what your favorite type of weapon for hunters

If this work i will make ones for forces and rangers
    Last edited by Mike; May 30, 2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Merge
    Zain Skyhawk
    3DS F/C: 0302-0570-3795
    I am a

num_pad dumbpad pad c u Harlocke's Avatar

Thumbs up SABERS! OH YEAH!!

As a hunter, my favorite weapon type would most definitely be sabers. I swear by sabers, haha! Actually, when I first started playing PSZ, I had difficulty finding a weapon that I would feel comfortable using. I initially dismissed sabers. "Ew, default weapon. Need to scrap ASAP!" Decided to take a dip in the weapon pool; ultimately, I emerged with pruned skin and no weapon to call my own. Swords, claws, spears, etc.--everything was either too slow or not flashy enough. Though, I will say that I do enjoy using shields too, but you won't see me using them as much as sabers. Continuing on, In an act of desperation, I grabbed a saber--this time one with a photon art (derp)--and stormed off into battle. After several dodge rolls, slashes, and Force Rides later, I rejoiced. My enemies cast into oblivion and the world torn asunder all with the help of my newly-trusted saber. I finally found my niche; all is well! With saber in hand, I sailed off into the sunset and the rest is history.

Anyway, my reasons for sabers being my favorite are as follows:

• Balance
    • Aesthetics
    • Fast
    • Efficient

For the most part, sabers have good balance between ATP and ACC. The ATP/ACC mods of the their photon arts are quite swell too! Nothing below 100% in either category; the highest being 160% in ATP (Cross Rave) and 140% in ACC (Zeta Cutlass). I really do love the range/AoE of Zeta Cutlass in particular. It's spectacular for hitting swarms and also landing hits on multiple points of certain bosses (think Dark Falz or Chaos & Mobius). The PA charge times of sabers are rather quick and cost-efficient as well. Oh, the basic attack combo is decent too. Last but not least: aesthetics. Aside from liking the animations of the PAs, I also like the design of the sabers themselves. Stormer: it's blue, my favorite color. Luzparias: Hot. Eclipse Star: Magical. But the one that takes the cake, the cream of the crop, the bee's knees is none other than the legend it self: the Goof Swatter. What's that you say? You want to win the heart of that lovely Racaseal next door? Why stop at one Racaseal when you can take Goof Swatter in hand, strut down the avenue like a boss and win 50?

And that's all from me.

/saberfanboyism
    Last edited by Harlocke; May 29, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Some dreams come true

While others are cast side

Daggers are cool and all, but I sure love my Cross Rave.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Being a (primarily) RAcast, I fully endorse Spears.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

When I can I'd equip a pair of daggers and cut loosr, yeah they havr a loooong animation but the damage output is totaly worth it!

I just can't take a pick. It should probably be sabers, but swords have Over End <3, spears are pretty fun, daggers are great and awesome-looking, claws have great PAs and twin sabers are one of the few weapons that I don't spam PAs so often with. So I'm kinda torn to pieces here...

that alright sp-24 i just asking for a favorite for hunter you don't have to vote if you don't want to

that cool Harlocke,Food,Shanks, and Vin
    Last edited by Dragwind; May 30, 2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: merge from double post
    Zain Skyhawk
    I am a

Hard to choose, but I went with daggers, although double sabers and shields trail close behind. Daggers are pretty fun. Snappy, air ride is fun, reverse kill is... well it's usable, and probably the only dagger PA with actual range. Also six hits.

Double Sabers have quite the oomph to them although their slower speed throws me off a bit. Decent PAs, Tornado Dance is okay, Million Rave is cool (although you have to gauge distance if you want all four hits), and... I honestly never used Cyclone Run but it probably has some use as well like Humilias striking or small enemy swarms.

As for shields? Bull Smash, enough said. Well, that and they somehow manage to hit more than one enemy with normal attacks even with its short range.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Man, this is hard to pick. I think I'll just list what makes them all special to me:

-Sabers have the speed, cheap and efficiently powerful/accurate PA's, and element level to complement a very wide-use weapon.
    -Swords have uberhaxx power, especially with Over End, and hit many foes in a wide range with its first two swings (but speed is a downfall of it in regular use).
    -Daggers got the speed, hit count, and sheer single-target DPS, along with a unique set of PA's that can either allow for some extra necessary range for decent results, or even MORE hits in a short AoE with dazzling beauty.
    -Spears have the decent range, can hit multiple foes with certain AoE, and Hopping Run and Speed Rain are both very "useable" PA's.
    -Claws got the decent element level to complement their extra last-combo-two-hit attack and their mini-Over End PA, Bite Stamp, and also have good ATP and ATA to boot.
    -Shields got them boom-boom-POW with their max element level, highest procrates, defensive boost (and invulnerability at a low PP cost per hit), and can hit multiple foes at point-blank range, and insanely high ATA. Also, Barrier Shift makes for the perfect support for close-knit assaults on bosses in multiplayer.
    -Double Sabers kinda go in with Daggers for their incredible single-target DPS, only being stronger at the price of speed. The PA's are definitely more vaired, mixing in more powerful hits with a lower hitcount comparatively, with Cyclone Run kinda being the red-headed stepchild of D-Saber PA's; Million Rave is cool to use, though.

In the end, I cannot come up with which weapon I favor most from this list. I must simply agree that every weapon listed has its own purpose, and no two weapon types can really compare equally, in the sense they all have their strengths and weaknesses. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

okay that cool
    Zain Skyhawk
    I am a