when playing online. RAcast still gets more accuracy and a better weapon distribution, so yeah, he's still pretty cool.

Good job on this by the way. I'll be playing around with this quite a bit.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Wow, never new Rifles were so trash. Also AFAIK Rifle has no PA worth using over a Handgun. And Tachyon is so easy to get too.

I do have a question: whats the optimal combo? 3x Normal or 3x Heavy? Or maybe 2x Heavy and Normal? I don't know the cast time on Heavy attacks. =x
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries

How did you figure out the weapon attack speeds for that? If I could use something like that on my DPS testing with Daggers and D Sabers, I can try to be very accurate in my findings.
    HUcast Omega - Lv. 100

~Picture by Daggart~
    *Proud member of the Phantasy Star Zero Revival 2 Group!*

I have completed a damage calculator that is going through testing right now. I'll post it once I've finished testing. It's way more awesome than this chart.

Awesome! a Damage Calculator will be very useful once/if I get my RAcast back up and running.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Hey, it isn't just for Rangers. It's good for Hunters too. Or really, anyone that uses weapons to fight.