Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default Ask a Simple Question, get a Detailed Answer

As the title says, because I didn't see any thread like this yet, and normally I see myself answering plenty of simple questions through PMs and such. New and/or Confused players alike who have any question regarding ANY topic on PSZ, I or other members will try to answer them as detailed as possible.

Complex Questions that will require Testing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Do chain counts affect the damage of the offensive PB's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Does the damage inflicted by a damaging Photon Blast vary if those who participate in the Photon Blasts have mags whose Synch is not at max, compared to using a maxed Synch mag using the same PB offline with the same number of CPU character joining in?
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

O.O How will min/maxer wars be handled and if they happen and or get out of hand.

Min/Maxer wars? If the below isn't what you were talking about then let me know.

This game has had its fair share of arguments from the professionals, and I say they indeed are quite difficult to read once they get out of hand. I've been in one before with this one guy who was basically saying "If you don't play my way then you're not playing the right way." Although he had some good points, he wasn't the friendliest person around and wasn't willing to compromise.

In short, the unfriendly flavor of those arguments are rare. As for how they were handled, they weren't. We have this neat little ignore option in the user CP where we can put members names on them, and I guess that's how its handled :P

~Art by Daggart~

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I got two questions, and a minor suggestion:

Q1: Do chain counts affect the damage of the offensive PB's?
    Q2: Do your own stats affect the damage of the offensive Photon Blasts?
    --2a: If so, by how much is damage affected, regarding the variances in stats?

And a minor little suggestion being that, if any questions cannot be immediately answered, assuming this topic become filled with many well-thought and unprecedented questions, am I to assume that you would be able to place them in your OP, to be answered at a later time? That's pretty much it... :P

EDIT: Yes, I know this is supposed to be a "SIMPLE question, detailed ANSWER", however, I believe this to be something of at least decent discussion, requiring a good deal of input and experimentation to come to conclusive and precise results, which I hope will eventually be achieved. ;P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; May 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

@Chaos: I can and will do that. Good thinking, especially since I'm not 100% sure on the answer to your first question. That is definetly test worthy, though, unfortunately we'll have to look for a group of people willing to test that for both Granir AND Pacifal.

As for question two, I remember someone saying before that the damage dealt by a Photon Blast depends solely on your level. I haven't tested myself, but I've heard more than one person say this so its good enough for me (if not, you and I both have high level characters of every class)

EDIT: In response to your edit, I just thought the title had a good ring to it. In fact, it would be awesome if we get a lot of complicated questions that nobody really knows the answer to.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

~Art by Daggart~

Awesome I'll try and help out in getting results for the answer to my second question. It'll just take a little bit of time, finding the different variables in the damage outputs and testing it between my characters for constructive analysis. Of course, if the results turn up positive, it will take much more time to find out the answer for the 2a bit, so I don't really expect that to be answered anytime soon, if 2 turns out true, haha... ^_^;

As for how I will be testing, I will first calculate the totals of all three of my characters' offensive base stats, removing all variables in the testing, and use a very controlled area for the analysis, in which I will not be using allies offline for such.

Also, another question to add to the list:

Q3: Does the damage inflicted by a damaging Photon Blast vary if those who participate in the Photon Blasts have mags whose Synch is not at max, compared to using a maxed Synch mag using the same PB offline with the same number of CPU character joining in?

Sorry to have to throw in all these complex questions, but confirmations are still very much obliged.
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; May 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Added to the OP. I doubt its different, but I'm not 100% sure on that myself. I think it'll be really difficult to raise a low synch mag's PB bar in time for testing, unless you tried a number like 50 or something.

~Art by Daggart~

Great topic DoctorShanks. I will be able to pick your brain on alot of questions that I have.

1. How important is accuracy adjustment on weapons? As a former fomar on pso gamecube, I needed all the hit I could get on a weapon. I have been hording any weapons I find with over 30 accuracy adjustment, but I don't know how necessary it is. I am only lv 61 and still on hard.

2. Are rare weapons set with a predetermined photon art or is it random?

3. Are rare weapons set with an elemental attribute or is it random?

4. Do different character classes have different animations on weapons? If they do, is one character better at a weapon than another?

5. Roughly, what lv is the halfway point to lv 100 experience wise?

6. Are there any add slot items to up the slots on your armor or do you have to find a 4 slot armor?

7. Are any of the higher lv rare armors visible on your character?

8. When a weapon has an element, does it just randomly turn on in the middle of your combo or is there something you can do to constantly trigger it?

Please forgive all the noob questions.

1. In this game accuracy is a more flexible stat. In the lower difficulties you won't be missing things left and right, but as you ascend into SH mode, the number of misses will pile up. Accuracy problems can be solved with Hit mags, or Power/Hit hybrid mags, but you should never use ANY Hit materials. Hit materials are better off as a mag stat. Now to answer your question, yes, Accuracy Adjustment is pretty important to have. For every point of Accuracy Adjustment means you can remake your mag with one less hit (assuming you already were able to hit everything with a decent success rate beforehand).

2. Plenty of rare weapons, according to the guides weapon, might show only one Photon Art. In this case, that weapon can ONLY have that Photon Art and you will never find one without a Photon Art either. On the other hand, some rare weapons like the Twin Psychoguns can have any of their 3 Photon Arts, and also have a chance of being picked up without a Photon Art.

3. Some rare weapons are set with an Element such as the Yonohate In which can only have Risk level 2. However, some weapons like the H44 Missouri are special, whereas if you find one with an Element, it can never be changed. You will have to check the guides section for more information on what element some weapons can have. The rule here is, if you find a weapon that is worth 10 Meseta, its element can never be changed. So in answer to your question, the answer is both, depending on the rare weapon.

4. To answer the first half of your question, AS FAR AS I KNOW, Males and Females have their own unique pool of weapon animations. To be more precise, HUmar, RAmar, FOmar, RAcast, HUcast, HUnewm, and FOnewm all share the same weapon animations while the others (the females) also share the same weapon animations. For the second half, if there is a difference, it's very unnoticable. The only big difference I've noticed is that the Females tend to finish the 3rd Claw Combo with less delay than the Males.

5. Level 91.8-ish. You have no idea how much I love answering this question.

6. Nope. Enjoy your 3 Slot Noble Cloak.

7. Unfortunately, no.

8. If a weapon has an element, it relies on a proc rate, which can be located on the Elemental Attributes page. As far as I know, only the Celeb, Life, and Soul elements do not require the proc rate and work 100% of the time.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; May 26, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

~Art by Daggart~

Quote Originally Posted by mario2099 View Post
    Great topic DoctorShanks. I will be able to pick your brain on alot of questions that I have.

1. How important is accuracy adjustment on weapons? As a former fomar on pso gamecube, I needed all the hit I could get on a weapon. I have been hording any weapons I find with over 30 accuracy adjustment, but I don't know how necessary it is. I am only lv 61 and still on hard.
    As far as ATA is concerned, you need enough ACC ADJ on a weapon that, if you're planning on using it in Super, you need to make sure it will allow for your overall ATA to be at least 520 (450 if you're a FO that uses Zalure Lv11-15). Any more ACC ADJ isn't AS necessary, but the more the merrier; there is no such thing as TOO MUCH ATA, unless that extra ATA is costing you power, in which case remove the unneeded additions (like units, which since the "X"/Hit units are only 3/5 as effective as other units in their stat increases, you might as well never use them unless you DESPARATELY NEED the ATA).

But, for Hard, as long you you're pulling upwards of 450 or so (or about 400 for a FO using Zalure Lv6-10, and as low as 380 if you managed to get a Zalure Lv11 or 12 while still in hard, or got gifted a 13-15 from someone else who has Super), you should be hitting enemies fine for the most part, I'd wager.

2. Are rare weapons set with a predetermined photon art or is it random?
    Most weapons, common OR rare, do in fact have a set photon art, and for those that you own, you can look through your Item Catalog and check the weapons' stats and see if they have a photon art listed for them. If they do, then it's set to ALWAYS be that one whenever you find one dropped/bought, however, if it has no listed PA, then it can come with any/none, luck depending. It is because of the set PA's that some weapons are liked more than others, like the ultra-common, decently powerful 7* Tachyon Gun, which is obtained as a quest reward for completing "Towards The Future" on Super difficulty) that can be set with up to Lv5 element randomly when assigning one to it through the Tekker, however since it has Thriller Combo set to it, usually people will still prefer to use the Rouge Pulse, which while it has less ATP, can come with the slightly more useful Flame Hit PA.

3. Are rare weapons set with an elemental attribute or is it random?
    Most rares are set with an element that can never change (which is what makes most rare weapons what they are, or at least have been since PSO). In some cases, though, some rares can be found with any random element on them wghen they are picked up, which are collectively termed as "conditional rares". Rare weapons' elements are also listed with their PA's in the Item Catalog, and just as before, any that has something listed means it will always have it, and any weapon that has NO element can have any element on it at any level (within the weapon type's element level restrictions, of course).

The only exception to this is that, unless the weapon has a set "Heaven" element on it, you will never find any weapon in this game with "Heaven" as its element, unless you personally use the only Heaven Element you can ever get legitimately in the game on it, in which case no "conditional rare" weapon you will ever find will have Heaven.

4. Do different character classes have different animations on weapons? If they do, is one character better at a weapon than another?
    For the most part, most character do in fact have different animations (the most notable I can think of being how males using Claw weapons will use the second hit of the final strike in their combo to "kick" their foes rather than strike with their claws). So, to answer your question: Yes, they do, however, for a further list of what changed there are between races and genders... you might have to see for yourself... sorry. ^_^;

5. Roughly, what lv is the halfway point to lv 100 experience wise?
    At level 92, having already gotten 3217570 of the EXP to get to level 100's massive 6355210 EXP cap, you will just slightly over halfway done. Yeah, funny how 8 levels is the what will make for most of your game's grinding...

6. Are there any add slot items to up the slots on your armor or do you have to find a 4 slot armor?
    No, unfortunately there are not. You must find the armor you want with the slot amount you desire (which can only be 4, I'd assume, unless you're wanting a Frame, in which case the "common" Frame armors can only ever be found with a max of THREE (3) slots, never 4. Why, I don't know, but you just can't find common Frames with 4 slots).

7. Are any of the higher lv rare armors visible on your character?
    Nope, the only way to change your looks is the dressing room. Mags still change as they grow, of course, however your character's looks will not change by any other means but the dressing room, unfortunately. :/

8. When a weapon has an element, does it just randomly turn on in the middle of your combo or is there something you can do to constantly trigger it?
    Weapon elements will proc at random times at a rate that is relatiove to its weapon type (and in some cases, the element's level). You can find the procrate and the maximum element level for weapon types at this page: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2609

Please forgive all the noob questions.
    You are forgiven. :3

EDIT: I see Doc answered as well, but I will leave my answers up in case I might have given a more thorough answer to some questions of yours, mario. :P
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; May 26, 2012 at 02:59 PM.