Default Need advice on building my ranger up.

I have a level 44 Male human Ranger (for got the shortened name) with the purplum Section ID.

Right now i have him in Vhard but It's been a very long time since i've used a Ranger to get into Ult so im a bit rusty.
    I have him with Three elf arms ++ and one god arm, A Diwari level 200, And three main weapons, Frozen shooter, Ruby bullet, And crush bullet.
    With the Frozen shooter he got through the Hard ruins fairly easy. But i fear that he wont be so lucky in Vhard. Are there and other weapons i should try to get for him, Or even Any rare Units\Armors or Frames?

How in the world did you even get a Frozen Shooter? I'm guessing you have a high level Greenill or something.

Honestly, at your level, some of the better weapons will be non-reds that are really strong with Hit %. Things like Lasers, Arms and Vulcans with Charge/Hell/etc on them. For Melee, you can do the quests that net you a Soul Eater.

A good shield would be the Ranger Wall, if you can get it.

Actually i have a high level Whitill and And i have a blizzard Vulcan and Burning Vulcan with 45% hit also a 20% hit Charge vulcans , But i was more looking for Spreads, and or better launchers. I have the soul eater and a Stag cutlery.
    Im more looking for Armors that can benefit A rangers ability to with stand a couple hits. I was planning on getting a couple Devil\battles to speed up my Launchers But im not sure.

Considering Armors are level based with their requirements, you're really only going to be able to equip the shop/blue drop armors until you get to around lvl 70.

For units, the best ones for you will be Ranger Wall, God/Ability, God/Arm, God/Power, God/Battle.

For a Spread, you could always look into Spread Needle. It's pretty sweet. Sadly, a lot of the good rare spread weapons don't combo (unless you're on a private server).
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Jun 4, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

I've lasted through Ultimate no problem on the Frozen Shooter alone with my RAmarl, just make sure to get a Cure/Freeze off a rare Pouilly Slime (I think I spelled that right?) and you're good to go. Being able to freeze any enemy, and deal damage, with 100% accuracy, I've never found anything that can quite replace that! ^_^

Edit: Oh! I should mention, I mean Pouilly Slime (with Whitill, if that's what you have) on VHard, greatest chance of Cure/Freeze there.

Speaking of accuracy, with that Frozen Shooter in hand, might as well replace those /Arm type units with /Power or something, no need to worry about missing with that Special Attack! (That is, of course, if you don't switch to anything else, in which case, just keep them on hand)

The only Weapons i use are The cursh bullet (for boxes and Claws) , Ruby bullet (for a stronge long range handgun), Frozen shooter (for long range Freeze), Delsaber Buster With Sheild for Speed and great attack And L&k14 Combat (just for fun)
    Right now i have on two Devil\battles, a God luck ( im looking for some rares), and a God arm (so i can still use all the Guns) My mag Diwari Has Def 12 attk 111 Dex 77 And mind 0

(Btw i already made it in the caves, Within less that an hour

FYI - Devil/Battle does not stack with itself past 30% attack speed increase, so that's 10% wasted. You should look for a God/Battle.

/Luck items don't boost your rare drop rate; they boost critical hit rate.

Also, don't forget about Cure units. Those are pretty dang important, particularly once you move to Ultimate. Cure/Paralysis & Freeze will be super important (since Sol Atomizer can cleanse Shock/Poison/Slow).
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Jun 4, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Some good advice here, but also some bad stuff too.

Weapons - Right now, you can't find much better ones. Since you have a Frozen Shooter, you're pretty much set for now. However, you should use your charge mechguns. Although they don't have 50 hit like the ones you can find in the shops at later levels, they still should do good damage. HHS or HSS combos should be accurate enough since you're a ramar, and only in V.Hard. If not, feel free to change up the combos a bit to your liking.

Armor - Armor won't protect you from much damage at this point; what's important is how many slots you have. Obviously, you want an armor with 4.

Units - /Battle Units under God don't do much, but you can use a devil/battle if you really want to. Only one though, as the speed boosts don't stack. Your God/Arm is fine. God/Luck isn't necessary, but if you don't have anything better it's alright for now. As for your fourth unit, you should try to look for an ogre/power (assuming you don't have/can't acquire a God/Power yet). If you're missing with many attacks, use another /arm unit. Also consider replacing your god/luck with a dragon/hp to boost your HP another 40. If you're getting hit hard, it could come in handy in helping you survive.

Mag- Yours is fine.

Techniques - Ramars can learn up to level 15 shifta and deband, so you should learn them to boost your atp/dfp while you're fighting, if you don't already.

Honestly since your mag is already level 200 with decent stats, and you have a frozen shooter, you shouldn't have much trouble. I can see you maybe have trouble if enemies get too close and they hurt you a lot. Like I said earlier, an hp boosting unit may help, as well as keeping deband up constantly. But with a frozen shooter, you should be able to stop enemies from attacking you.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?