Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

Hey all,

I've been a fan of Phantasy Star for a while. I played PSOBB and PSU on the PC and was pretty devastated when the servers were shut down for PSU. Until now I haven't had a way to play PSU, but I finally got an Xbox360 recently and I just got PSU from one of my friends. Sweeeettt. So I still have no idea how populated the servers are nowadays and I was debating whether or not I wanna purchase a guardian's license again. Is it worth it?

I realize now that someone else already posted a thread similar to this, but I want more answers haha. Someone mentioned downsides of the Xbox360 version and something about a JP version?

JP-PC has a F2P model on it, excludes trades, my room.
    Xbox PSU is just like the US-PC ver, monthly sub to play online, don't need gold just a sub. People only run white beast so good luck finding a party unless you want to do, white beast all day.
    Just wait for PSO2 you'll enjoy it a lot more than PSU and we're just waiting for open Beta now. I don't like to beat a dead horse so I'll leave what I've said so far about PSU-360 out.

Downsides of JP vs International: Content on the xbox is at least a year behind now, might have trouble getting latest JP updates since they dropped the PS2 to improve the development of the PC ver. other than that I'm clueless otherwise. I regret wasting time and money getting it again for 360 after losing my PC ver, at least it helped kill some time for a few months.
    Last edited by Konflyk; May 17, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
    PSO2 Karai

If you are newer to the game you will have tons to do despite it's shortcomings compared to JP. Just be wary of the community, a lot of them like to take advantage of players and are general scumbags. There's some good ones around though.

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konflyk View Post
    People only run white beast so good luck finding a party unless you want to do, white beast all day.
    What? People run more than just White Beast nowadays. You can find also find parties at GAM, Distant Memory, and obviously events/GBR's. Once the current event ends 360 should get the Parum GBR that adds Lightning Beast S3, Seed Express S3, Two-Headed Ruins C-S3, and Evacuation Route C-S3. People will be doing Seed Express S3 for Iritista Spellstones, Lightning Beast S3 for Sturm Bursts, and Two-Headed Ruins S3 for the (well whatever it ends up being called/looks like) M25SE Missouri.

Then again, I guess it is just your advanced/elite players that don't run White Beast 24/7.

It's better to go on the PSU JP for it's content which it's ahead of the 360.
    But if you do decide to play online, my character and gamertag is HIT0SHI!

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

After playing on jp for about a month now there's no way in hell I can recomend the 360 version.

The person who said that the 360 is behind 1 year is actually being nice. It's much more than that.

Plus no one talks about this but i'm sure the 360 servers wont last as long as the JP ones. PSU as a whole isn't worth it anymore.

PSO2 is coming out sometime soon. If you want your psu fix I recomend the free JP one. Dont waste your time on the watered down (being nice here) 360 one.

Wish they were running White Beast now! 29 mil for an Aoryu and 9 mil for a Shuzak and still no dark Shijin (made 4 off ROF so far).

For console players 360 is the only version available.

Thanks for all the replies!

Ok, so I guess that pretty much rules out PSU360 for me haha what a bummer. I'm understanding that JP PSU is on the PC? and if so, how do I get it? Also what is F2P? Also I'd like to here pros and cons for JP PSU if anyone can do that for me. Just like a summary. I'd appreciate it. =] I just really miss playing PSU. I played the story mode for a little bit on 360 and it brought back a lot of good memories hah.

I was also considering just paying $10 for a month of the Xbox version just to see if its satisfying. I mean I haven't played since the PC servers shut down. What exactly do you guys mean when you say its 1+ years behind? Anddd alsoo my computer sucks. Not sure if it can even run PSU anymore. I could hardly run simple games like Vindictus (if anyone has played that) D;